Walking Down The Halbeath Road

At the risk of being accused of 'inciting violence', or 'breaching the peace', or indeed any other term that Police Scotland may want to throw at me when this post is published, if were walking down the Halbeath Road this afternoon...

Just now, Enigma said:

Think you’ll ever see that new youth academy and training facilities?

Have a feeling that if the new investors weren't very happy with a handful of supporters telling Grant to f**k off, they'll be pretty seething at the toxic atmosphere next Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The rumour during the covid chaos was that McArthur acted like a bullying b*****d to other chairmen, was it not?

That statement has him all over it.

What a cock.

Think it was Inverness who ran that line and well, erm, yeh.

But to his credit he led to campaign to narrow the gulfs in prize money payments between all the finishing places in the championship something he built consensus for so can't imagine he's that unpopular at board room level. 

But do think it's a bit odd to quote Thomas and then have the rest from the view of the board, feel the chairman or the vice chair should have written it and put their name to it.

I’m assuming - maybe stupidly - that multiple people will need to have read it and given it the green light. Not *one* person thought “Hmm, this maybe won’t play well with the scum”?

There has been a simmering fury about the support for quite a while and this will either see it kick off or people will be done for good.

An absolute, mortifying shambles.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I notice the bit in the statement saying Pars had a "legitimate goal" disallowed on Saturday. I've possibly missed it but I don't remember in great claims of injustice on the match thread.

That’s because he was quite clearly offside, the excuses are bad enough in themselves but that part in the statement is genuinely just false.

6DE3FE39-1813-47D5-B378-19EAF098B9A6.jpeg

Edited by VinnyPar

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

I notice the bit in the statement saying Pars had a "legitimate goal" disallowed on Saturday. I've possibly missed it but I don't remember in great claims of injustice on the match thread.

It was legitimate if you have enough confidence to ignore the off side rule, Grant has given us that confidence.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm just giving benefit of the doubt and assuming that he's getting mixed up with the offside one against Raith.

Edited by DeclanG

Totally embarrassing statement and decision. The one expectation basically everyone had, par or otherwise, was that we’d get a new manager and turn things around enough to consolidate our place in this league.

Preach about investors and blame fans all they like, this is a football club and this decision alone might well be enough to get us relegated.

1 minute ago, AlwaysAPar said:

I would have thought that the ominous threat of playing in the third tier of Scottish football, with sub-2000 attendances, would be more off-putting to potential sponsors than a couple of lads calling Peter Grant a w****r. But what do I know

you don't know anything,  none of us know anything.  Only the board and Grant have the intelligence levels needed.