Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Who said that? If it was Grant then its lies. 

Wighton was clearly struggling and looked off it, then taking Todarov - who also looked liked he was toiling- off to leave only O'Hara up front would be a strange one even for that clown. Kennedy also looked done despite the boos from the crowds. All three looked like enforced changes changes me.

3 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Who said that? If it was Grant then its lies. 

Quote from post-match:

Then as I say in the period of the game where you want to take the game and have a go again, bring on players at 0-0 to try and win it, you have to take two strikers off because of injury.

Wighton was clearly struggling and looked off it, then taking Todarov - who also looked liked he was toiling- off to leave only O'Hara up front would be a strange one even for that clown. Kennedy also looked done despite the boos from the crowds. All three looked like enforced changes changes me.

Yeah, think Wighton injured himself early 2nd half - went into the advertising boards after a challenge and never looked comfortable after that. Todorov seemed to be carrying some sort of knock and seemed even less mobile than usual. Certainly seemed to be struggling/hobbling about a bit.

Alan Johnston got sacked for much less btw. Not defending him at all, but shows what a dire situation we are in compared to then.

I reckon the board gave him an ultimatum after the Arbroath game to get a certain amount of points by the international break, where the situation will be assessed again. Raith will body us on Wednesday night and I really doubt we can get more than a point at Palmerston, so they ought to do the right thing and punt the charlatan ASAP. Even though the game is only a few days away, give it to Shields ffs. At least he will be able to fire them up for a derby match.

This feels like a nightmare but you can’t wake up.

Alan Johnston got sacked for much less btw. Not defending him at all, but shows what a dire situation we are in compared to then.

I reckon the board gave him an ultimatum after the Arbroath game to get a certain amount of points by the international break, where the situation will be assessed again. Raith will body us on Wednesday night and I really doubt we can get more than a point at Palmerston, so they ought to do the right thing and punt the charlatan ASAP. Even though the game is only a few days away, give it to Shields ffs. At least he will be able to fire them up for a derby match.

This feels like a nightmare but you can’t wake up.

Agree that Johnston got sacked for less. Johnston had us competing for top 4, but a very poor run of form/performances saw us slip down the table to 7th. He was actually sacked after a 4 game unbeaten run (3 draws and a 4-2 win away to Falkirk). That’s a run of form that would be seen as a big improvement for Grant.

We got 11 points from the first quarter that season. I mean, it’s technically still possible to do better than that this season. But at the same time, it’s absolutely not going to happen. We got 9 points from the 2nd quarter and he was sacked after 4 points from 2 games in the 3rd quarter. I also think man for man, we had a poorer squad that season and there were better teams in the league - there’s no Dundee United or Ross County this season!

That performance wasn’t good enough, when the aim was top 4. Why are we accepting poorer results/performances, when the stated aim was to win the league? It doesn’t add up.

Special mention to Pybus yesterday who I thought was our man of the match, he was a completely different player to how he had been described. If he can keep up that level of performance he will be a valuable asset going forward.

Grant should be punted. He should never have been hired in the first place, should have been fired weeks ago when it was clear he was out of his depth and should be gone today after a fourth league game at home without a goal. It’s not good enough.

I was pleased that we continued to defend much better yesterday. Hopefully that farcical defending from the opening games is behind us now.

The problem now is scoring goals. We certainly have the players to to create and score them but it was really poor in the attacking sense yesterday. Dow, Kennedy, Todorov and Wighton just has no understanding between them. The amount of times we got into good positions in the final 3rd having got behind the Hamilton defence and just made the wrong choices time and time again. 

Think I have to recognise good performances from a couple players I regularly bitch about. Pybus had a very good game. Made tackles and drove us forward several times. I really didn't think he had that in him. OFW made some excellent saves too.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Having Shields in charge for a few weeks whilst we assess interview potential candidates would be absolutely fine no matter what happens. No pressure, no expectation and I'm certain he'd fire up the boys enough from the confidence buffet.

He’d give them big plates of dour. Never spoken to the guy but been around him a few times in random situations akd he never really struck me as Mr Personality. 

1 above average performance in 7 games is not good enough for a central midfielder, re Pybus. Plus you need to allow for the fact that Hamilton were one of the worse starting 11’s I've seen us play this season. Still rooted to the bottom with 0 goals scored at home. I feel the expectations get lower and lower every week. Peter Grant continues to pull the wool over the boards eyes with his constant bullshit every week. 

1 above average performance in 7 games is not good enough for a central midfielder, re Pybus. Plus you need to allow for the fact that Hamilton were one of the worse starting 11’s I've seen us play this season. Still rooted to the bottom with 0 goals scored at home. I feel the expectations get lower and lower every week. Peter Grant continues to pull the wool over the boards eyes with his constant bullshit every week. 

I’m aware Pybus hasn’t been great before the Hamilton game, however there was encourage yesterday in his overall performance. If he can keep that level up for the season then he will be a very good player, if he doesn’t then he will just be remembered as another disappointing signing and we will move on.

20 hours ago, Parmesan said:

Mibby been said but a dinny think oor new owners appreciate we're desp for

achievement efter years in the doldrums. They may be here for the long haul but we've been

haulin' for years; for them the haul's barely started - they may not feel the same sense of urgency.

Maybe they're willing, for as long as it seems doable, tae settle for mere champs survival

rather than pay off PG.

I don't mean to state the obvious, but pretty much every set of fans in the country are "desp for

achievement efter years in the doldrums".  I could probably exclude St Johnstone followers here.

Did anyone else see the absolute mentalist on the Pars FB community, asking if we were top of the league would people be saying the same things about Peter Grant? 

Are there genuinely people that fucking stupid out there? 

Edited by Stellaboz

14 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think the last two weeks would be a lot more palatable if we hadn’t started the season like burning garbage fire.

A couple of clean sheets might stem the bleeding but it’s simply not good enough to have 3 points from 6 games. I’d be upset with that if we were in the top flight, never mind the Championship.

Worrying to hear Wighton and Todorov both came off due to injury.

To me, it looked more as if the pair of them started with injuries.  😬

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm more convinced each passing week that he spends time with different aliases trying to muster up some support for himself. 

When you’re bottom of the league and 16 points adrift after 6 games it’s time to start really getting behind the manager. 

Did anyone else see the absolute mentalist on the Pars FB community, asking if we were top of the league would people be saying the same things about Peter Grant? 

Are there genuinely people that fucking stupid out there? 

Yes. There are plenty of them in our support.

There are zero positives around the Pars just now. The football is fucking woeful and we are bottom of the league. This can’t keep up. We are already out the title race and could potentially be 10 points from the promotion play-offs after Wednesday, so we’re pretty much fucked for that already too. It’s a shambles what’s been allowed to happen. I am really starting to worry about a relegation battle if something isn’t done about this relatively soon.