Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It was an exciting enough game with a couple of good chances at both end but the quality of football on show was shite. Shows you how poor a league it is that Inverness are top I suppose. 

We've won 5 out of 6 without getting out of first gear. It's been a breeze so far.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We've won 5 out of 6 without getting out of first gear. It's been a breeze so far.

Certainly didn’t look up to much today.

It’s been a terrible standard for a long time tbf. We won once away from home last season and ended up in the play-offs.

He’s bought himself the rest of the month in the hot seat, but it is hardly Earth-shattering stuff. We’re still absolutely miles off of it. We can’t keep shitfesting draws forever. We need to beat Hamilton and at least draw v Raith. I think the board will have told him he needs to get 4 points at least or he is out.

Is that a different board to the one that some were saying had told him it was win or bust today?

How did the walk-out go?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It was an exciting enough game with a couple of good chances at both end but the quality of football on show was shite. Shows you how poor a league it is that Inverness are top I suppose. 

Yes - I thought it was as good a 0-0 as I have seen for some time.  The Pars' back 4 looked (mostly) solid, Dorrance came onto a game (after a poor first-half) and Kennedy always looked like he may create something.

Todorov and Wighton each missed good opportunities - but I suppose if they were quality enough to put those types of chances away every time, they would both probably still be at Tynecastle. 

A definite improvement on the Somerset Shit-Fest.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I don’t think there was ever any doubt that Peter was the man for the job. Just taken the fans and players a bit of time to adjust to having a guy operating on that level after years of mediocre people. 

Agreed! A magnificent result for Peter Grant and his boys taking points from a team that has swept all before them in the League so far this season! Dunfermline will end up above Queens no problem this season, they're too big a Club for a bad run to continue.

7 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Agreed! A magnificent result for Peter Grant and his boys taking points from a team that has swept all before them in the League so far this season! Dunfermline will end up above Queens no problem this season, they're too big a Club for a bad run to continue.

I can see you’ve had a big plate of confidence for brunch and that’s great to see. 

Jury is obviously still out on Grant. I still have serious doubts that he is the man to take us forward. However, yesterday was a big improvement - thats more to do with how poor it’s been to date though.

Bringing in Gaspuitis was a good move. Thought he was excellent in defence. Switching to a back 4 and playing players in their natural positions helped us to look more structured/organised. Communication seemed to be a lot better across the defence.

Dorrans had his best performance for us. Also thought the subs made improved us. Wighton is our best striker and should be playing ahead of O’Hara. Thomas looked lively, although his final ball was poor. Really enjoyed watching wee Kai Kennedy. He’s a very entertaining player.

Obviously still concerns - not scoring goals is an obvious one. We should have scored with Todorov’s header from Wighton’s cross and I think Wighton should have done better at the end. Other than those chances, we got into good areas, but didn’t create much.

Biggest positive came after the game, with Grant’s interview revealing Graham is fully fit and just wasn’t included in the squad. He’s finally seen/addressed our biggest defensive issue.

He has definitely bought himself a bit of time. But we still need to do better and get wins on the board. If we revert back to the norm next weekend, it’s just not acceptable and people will be calling for his head again. We need to get out of this slump and start climbing the table as soon as possible. If we don’t do that very soon, the manager is not doing his job to an acceptable standard. Simple as that.