Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, smpar said:

The players are clearly fucking furious at what they’re being asked to do, to the point they’re not even subtle in saying the manager is a fucking idiot.

I do find it quite remarkable that Watson and Comrie have so openly slammed the manager. His man management is clearly absolutely shite.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Afolabi was the last Dunfermline player to score a league goal, in front of fans, at East End. In fact, he’s scored the last 2.

We haven’t won a league game (home or away) in front fans since 29th February 2020. No wonder I’m so fed up.

Was the last game we won in front of fans Dundee United game? 

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, that was our last league win in front of fans. I was so full of hope after that game.

That was a decent performance, the first time we really outplayed Utd for a long time at home and even more impressive as I think Nisbet was missing.

That was a decent performance, the first time we really outplayed Utd for a long time at home and even more impressive as I think Nisbet was missing.

Nisbet scored the first goal. That was the game he hobbled off injured - his last appearance for us. We played really well that day and were well worthy of the 2-0 win. Dom Thomas was particularly impressive, from what I can remember.

Just listened to Aaron Comrie on the youtube interview being asked about playing various defensive positions and if it makes a difference. He states that it does make a difference and an orthodox right back position is were he plays best. He clearly showed that on Saturday.

I then read Peter Grant's interview and he starts quoting an unheard of Brian Clough quote about it being ''players not shapes that win games''.  Why can this clown not see that playing players in their correct positions make a difference. 4-4-2 saved his job on Saturday. It's a shape that suits the players he's got, but it still seems to stick in his throat that three at the back doesn't work with the players he has bought. 

Honestly don't think he will ever learn a lesson. He will be out on his arse in the next month IMO

He’ll get until the international break purely for the convenience of it, which makes no sense at all, but it is absolutely what they will do.

Stats and table speaks more than any disgruntled fan. He isn’t going to walk away, that’s certain from his interviews. The board either grow a set and admit their mistake or watch us get detached at the foot of the table even further. No way are we getting 4 points from the next 6 games, which is what you’d reckon he needs to keep him another few games in the job. He really is just farting against thunder now, and the board really should be acting ASAP. They will still be willing to ride this out until the internationals because they are shitebags. Shambles, and not one iota surprised by it, nor is anyone that has an interest in Dunfermline or Scottish Championship football.

Mibby been said but a dinny think oor new owners appreciate we're desp for

achievement efter years in the doldrums. They may be here for the long haul but we've been

haulin' for years; for them the haul's barely started - they may not feel the same sense of urgency.

Maybe they're willing, for as long as it seems doable, tae settle for mere champs survival

rather than pay off PG.

Edited by Parmesan

Really feel needed to get at least 4 points from the home games..back to back away games and killie at east end doesn't fill me with confidence.

Our last away league win was first away game of last season v Peter grants Alloa, a game which influenced our decision makers in appointing him. Will never wrap my head around that. He was the only manager to lose at home to the pars in the league in since the pandemic began.

You can’t aim for the title and be put of that and the play-offs after the first quarter. The buck stops with the manager. This is starting to look like a relegation battle. The board need to seriously wise up or we could end up doing a Falkirk, except we actually have a team more than capable of achieving at least a 4th place finish.

48 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You can’t aim for the title and be put of that and the play-offs after the first quarter. The buck stops with the manager. This is starting to look like a relegation battle. The board need to seriously wise up or we could end up doing a Falkirk, except we actually have a team more than capable of achieving at least a 4th place finish.

I think oor owners would take significant action if 'doing a Falkirk' was looking possible. We're no there yet. I just don't think they have a solution right now for how to make us top four contenders. I'm sure they feel there's time tae try and find an answer. I don't think they'd gi'e PG the push unless they were very confident in a replacement. 

I thought the defence looked pretty good today. OFW, Gaspuitis, Dorrans & Pybus we’re all decent and Edwards had a really good game. Dorrans was really composer and got stuck in when he had to, he’ll come good, just needs more legs behind him sitting deeper so that he had a bit more freedom.

After the ICT draw last weekend I figured PG had secured more time but I think a win today was vital for him. If you’d asked me last week I’d id accept 4 points from the Accies and Raith games then I’d have taken it. I did think we’d win today and possibly take a draw next week but I see enough today to suggest a good team with good attacking players will finish us off, Accies weren’t great today but they had some really close chances. Won’t be going to Starks and a defeat there surely has to put end to this experiment. 

4 hours ago, Parmesan said:

Mibby been said but a dinny think oor new owners appreciate we're desp for

achievement efter years in the doldrums. They may be here for the long haul but we've been

haulin' for years; for them the haul's barely started - they may not feel the same sense of urgency.

Maybe they're willing, for as long as it seems doable, tae settle for mere champs survival

rather than pay off PG.

Is there anything to the coincidence that the current two most underachieving teams in Scottish football both have had outside investment in the last couple of years. In both cases the external investors took control and indicated they wanted to built the teams into a pipeline for players and to rise through the leagues.

I think the last two weeks would be a lot more palatable if we hadn’t started the season like burning garbage fire.

A couple of clean sheets might stem the bleeding but it’s simply not good enough to have 3 points from 6 games. I’d be upset with that if we were in the top flight, never mind the Championship.

Worrying to hear Wighton and Todorov both came off due to injury.