Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Because he is waiting on Ross McArthur to slide in to his DM's

If John Robertson is looking to get in to a full-time gig again, then he would ideal (if we go for guys that are not in a post) If that is the case then I'd expect him, Brian Rice, Alex McLeish, Jim McIntyre, Ricky Sbragia, Stuart Kettlewell, Yogi Hughes, Gary Caldwell, and Ray McKinnon to be the favourites. Would take Robertson ahead of all of them by quite a considerable distance. 

Robbo is not looking for another managers job.  Certainly not at the moment anyway.
He's Sporting Director with ICT just now.  Apparently there are lot of different projects around the club that he's involved in.  He seems to be enjoying the role and not missing the pressures of management.

With some of the players that you have I think Yogi would be a good fit.  Therefore, for selfish reasons, I hope you stick with Grant!

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Peter Grant’s Championship record in 2021 (Alloa & Dunfermline)

Won 3

Drawn 9

Lost 11

Scored 23

Conceded 47

18 points from a possible 69. Win percentage of just over 13%.

Yea, but a not losing percentage of a bit over 52%…Grant must stay!

Our only away win (in the league) in the last 18 months was against Peter Grant’s Alloa - you know, that famous game, that convinced the board to hire Grant. Honestly forgot just how awful our away form was last season, due to the shambles of this season so far.

Another CB on loan from Dundee United. Is that the treble of duds from United, or will it be 3rd time lucky?

Not sure why we need 7 CBs, or why we’re upgrading a defence that has had back to back clean sheets, when we can’t score. Bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good signing if it weren't for the existing abundance of defenders. Watson and Vytas look absolutely fine in a back four so weird one.

Fourth CB Grant has signed for us. Both CBs that have played in the last 2 games (when we’ve kept clean sheets) were already here. I honestly don’t trust him to sign a defensive player (see Mehmet also).

That's an absolutely disgraceful signing considering how many defenders we already have. We apparently only have 1 fit striker as well. A loan striker should have been the play.

Breen, Jones, Watson, Gaspuitis, Graham, not to mention Martin if he ever comes back, all are central defenders. He also played Comrie in the middle too.

Why have the board sanctioned this? They need to answer some very, very serious questions here. We'll add this latest nonsense to a very rapidly expanding list of questions they have to answer around Grant. They've fucking lost it. Someone must be having a laugh or actively trying to sabotage things. 

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Far more worrying than signing yet *another* defender is that the club are allowing Grant to make additions to the squad.

Unlikely they’d do that if they were, say, going to sack him in a few days/weeks.

I wouldn't read too much into that - Connolly is your classic "safe pair of hands" defender that any new manager at this level would be happy to inherit anyway.

That's an absolutely disgraceful signing considering how many defenders we already have. We apparently only have 1 fit striker as well. A loan striker should have been the play.
Breen, Jones, Watson, Gaspuitis, Graham, not to mention Martin if he ever comes back, all are central defenders. He also played Comrie in the middle too.
Why have the board sanctioned this? They need to answer some very, very serious questions here. We'll add this latest nonsense to a very rapidly expanding list of questions they have to answer around Grant. They've fucking lost it. Someone must be having a laugh or actively trying to sabotage things. 

Martins short term contract expired and was released, club couldn’t be arsed announcing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought. The other 3 CBs - has he signed them all based on their ability to play in a back 3 and maybe he doesn’t trust them enough/think they’re capable of playing in a standard back 4?

Regardless, the fact that none of the 3 he’s signed so far to play at CB can get a game, why are we allowing him to sign another one?

We finished the game on Saturday with 1 fit striker, 2 fit wingers and having failed to score in 4 of our 6 league games. Meanwhile, we have at least 1 CB confirmed as fully fit, but not even making the 18 man squad. Surely an attacking player is (quite obviously) more of a requirement?

I count 8 genuine central defenders for us, 4 of which were signed by Peter Grant. Mark Connolly, Paul Watson, Lewis Martin, Ross Graham, Rhys Breen, Vytas Gaspuitis, Leon Jones and Paul Watson all guys who can play centre half. Aaron Comrie has also been in there this season but he's a full back.

Lewis Martin is obviously a long term injury and in Grants interview today he confirmed Lewis McCann and Iain Wilson are on there way back but no mention for Martin. He didn't play a single minute last season either so unlikely we'll see him anytime soon but that still leaves us with 7 CB's, Rhys Breen also hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and Leon Jones has only played 70 mins.

Hope we just stick them all on and go for 0-0's for the rest of the season.