Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Tha statement is worse than some of the cringeworthy stuff that has come out of Firhill in recent years. It just confirms that 1) Football boards don't understand their fan base and 2) They don't care

Until they start referring to themselves as Dunfermline Athletic Family Club they haven't got near scraping that barrel yet.

Genuinely torn here.

On the one hand I’m pissing myself laughing at the absolute rip-roaring c*nt your board have been making of themselves since the minute they appointed that buffoon, and that they’re still managing to find ways of making things worse.
And I’d find it quite amusing if you spent a couple of seasons in league one with Falkirk.

But on the other, the memories of Locke and Drysdale are still quite fresh and the similarities are striking.
Most of you lot are just the same as most of us- supporting your local team instead of taking the easy option.
I feel for you cos I know how shite it is when the board blame the fans to cover their own incompetencies.

On balance I’m probably on the ‘point and laugh’ side of the fence but hopefully you get the poison out of your club before you start to lose the younger supporters coming through.

I’m amazed that one of the least offensive things in the whole sordid missive is the statement that 4 more points would change things dramatically. 4 points, which presumes two wins by one goal replacing two ties, would leave you eighth, tied with the Accies at 8 points and -7 GD. The incredible nature of the DAFC Board actually suggesting that simply squeezing up to eighth would constitute a dramatic change is mind boggling considering the avowed season goals a few months ago. The Board have clearly shown that this seasons “success” is no relegation, period…which has frightening implications for the time frame for determining when Grant has failed in THEIR minds. My guess, no movement before November, and God help you!

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’m amazed that one of the least offensive things in the whole sordid missive is the statement that 4 more points would change things dramatically. 4 points, which presumes two wins by one goal replacing two ties, would leave you eighth, tied with the Accies at 8 points and -7 GD. The incredible nature of the DAFC Board actually suggesting that simply squeezing up to eighth would constitute a dramatic change is mind boggling considering the avowed season goals a few months ago. The Board have clearly shown that this seasons “success” is no relegation, period…which has frightening implications for the time frame for determining when Grant has failed in THEIR minds. My guess, no movement before November, and God help you!

I think the insinuation is we could have five more points? If we'd been given the offside goal against QoTS and somehow got a win in one of the other draws we'd be on 9 points. 

Would it have been deserved? No. 

5 hours ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Nah McArthur can get to f**k. Giving Peter Grant a vote of confidence at this stage in the season is scandalous in itself. To then throw the fans under the bus again, aye sound alan sugar let’s see how good a business move that was. Lifeline’s cancelled, shove your season ticket right up yer arsenal anaw. Piss poor crowds, players fed up getting twatted every other week. Zero shots FC. The board are clearly on a different planet from the rest of Scottish football here and they’ve added fuel to what was already, a b*****d of a fire. 

McArthur Out, Grant out now.

Fat bitch 

Straight from the Gerald Ratner book of business moves more like

We’re lucky to have as many points as we have. Morton should have been about 3 or 4 up at half time the opening game! Could probably say the same for Raith game last week ffs. They are all living on cloud cuckoo land.

Wonder how many people cancelled their lifeline subscription today? Sounded like a hell of a lot judging by social media. Hopefully that and sub 1500 home fans will start getting the message through their thick fucking skulls.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I think the insinuation is we could have five more points? If we'd been given the offside goal against QoTS and somehow got a win in one of the other draws we'd be on 9 points. 

Would it have been deserved? No. 

Well, that makes all the difference, eh…rocketing up to seventh. It’s still a shambles of a thing to toss in there.

On a similar note, if the next match versus Raith at EEP wasn’t on a Tuesday, would you be willing to bet against a higher visiting crowd than home, if PG remained in charge?

Well, that makes all the difference, eh…rocketing up to seventh. It’s still a shambles of a thing to toss in there.
On a similar note, if the next match versus Raith at EEP wasn’t on a Tuesday, would you be willing to bet against a higher visiting crowd than home, if PG remained in charge?
Still might even if its through the week. If we were to lose to killie then thistle (which is likely tbh) its not out with the realm of possibilities!

