Walking Down The Halbeath Road

51 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You wonder just how close Grant can actually be to the sack now, because it would seem odd to offer such a ridiculously over the top defence of him that completely burns any bridges between the club and support only to sack him in a few weeks anyway.

I honestly feel your pain lads, but unfortunately this guy has just about called it right. The board have now backed themselves into a corner with nowhere else to go but continue to back a turd that's not going to flush.

Many other clubs, including our own, have been in similar situations caused by poor management selection then absolute arrogance by the culprits, but this must take the biscuit.

Things can only get better, and they will.......eventually, just hope it doesn't take relegation to force their hands.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is this the first time in history a team has been relegated as soon as October? Even Brechin managed until at least Halloween.

Halloween is in October.

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Has a similar vibe to it as the statements the Falkirk board were putting a few years ago. League 1 bound through sheer arrogance to accept they've made a mistake. 

They also thought scrapping their youth system was a good idea.

That statement reminds me of Rover’s Eric Drysdale at his worst. Blaming everyone else and completely mis-reading the room. It’s a two fingers up, f**k you strategy which never works. As someone else says, it will look even more ridiculous in a few weeks when he is actually sacked. 

"The coaching team put the focus on the defence in order to reduce the number of goals conceded so that we would have a better opportunity to win games."

Well it does help when you drop a goalie and defender who are as good as starting two goals down and bin a formation that had multiple players playing out of position. I didn`t think it would take the whole coaching team 6+ games to fathom that out.

"Peter has proven in the past that he can handle such a difficult situation"

Absolute bullshit. In what position was this achieved? He`s been a failure as a coach and a manager everywhere he`s been FFS.

"However, the events of the last few weeks have certainly not made for a positive portrayal of our club to our new investors and potential new sponsors"

Whereas the the on-field performances have?? Absolute nonsense - I`m pretty sure a dozen angry supporters at the end of a game would be less of a concern to them than relegation to League One and the financial ruin that would go with it.

"The board would like to state that the behaviour of a handful of supporters at the end of Saturday`s match was completely unacceptable"

Was this really necessary? I am pretty sure I would have struggled to contain my anger if I`d just wasted £50+ and a full day travelling up and down the length of the country to witness that performance. Ignorance is sometimes bliss, unfortunately the board can notice a dozen fans hurling abuse but can`t somehow notice that Peter Grant was an utterly horrendous appointment and somehow believe he is the right man to take us out of the position we are in.

For me this has now changed from getting rid of Grant to getting rid of Grant and the board. They have threw the supporters under the bus and fans have to take a stand against the utter tripe they have came out with today. 

Many people have cancelled their lifeline subscription, hardly anyone will be at the Killie game and when Killie absolutely pump us, how the FVCK can they keep it going?

Well if that was an attempt to polish the turd that is currently the misfortunes of DAFC then it was nothing but an epic fail. A horrendous piece of PR.

I'm wary of rejoicing in an other club's misfortunes because these things can easily rebound and you can soon find yourself wallowing in your own club's problems but after that verbal diahorrea...🏖️.. beckons.

1 minute ago, embow said:

Well if that was an attempt to polish the turd that is currently the misfortunes of DAFC then it was nothing but an epic fail. A horrendous piece of PR.

I'm wary of rejoicing in an other club's misfortunes because these things can easily rebound and you can soon find yourself wallowing in your own club's problems but after that verbal diahorrea...🏖️.. beckons.

Nah fuckin wire in man, I'd be doing the exact same if Raith had Peter Grant and that statement.