Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The question to ask then is can the current team be tuned to perform acceptably or is the Winter window the only hope?

I think if we added another midfielder then we should be capable of finishing above shite like Queens, Morton & Ayr.

If/once Grant leaves, the players will need to prove they actually do have some quality and resilience. They’ve shown precious little so far and Grant is absorbing all the backlash.

I think if we added another midfielder then we should be capable of finishing above shite like Queens, Morton & Ayr.
If/once Grant leaves, the players will need to prove they actually do have some quality and resilience. They’ve shown precious little so far and Grant is absorbing all the backlash.

I have absolutely no doubt that once your board gets shot of Grant you will start to pick up points and finish up the likes of ourselves and Morton and Hamilton. There’s a good team in there when the right players are actually picked and set out in accordance with their strengths. It’s a matter of how bad does it need to get before Grant is sacked though?

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I have absolutely no doubt that once your board gets shot of Grant you will start to pick up points and finish up the likes of ourselves and Morton and Hamilton. There’s a good team in there when the right players are actually picked and set out in accordance with their strengths. It’s a matter of how bad does it need to get before Grant is sacked though?

What if the board picks another dud?

What if the board picks another dud?

Think they’d have to appoint David Hopkin to ensure they stayed as shite as they currently are.

The likely scenario is appointing someone like Jim McIntyre or Hughes who will see them okay to the summer.

If Petrie genuinely wants to make a career as a full-time football manager, I think this opportunity would be too hard for him to turn down, regardless if we are a total binfire. It is no secret he is a Pars man. We should be doing everything we can to get him if he wants to go full-time.

For what it’s worth, I personally don’t see it happening. I think we’ll go for candidates that aren’t currently employed and affordable (cheap). So put of the candidates you’re probably looking at McIntyre or Hughes.

I’m not going to lie, if it was McIntyre and we were playing like it was 2010, I’d be all for it. But that isn’t a guarantee, obviously.

It’s a mess but it’s our own fault for hiring Grant in the first place. We will pay the price for it is my gut feeling. Would honestly bite your hand off for 8th place right now.

Feel your pain, we're in the same boat, with McPake.

No no no. We had a McPake in Crawford. For you to experience what we’re going through, you’d have to replace him with Ian Cathro or Daniel Stendel. Please come back once you’ve done that, so we can laugh at you.

Get that useless piece of dog shite  out of my club.  Gloves are off now. Cancelling lifeline  on Tuesday if no action taken by Monday.

Breaks my heart to say this, but enough is enough. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Get that useless piece of dog shite  out of my club.  Gloves are off now. Cancelling lifeline  on Tuesday if no action taken by Monday.
Breaks my heart to say this, but enough is enough. 

Me personally I’ll still keep the lifeline going no matter what. I see it as a commitment to the club and find it hard to cancel, even when we are this piss poor.

But I totally understand where you are coming from. It almost feels like chucking money in to a continuous abyss. We were told the lifeline was crucial for us to progress after the fans saved the club. We haven’t progressed since 2016. Yeah we finished 4th a couple times but is that seriously where we are as a club now? Happy to be mid table in the second tier with the odd stab at promotion every couple years?

In 2019 I honestly thought AJ set us back about 3 seasons. I never thought in that time we’d have a manager who would actually make us far worse and leave us scrambling to stay in the Championship, even with a chairman that is a spineless charlatan.

This isn’t an issue solely with the manager. This is an issue that needs to be addressed from the very top. Year after year of bad decisions.

9 hours ago, embow said:

The clue is in the name. 'Magyar' as in Maryhill Magyars. Plus he/she tells us that he/she is in Aberdeen but his/her team is Thistle.😉

Yes, I am in Aberdeen and I support Partick Thistle FC, based in the burgh of Maryhill in the city of Glasgow. 

14 hours ago, embow said:

The clue is in the name. 'Magyar' as in Maryhill Magyars. Plus he/she tells us that he/she is in Aberdeen but his/her team is Thistle.😉

I'd always presumed he was a Partick fan that lived in Hungary at the time of signing up.  Disappointing.