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We’re lucky to have as many points as we have. Morton should have been about 3 or 4 up at half time the opening game! Could probably say the same for Raith game last week ffs. They are all living on cloud cuckoo land.

Wonder how many people cancelled their lifeline subscription today? Sounded like a hell of a lot judging by social media. Hopefully that and sub 1500 home fans will start getting the message through their thick fucking skulls.

With a reported 800-900 or so Lifeline members, you would suspect that anything over 75 quitting would get their attention…but with that statement, who knows. With a reported £1,000,000 donated in 5 years from 2013, and a total of £1,500,000 by mid-2021, that puts Lifeline donations at about £150,000-£180,000 per year recently, which works out to about £12,500-£15,000 per month. With 800 contributing, that’s a low of about £15 per, so only about 67 quitting would pull £1,000 a month of contributions…or a high of about £20 per, taking just 50 to get there. Regardless of the actual numbers, I’d say that statement alone has cost the team at least a player salary of donations. An impressive own goal.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We are comfortably taking over Falkirk for the banter era. Get yourselves strapped in boys we’re just getting started!

Actually you are not.  Gash though we are in the Seaside League, we can always rely on Falkirk for quality entertainment every week.  Right now, they are the gift that keeps on giving.  

Edited by Fast_Action

Are there any Pars fans out there that want to defend that, or the current situation at all?

Genuinely, I'm not being a dick.  I want to hear if I'm actually missing something here, something tangible that would make me think "aw aye fair enough".

Several hours on and i'm still in shock tbh.

Is sacking Grant eventually even enough now? I'm veering toward the Chairman's head needing to roll as well given his also shambolic record in appointing managers at the club and his dna being all over this joke of a statement.

Ideally both of them gone and an apology from the owners, recognising they misjudged the man they kept in charge and for trusting him to communicate with fans, would be what I want to hear from the club.

I won't be back at East End until at least Grant is gone, otherwise I don't know how i'll react at a game...

Wonder if there will be any reaction today, surely they will realise it was a massive own goal. I don't expect anything to happen with Grant but the board have some options communication wise: 

a)Double down and get the crayons out for another ranty statement.

b) hide under a rock until the Killie game and continue to tweet out pish about commercial partners and Pars picks

c) realise all the lifeline payments being cancelled show the strength of feeling and issue a grovelling apology. 

Personally I am going for b. La,la la la la la. 

If it's true that there is a split between the old guard and the new regime we might see a resignation or two? 

Considering the way Dunfermline played after their actual equaliser at Stark's, I think it could easily be argued that if Wighton's goal had been given they'd have been more likely to lose the match as Rovers would have had more time to get a winner. 

Think from my initial anger at the Sevco style, ''it's everybody else's fault'' statement, I've woken up to a real sadness that the out of touch people running the club have caused damage on and off the pitch.

The excuses that were made for Peter Grant is embarrassing. Lying about goals we should had, making up wins we should've had with no foundation. Blaming Covid, when every other club has had to deal with it. The reason they are making theses excuses it because the can't own up to the major screw up of taking this awful manager on.

Then the McArthur style dig at fan behaviour . Yeah, a team that's not won an away game in a calendar year. 0 wins in 8 league games and still he and his deluded pals won't act. What does he expect? A handful of fans shouting and finger pointing really doesn't need a board statement lecturing us about behaviour. He really is an easily offended, spoiled brat.  McArthur lapped it up in the early days, but can't handle getting called out on his useless running of football affairs since then.  Time to go and take you shite manager with you.

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is this the first time in history a team has been relegated as soon as October? Even Brechin managed until at least Halloween.

All these lines from the manager and board are all too familiar from the weekly Brechin interviews from the previous few seasons when they were under fire:

Aww, we've been unfortunate with injuries.  The players are low on confidence and we just need a couple of results to get us going. We just need to keep our heads up and the results will come eventually.  We need stability to get us through this tough time, not a new manager.  The management are working tirelessly. The manager has brought good players in, they just need time to gel, etc etc etc

Aye, because that worked out well.

Edited by Hedgecutter