Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If you’re the person who appointed Grant,  despite his horrendous record and the petulance, lack of class or self-awareness he’d show in his post-match comments when we played his team, and who then sanctioned him signing his dazzlingly bloated and mediocre squad, then you really need to be walking away from your position.

Did we not have to take down a post match interview after the Alloa match in February, because he was so personal and/or abusive about the officials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's surely a stick on he'll be given his jotters at some point this week, I really can't see any other outcome. What's going in Dunfermline's favour here is if they do manage to punt PG sharpish and bring someone in that knows what they are doing there is more than ample time to get them performing and climbing the table. On paper Dunfermline have decent individual players, just a case of someone getting them playing well as a team. Their 2nd half display against us shows they are more than able however raising your game against your better neighbours needs to be carried on to other games as well. 

Don't get me wrong if Dunfermline were to be relegated it would be fucking hilarious. It won't happen though.

What makes you so sure it won’t happen? We have 0 midfield options and about a trillion centre halves. Strikers confidence must be rock bottom as well. It is going to be a big task for the new man coming in to change this around.

Not only a new man but some of those players stealing a wage are needing flung into the ocean. A couple midfielders is a total must. Edwards, for all good he is going forward, is fucking murder at defending, so your looking at a left-back as well given Martin isn’t in the frame. Left-back isn’t a priority, but it is needing sorted. Goalkeeper as well. For the good OFW does he will throw away goals as well. Mehmet shouldn’t play for the club ever again. Useless. Someone consistent needed in goals, definitely. Right-back and centre half is sorted as are wide men and strikers. But the team is so disjointed at the moment that it is going to take some doing to get them playing well. We have literally not been good all season, bar a 20 minute spell against Raith. It has been shockingly bad.

If either John Robertson or Stewart Petrie are interested, then do everything possible to get either. Or open up for applications ffs. I don’t even trust the charlatans in the board to make a good decision. Probably appoint Brian Rice.

Probably cursing it now but I do honestly believe they’ll take action this week. Might not be today but it simply has to happen. I have notifications on from DAFC twitter just waiting on the news.

We have Killie, Thistle and Rovers in the space of 10 days after the international break and Grant wouldn’t win any of them.

11 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Did we not have to take down a post match interview after the Alloa match in February, because he was so personal and/or abusive about the officials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t be surprised. Calling our players cheats, slating officials etc. What annoyed me is that a couple of times when playing for Celtic his team came here and got results due to the most horrendous dives and cheating. 

Journos on Twitterland saying an announcement sometime this week. No doubt come out and say he is getting time to turn it around, knowing the spineless twat in charge of this shambles.

Tuesday the most likely day for it according to said journos. What a fecking mess of a club [emoji1]

He’s certainly doing the reputation of previously unflavoured managers a world of good. Maybe Jocky Scott, Davis Hay, Kenny were pretty good after all. It is only one defeat in four games for Grant too so may be a bit hasty to think about changing. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It is only one defeat in four games for Grant too so may be a bit hasty to think about changing. 

No' really. We might need 40? points (total) to survive. If Grant gets the first 9 games, we may need to get 36 points from the remaining 27 games. 

That's a big enough ask. If Grant gets 12 games the job of the new manager would be even harder. We might need to win 12 of 24 games. How likely is that?

It's a lot o' points we need just to survive. I'm not convinced a new manager will come in and find it at all easy to get them.. 

Edited by Parmesan

I really don’t know where the points are coming from the next three games. Even with a new man, it will take some doing to lift a downtrodden team and win games with no midfield options.

Could never fathom why PG was appointed manager of the pars in the first place.  Someone who got Alloa relegated to League 1 was a stick on to take Dunfermline to the top of Scottish Championship??  Your directors must have a death wish🙄

5 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Could never fathom why PG was appointed manager of the pars in the first place.  Someone who got Alloa relegated to League 1 was a stick on to take Dunfermline to the top of Scottish Championship??  Your directors must have a death wish🙄

I can only think it was a cheap option. I refuse to believe there wasn’t at least a dozen better candidates who would have happily taken the job.

I can only think it was a cheap option. I refuse to believe there wasn’t at least a dozen better candidates who would have happily taken the job.

There was at least 80 better options that handed in CV’s for it.

McArthur is a fucking clown and also needs to go.

59 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

No' really. We might need 40? points (total) to survive. If Grant gets the first 9 games, we may need to get 36 points from the remaining 27 games. 

That's a big enough ask. If Grant gets 12 games the job of the new manager would be even harder. We might need to win 12 of 24 games. How likely is that?

It's a lot o' points we need just to survive. I'm not convinced a new manager will come in and find it at all easy to get them.. 

40 points has been enough in almost every season since the last realignment to keep eighth or higher. 36 out of 27 isn’t unreasonable, with a decent set of players, it’s when you get closer to 30 out of 18 that it’s probably too late.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Think that’s harsh. He’s clearly not suited to appointing managers but that doesn’t mean he needs hounded out of the club.

Think that’s harsh. He’s clearly not suited to appointing managers but that doesn’t mean he needs hounded out of the club.

Isn’t Meggle sporting director (or something like that) now? I’d imagine he will have the strongest influence on footballing decisions going forward. It’s time for him to show what he’s made of.

The chairman has undoubtedly made a mistake with this appointment - biggest mistake he made was doing that interview bragging about the ignored applications, in favour of headhunting Grant - who didn’t even apply. I think that’s the reason McArthur seems to be getting a lot of the criticism for this appointment.