Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sorry lads this one is my fault as I put you on my coupon after your fight back on Wednesday as I thought it’d give you the confidence to get a few points. PG surely gone after this otherwise it’s just delaying the inevitable.  Can’t even understand how you’re so poor as there’s decent players in your squad most had you as the team to challenge Killie for top. No idea who you bring in to sort this out but it’s certainly not McInnes and the Plastic Whistle fan suggesting this may have been on the glue. Dick Campbell is an interesting one but might be comfy at Arbroath.  Anyway no piss taking intended so enjoy a few beers tonight there’s a long way to go this season. 

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Sorry lads this one is my fault as I put you on my coupon after your fight back on Wednesday as I thought it’d give you the confidence to get a few points.

You reckoned without 'Fifeskelper' Lee Connelly. 😉

Edited by Skyline Drifter

You would imagine he'd be gone after this ... losing to the likes of QOS is likely to be enough to trigger the ejector seat.

But from the outside looking in it doesn't have the look of a complete disaster yet. There's 75% of the season still to be played and there's some decent players in that squad, so the top 4 playoffs should still be possible with the right appointment.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

You would imagine he'd be gone after this ... losing to the likes of QOS is likely to be enough to trigger the ejector seat.

But from the outside looking in it doesn't have the look of a complete disaster yet. There's 75% of the season still to be played and there's some decent players in that squad, so the top 4 playoffs should still be possible with the right appointment.

2/10.

Petrie SHOULD be the number one priority, but no-one really knows what his status is in terms of wanting to go full-time. I suppose there is no harm in us asking the question, but I really can’t see us going for someone currently in a job.

It’ll be the usual suspects that are favourites. If I was to put a bet on it, I’d say Yogi Hughes will be our next manager, which is uninspiring but it seems the most likely.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Petrie SHOULD be the number one priority, but no-one really knows what his status is in terms of wanting to go full-time. I suppose there is no harm in us asking the question, but I really can’t see us going for someone currently in a job.

It’ll be the usual suspects that are favourites. If I was to put a bet on it, I’d say Yogi Hughes will be our next manager, which is uninspiring but it seems the most likely.

Yogi Hughes! Dear God no 😱 the only thing worse would be Gary Locke! More chance of a Grant turning it round than than Yogi.  

I hope for Petrie. 
Realistically it'll be one of McIntyre or Hughes. I'd prefer McIntyre but I know quite a few would like Hughes. 

I mean aye I would take McIntyre if he could have us playing like we were back in 2010 but he has had some questionable moments since Ross County. Upgrade on Grant but if that’s the bar we’re setting I’ll be quite disappointed.

In all honesty I really liked McIntyre as manager and he definitely had us playing the best football I’ve seen at EEP. He has probably learned valuable lessons since 2012 but I have serious doubts he can get us back to playing like that and keep us up.

For me this season is now all about surviving. I don’t care about promotion as long as we don’t do a Falkirk. It’s a total write-off already.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Completely agree. Davie Hay and Stephen Kenny at least won games. 

Kenny was terrible but got us to a cup final and put out Rangers, Hearts and Hibs. 

Grant would get us beat off Kilwinning Rangers, Kelty Hearts and some junior mob with Hibernian in their name. 

8 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Kenny was terrible but got us to a cup final and put out Rangers, Hearts and Hibs. 

Grant would get us beat off Kilwinning Rangers, Kelty Hearts and some junior mob with Hibernian in their name. 

Duntocher Hibs perhaps?👍 Pity they are defunct. Still you could maybe claim the points.😌

Theres always Thornton Hibs though.😉

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Post-match interview Grant sounds utterly crestfallen. A man that is fully aware the end is nigh.

Let’s be honest, this season is a write-off and the replacement’s job will be to keep us up.

The question to ask then is can the current team be tuned to perform acceptably or is the Winter window the only hope?