Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Still scunnered with the statement, hopefully when Grant is sacked there is an apology to how people have been treated and some cold hard facts that the wrong person has been appointed and the decision to keep him on for a week or month or however was the wrong call.

If they made the decision and wrote the statement they can have been in no doubt that this would have been the reaction and if so that's fine it's good planning to realise the cost the decision will have.

I hope there is a plan to get people back, it's going to be extremely difficult to meet half way between, "you've cost us sponsors" something I doubt and "sack the board" something I doubt folk actually believe is any one of possible, realistic or proportional.

The bigger concern to me is the football club, wrongly in my view, is still absolutely dependant on volunteers, it's no longer as reliant on the lifeline after being pretty well run, off the park, for the last few years. So people bailing out the lifeline will be disappointing but not critical to the business. However if this statement has pissed off 5 volunteers who commit amazing amounts of time to the club then the whole thing is knackered and I feel for them as they are also the people who go round the country and have been thrown under the the bus to give Grant a week, month or quarter to sort it out.

I would hope the plan to reconnect with the fans is in full swing as the chasms is clear and if I'm honest is going to need money thrown at it, step one is of course replace Grant and apologies unreservedly for him taking office and the subsequent PR shit storm. Step two is clear the air and get views on how supporters feel going forward, anger is good it means people care about the club. It would have been far worse if folk had seen such a poor statement and gone "meh that's that done" Step three implement what the fans what or have a timescale for doing so, my initial thoughts would be around disabled access to the lounges and "safe" standing in the North West as well as bringing in a paid role to the board as CEO or general manager or the like.

It's going to take a lot to get us pulling in the same direction again and hopefully it's not too long before that's the case, but I have my doubts, sadly.

11 hours ago, third lanark said:

See the lifeline thing that some fans are cancelling- is it like a Pars lottery thing or the Pars equivalent of the FOH that Hearts had?

The lifeline is a monthly direct debit, similar to FOH at Hearts. Was set up in our admin period and has contributed a lot of money since. I think there was well over 1000 contributing at least £20pm originally but the numbers fell. Usually twice a year you get an article on the official site asking members to rejoin etc. You do get added into a prize draw for every home game where 5 members win £200 and one wins a boardroom/hospitality pass for the next home game but if I'm being honest it's a lot of crap. Same names appear in the winning list every so often.

I was always of the opinion that is Dunfermline sacked Grant they have more than enough in the squad to get them clear of relegation trouble but there is some serious Falkirk vibes starting to appear where the whole club is fucked and it won’t be turned around.

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The lifeline is a monthly direct debit, similar to FOH at Hearts. Was set up in our admin period and has contributed a lot of money since. I think there was well over 1000 contributing at least £20pm originally but the numbers fell. Usually twice a year you get an article on the official site asking members to rejoin etc. You do get added into a prize draw for every home game where 5 members win £200 and one wins a boardroom/hospitality pass for the next home game but if I'm being honest it's a lot of crap. Same names appear in the winning list every so often.

Needs to be rebranded as it's not (or bloody well shouldn't be) a "lifeline" any more.

PS - That last bit sounds like a lot of unfounded shite to me. I'm happy to proved wrong though if you can be bothered. 

22 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I was always of the opinion that is Dunfermline sacked Grant they have more than enough in the squad to get them clear of relegation trouble but there is some serious Falkirk vibes starting to appear where the whole club is fucked and it won’t be turned around.

Oh, make no mistake, we are absolutely fucked now. This goes so much further than Grant being an incompetent manager. We will be absolutely marooned at the foot of the table when they will take action, when no-one decent will actually want the job, therefore we will be stuck with bottom of the barrel appointments: Rice, Hughes, McKinnon etc. 

The whole idea of fans costing the club sponsors is mental. This is Scottish football. The 2 largest clubs in the country, with astronomical sponsorship revenue (in comparison to everyone else) have some of the most vile fans in the world. All that proves, is that results on the park will always be one of the most important things that are considered when it comes to attracting sponsorship revenue in this game.

To try and put that on the fans is embarrassing and will result in less revenue in terms of lifeline/gate receipts, whilst certainly not attracting any new revenue sources. That statement is an ugly look for the club and is much more likely to discourage anyone from investing/sponsoring the club, than anything that fans have done recently.

When you add that to the whole ‘legitimate goal’ that our highlights have already taken the time to prove was offside and the statement about Grant proving he can turn this around, the statement is full of blatant lies. It’s as simple as that, there are so many things in there that are lies and there is no way that the board believe them to be true. They just think that all of us are simpletons and should just believe everything they say.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

On a similar note, if the next match versus Raith at EEP wasn’t on a Tuesday, would you be willing to bet against a higher visiting crowd than home, if PG remained in charge?

It'll be interesting to see the home numbers at the Killie game as I'd imagine the fall out from yesterday will rumble on to then. There'll always be a core of home fans that wouldn't miss a game but a loss to Killie and Thistle with no action and you might be right. It's an absolute stick on that we'll beat Killie now after all that's happened and that they're favorites to win the league. A win that will undoubtedly buy Grant another 10 games.  

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

PS - That last bit sounds like a lot of unfounded shite to me. I'm happy to proved wrong though if you can be bothered. 

Could just be me being crabbit but a twitter search with a winners name and DAFC Lifeline will show how many times they've been announced as a winner (if they bothered to announce it on twitter as they don't always). A name that won it on 18 September looked familiar so I checked, they've won it 3 times previously, twice in the space of as many months and would probably be considered a well kent face at East End, at least to some. Not saying they've been cherry picked for one minute, just that I noticed it. I don't really mind, my lifeline sub is to help the Pars not win prizes.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Could just be me being crabbit but a twitter search with a winners name and DAFC Lifeline will show how many times they've been announced as a winner (if they bothered to announce it on twitter as they don't always). A name that won it on 18 September looked familiar so I checked, they've won it 3 times previously, twice in the space of as many months and would probably be considered a well kent face at East End, at least to some. Not saying they've been cherry picked for one minute, just that I noticed it. I don't really mind, my lifeline sub is to help the Pars not win prizes.

No offence intended mate