Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

On paper, Pybus and Dorrans should be a good pairing. Pybus is a bit of a headless buzz bomb that'd do the running Dorrans doesn't and allows Dorrans to be that bit more composed and spray it about, no?

On paper or in reality Pybus paired with anyone won't be a good pairing. True he buzzes about a lot but he won't win many tackles,  basically because he doesn't try to, or can't, so Dorrans wouldn't have the luxury of being able to feed off him and spray passes about. Pybus probably does try to harry opponents into mistakes  by closing them down fast but he's not a great tackler imo. Wilson coming back in place of Pybus would be a great boost for Dunfermline, plus keeping Thomas out wide and away from the middle where I imagine he's pretty wasted. 

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Pybus still looks far too lightweight for my liking. Not sure the point of a midfielder who doesn’t get stuck in or provide any real attacking threat.

Too lightweight and never seems to win a tackle, EVER. Not his fault he's playing centre mid but he's just not good enough

Pybus can do a lot of running about, but really lacks that dig we need to "compliment" Dorrans. A midfield trio of Wilson, Pybus and Dorrans could be decent enough with Thomas/Dow and Kennedy on each wing, but I really think we need a proper central midfielder and a proper goalkeeper quite urgently tbh.

On 19/09/2021 at 16:29, DA Baracus said:

apparently even lower than last season; you know, the season when fans knew they wouldn't get to attend a single game)

Where have you read/ been told this?

From a budget point of view the number of tickets can fall but income can increase especially as the demographics of the football clubs season ticket holders is likely to have a large crossover with those most vulnerable from Covid-19.

Looking at that guess the season ticket sales competition on DAFC.walloper,  the final figure at the end of July was 2025.

That's around 600 down from the season before I think.

To think we had around 3500(free kids season tickets then) 3 years ago, that's dropping at a fair rate. Our mid-table mediocrity for the last 5 years has been damaging.  Dred to this what the current shit show is doing.

Not a chance in hell that crowd was anywhere near 3000.
As has been pointed out elsewhere, anything less than 3 points on Saturday SHOULD see grant out the door and away to the diddy leagues to manage a club like Forfar or Stirling, that’s his level IMO. I’ve no doubt atall that he’s getting the rovers game aswell though, which could be embarrassing if Saturday doesn’t go our way. While we still lacked quality on Saturday, they atleast showed fight and determination for the full 90 mins.. that’s half the battle at this level. That’s why there was no walk out, or no abuse towards the players. They might still be shite but they atleast tried and fought for it on Saturday.

He'll get both games. Daft to sack him the Monday, if the board are going to do that, with a game on the Wednesday. He 100% has to win it or at least draw and beat Raith. Any less than 4 points between now and October isn't good enough. But I fear if we beat Hamilton and put in an alright fight against Raith, but ultimately lose, then they'll be too feart to punt him and see it as "progress"

The only way the wolves will be away from PG's door is if the team can build on last weekends draw and put together a run of results. If we go on an unbeaten run for a few games then he might have a bit of a cushion to lean on but at the moment it's game by game for me. I will be there backing the boys on Saturday, win that and even take something from the Raith game then I'd imagine things will look a bit more positive.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

The only way the wolves will be away from PG's door is if the team can build on last weekends draw and put together a run of results. If we go on an unbeaten run for a few games then he might have a bit of a cushion to lean on but at the moment it's game by game for me. I will be there backing the boys on Saturday, win that and even take something from the Raith game then I'd imagine things will look a bit more positive.

I agree, he really needs a run or 3/4 wins to get some time in the job if he doesn't then he ought to be punted.

I have an awful feeling we'll draw another two or three games and he'll be kept on and on until we find ourselves utterly rooted at the bottom end. 

The board cannot be that blind to the reality of the situation, surely? We are already miles off of top 4 and need to go on a good run of results to claw our way back. Shit-festing another couple of draws before October will see us even further from top 4, not closer. We need to start winning constantly, starting on Saturday. You can’t go in to a season with the projection of challenging for 1st place and then be fucked in the relegation zone after the first quarter, which is exactly where I expect us to be when we have completed the first round of fixtures.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Best XI right now IMO:

OFW

Comrie

Gaz

Watson

Edwards

Thomas

Dorrans

Cole

Kennedy

Wighton

Todorov

Dorrans and Cole in the middle would be like having a big empty space in the middle of the pitch for any opposition players to just walk straight past. As bad as Pybus is and as limited a footballer he is, he does at least fill a space there and mean that teams can't just waltz on through into our final third. We really shouldn't have to rely on him but that's the nature of the shite squad Grant has assembled.

Aye the boy Cole has a creative eye in him, he's not a bad player but he's not your hard hitting central midfielder that will be flying into tackles, not from what I've seen anyway. I only seen the highlights from Saturday but his pass through for Wighton at the death was really good and almost won us the game. I think he will come good. I really can't wait to have Iain Wilson back fit, that will be like a new signing.

Grants latest article on official site bumming up loan players. Why is he not talking about the young lads like Paul Allan who should be getting a chance or no talk about Rhys breen who’s not had a sniff yet