Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

This is exactly what's wrong with your club. Yes Dunfermline shouldn't be bottom but you believe your far bigger than you are.

HighlandMagyar is a Partick Thistle fan. Still that might explain the delusion that he/she thinks DAFC are a big force in Scottish football.😲

He’s maybe just a bit simple if he is suggesting people like McInnes.

Anyway, if that’s true about McCulloch and Miller then we are going down to battle for the bucket and spade trophy with the Falkirk mingers, East Fife and Petrie’s (🥰) Montrose next season.

We can absolutely attract decent managers given our history and our finances. McInnes though? Yeah I’d say we are about 4 grand light a week to afford him. Just a smidgen of the budget away from affording his wage in all fairness...

How pathetic does Grant sound in that interview? What a lame character. For me, he now has trumped Davie Hay and Stephen Kenny as the worst manager we’ve had since I started going to the games in the 90s.

5 minutes ago, embow said:

HighlandMagyar is a Partick Thistle fan. Still that might explain the delusion that he/she thinks DAFC are a big force in Scottish football.😲

After last Sunday Partick fans haven't changed the most wretched bunch you could ever come across. 

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Unless Kilmarnock are suddenly a bottom of league 2 side or a league 1 side with several players missing through covid it doesn't matter. 

They certainly aren’t those, but they are beatable if you match the form from your second half against us. However, given the shite PG served up again today, with Killie, Partick and us as the next three, there’s a very real chance you could be on 4 or 5 points after 11 games! The rumours above about a chance are positive for you, but I’m still thinking they’ll wait a couple of more games.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He’s maybe just a bit simple if he is suggesting people like McInnes.

Anyway, if that’s true about McCulloch and Miller then we are going down to battle for the bucket and spade trophy with the Falkirk mingers, East Fife and Petrie’s (🥰) Montrose next season.

We can absolutely attract decent managers given our history and our finances. McInnes though? Yeah I’d say we are about 4 grand light a week to afford him. Just a smidgen of the budget away from affording his wage in all fairness...

Doubtful East Fife will be in League One next season. The fans are baying for Young’s heid, and looks totally done in after today’s collapse. It’s also conceivable that Falkirk could drop as well, doubtful, but…

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

They certainly aren’t those, but they are beatable if you match the form from your second half against us.

Right so better than the two sides we've got the better of.  Being capable for short spells isn't enough in this division.

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He’s maybe just a bit simple if he is suggesting people like McInnes

😂😂 didn’t realise he was a jags fan, he is funny 

The clue is in the name. 'Magyar' as in Maryhill Magyars. Plus he/she tells us that he/she is in Aberdeen but his/her team is Thistle.😉

37 minutes ago, embow said:

Not having any of that. I'm old enough to remember when they poached/coaxed George Farm immediately after we were promoted and who took Ian Lister and Pat Gardner with him. We never really got the chance to see how far we might have progressed in the top league. In reality it set us back fifteen years despite yo - going up and down the lower leagues wining promotion here and there until Frank Connor put things in some semblance of order.

Meh, fair enough. I'm of marginally younger vintage - for context one of my earliest memories of Rovers v Pars games was the 6-0 New Year derby in the early 80s. Since then I've enjoyed the competitiveness of the derbies where both teams are of similar standing - the one-sided ones less so. I'd much rather a competitive Dunfermline team in the league, than the shitehawks that are currently stinking the place out.

Each to their own, I guess.

Sweaty Morph.

They'd be the first to stick it to us if we weren't operating too well so let them sook up the karma, especially the delusion that they are a stick on for promotion. Sorry...were a stick on😂

Edited by embow

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Grant can be seen applauding the fans for a few seconds in one of the videos posted earlier. Hard to tell from a distance but it looked very much the act of a man who knows that his jotters are being readied. 

Just out of curiosity, at what distance can you start to tell what's going through someone's head? 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

While obviously Petrie would presumably be the main target, who else is out there that you’d want and could realistically get (i.e. not Derek fucking McInnes)?

I accept the point that literally anybody would be an upgrade on Peter Grant. 

Jim McIntyre is probably fairly high on any potential list.