Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Honestly it's a crying shame it's came to that, I'm not sure with the process for getting a new chairman but McArthur can go, cheers for everything you've done but the amount of money he's cost the club with his managerial decisions is staggering. Grant should've been gone weeks back and we might have been able to salvage the season, now the new gaffer comes in without even the choice of the loan window. 

Should have been fired after Arbroath, no question about it. We've got a fight in our hands to stay in this league now. Utterly waste of a season whatever happens now. 

Crawford built a decent team, with the right appointment this season could have been a great time. Its turned into an absolute dungheap with many fans turning away with the absolute dug shite being served up.

Normally I'd be excited and looking forward to seeing us even the past couple of years. Now, I'm glad when I find something else to do.

I wanted him gone after Arbroath, but after the board defended Grants relegation at Alloa due to how tough COVID made working with a part time squad, I always thought they would give him longer. I don't agree with that, but at least it's consistent  with their own logic. If Alloa didn't sack him why would we.

Defence has improved since we dropped Mehmet and Graham and changed shape to  4-4-2..Grant brought those two players in. But there has been no other COVID issues that I'm aware of, Dow is back. there is no massive issue with injuries.  What excuses could the board or Grant have now since Arbroath now?

Sack now with time for the next league game to get a new manager in to work with the squad

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not quite as bad as Falkirk fans a couple of seasons ago, but close…especially the jostling with the stewards.

I’m not sure what the Board will do here, because PG has seemingly lost the fans and, perhaps, the team…but the likely cost of sacking him has to be considered. They probably believe it can’t stay this bad, but IDK. I suspect he is let go either 24 Oct or 27 Oct if he fails to get results.

No doubt grants record is atrocious. Surely some of your experienced players attitude should be questioned as well

seemingly you were able to offer far more for Dorrans than we could have, so I’d bet he is on a good wage and it’s not as though he can claim to be some inexperienced player just learning his trade.  Has he really been given his all and trying his hardest?

Just scunnered with it, even with Crawfords poor performances we at least competed and had some idea what he wanted and he's strong recruitment as well as all the sentimental stuff the football fans and clubs love.

Peter Grant is draining every last bit of good will so many folk have for the club. 

Time to bin him use the next few weeks to get applicants in, because this managerial appointment is crucial they are going to have a huge say on if we sink like a stone or not, they will also be involved in recruitment just as we set up our academy and training facilities as well as hold off a challenge from Kelty Hearts for fans of football in West Fife.

19 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Reminder - after the Raith game, he claimed that the fans going to games still back him emoji23.png

Must have missed him saying that.   Link?   He's so deluded I think he believes his own hype.

19 minutes ago, Stevo84 said:

What excuses could the board or Grant have now since Arbroath now?

I'm sure he'll pull a few out his arse.

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

No doubt grants record is atrocious. Surely some of your experienced players attitude should be questioned as well

seemingly you were able to offer far more for Dorrans than we could have, so I’d bet he is on a good wage and it’s not as though he can claim to be some inexperienced player just learning his trade.  Has he really been given his all and trying his hardest?

Dorrans didn't play today,  he put a shift in vs rovers, other times not so sure.  Regardless anything wrong with players motivation is entirely on the manager.

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Saying the fans were trying to attack grant seems a bit much to me, anyone who wanted to do that could have easily jumped the barrier.  Alot of anger tho,  including from some who are typically some of our calmer ones,

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Surely a club of Dunfermline 's size can attract a really good manager. Derek McInnes maybe?

I highly doubt the club could offer wages large enough from him to be interested.

Please dont change anything before we come to town.

Genuinely shocked at the state of your club at the moment as we thought you would have been our main challengers this season and the fans deserve so much better.

Our small county cousins showed what happens when you bite the bullet early and get the manager to fcuk.

Hope things change soon (ish).