Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Grant mentioned pre-season that there would be no need to make signings when there is youth players available that are good enough, so surely Allan deserves a chance? Even in a midfield of him, Dorrans, and Cole? Playing a 4-5-1 looks to suit us better with Wighton as an out-and-out striker. 

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I must stress, I’m not a fan of any of our central midfield options but can’t bring myself to include Pybus in my best XI.

Yeah, I know Dorrans is not very popular but I feel he could do a lot better with the right player beside him.  When I look at my best XI it is always the guy next to Dorrans in central midfield and the goalkeeper that have me struggling to make the team  look anything other than flawed.

Wilson might be the answer in midfield but we definitely need to sign another combative midfielder to give some depth and keeper will certainly be needed.

I think everyone can see that I look the most comfortable in that right back slot but anywhere the manager tells me to play I will play and try and do it to the best of my ability.

Aaron Comrie with a not so thinly veiled criticism of Grant.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but I kinda see what he means. We defended better against Inverness and we created two great chances but our general play wasn't great. Down at Ayr we defended abysmally but some of our passing was pretty decent. I'm not saying I agree with him per say but I do kinda get it.

55 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Peter Grant thinks we played better against Ayr than we did against Inverness.

I’ll add no further commentary as I think that statement speaks for itself.

Is that in his latest installment of the Grant chronicles? I must admit I have to wait until I'm asked to do something about the house before I become busy reading or listening to his pish.

Not long out the first Supporters Council planning meet arranging a meeting post Covid, I think the first will be a fairly standard affair and timed so that at least one of the new investors will be there to meet the fan base.

But as always we are keen to deliver something that is useful for the fans so keen to hear any ideas either here of in DMs or if you fancy getting involved in what is not an arduous commitment.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He’s not the first, Watson had a go and OFW seemed frustrated but wasn’t as direct as them, probably due to being a coach himself.

I think the defensive minded players are very frustrated about what they are being asked to do.(graham doesn’t count as he doesn’t know anything about defending)

As for thinking we were better vs ayr, sheer insanity,  I’m not interested in how many passes we put together,  being solid defensively is way more important.   If he can’t see how much better we are when we are trying to achieve that instead of having 3 guys miles apart is incredible.   Indeed he even mentions how hard it is to defend like that,   Then why the f**k did he set us up like that!?

The fact he was happier with a losing performance than a draw and clean sheet against the league leaders highlights the man is totally misguided. 

Just following on from how “well” Alloa played last season as they were flushed down to the seaside leagues without touching the sides.

Update on Rhys Breen from courier. Had his initial isolation after coming from America, then done his hamstring, then got covid and then a family member got covid so was nearly a month in isolation. Should be back in October.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2599421/rhys-breen-dunfermline-rangers-peter-grant/

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The fact he was happier with a losing performance than a draw and clean sheet against the league leaders highlights the man is totally misguided. 

Just following on from how “well” Alloa played last season as they were flushed down to the seaside leagues without touching the sides.

Alloa were a strange side under Grant.  If they scored first they were usually alright.  When they lost the first goal it was curtains, all players heads went down and it was cigars out time for the other team.  I think their problem, much like you this season, is heads dropping after you go 1-0 down.  Players not fighting to try to equalise. That's a major problem and that's on Grant.

I think everyone can see that I look the most comfortable in that right back slot but anywhere the manager tells me to play I will play and try and do it to the best of my ability.

The players are clearly fucking furious at what they’re being asked to do, to the point they’re not even subtle in saying the manager is a fucking idiot.