Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I was actually beginning to get excited about tomorrow.  The thought that one more humping and it’s over is quite delightful.

the q&a has killed that, it looks likely he might stay despite that.  

One interesting point is meggle talks about being tight and compact as well as how success in football is build on defending.   Something grant clearly doesn’t believe.

Despite all the other issues, we’d have a far better chance in games by pulling the wide ‘Center’ backs in and the wingbacks further back.   It’s so ridiculously basic the fact our manager refuses to do so is incredible.

I was actually beginning to get excited about tomorrow.  The thought that one more humping and it’s over is quite delightful.
One interesting point is meggle talks about being tight and compact as well as how success in football is build on defending.   Something grant clearly doesn’t believe.
Despite all the other issues, we’d have a far better chance in games by pulling the wide ‘Center’ backs in and the wingbacks further back.   It’s so ridiculously basic the fact our manager refuses to do so is incredible.

I didnt take that from his Q&A tbh, I think you're maybe looking for something that's not there.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I didnt take that from his Q&A tbh, I think you're maybe looking for something that's not there.

Hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Must say,never heard of paid attendance

Started in the U.S. in the 1980’s because of some weird TV coverage rules. For instance, in order to televise an NFL match in its home market, the game had to be a sellout. So you had local businesses buying up blocks of tickets to allow the blackout to be lifted, because it was a sellout, in paper, via “paid attendance”. I’ve seen the term used on occasion since in various forms and version to pump up attendance numbers and such.

For all practical purposes it would be counting all ST holders, attending or not, plus all PATG tickets sold, attending or not, plus all promotional tickets distributed, attending or not. You can see how that would significantly increase announced attendance, and thus why it would appeal to some commercial managers and such.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He’s seemingly reluctant to be here full time, but I think there’s a chance he thinks f**k these idiots, I’ll do it properly.  Unlikey to be long term tho.

If he had any part in appointing Grant then every chance he’s one of “these idiots” tbh.

I assume it’s all a lot of p*sh but…

An old work colleague messaged me this evening to ask if I’d heard anything about the Pars being in financial difficulties. He’s a Jambo and had been at a foundation of hearts meeting last night where one of the finance advisers speaking at the event had mentioned alot of Scottish clubs were struggling financially, including us.

I told him we were probably as sound financially as we’d been in the last 15 years. Explained the German investment, imminent training ground/academy announcement etc.

I’m sure with a year of closed doors a lot of Scottish clubs are a little poorer than they were, but I don’t think we’d be in any real difficulty. 

I think the financial prudence of our incumbent board was mentioned by the "German" group as a reason for picking us, though the board did say they felt the fan ownership model couldn't take us the next steps. 

If the expert had any real knowledge of our financial status then I'd suggest he's broken client and commercial confidentiality; not a very professional habit.... 

42 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I assume it’s all a lot of p*sh but…

An old work colleague messaged me this evening to ask if I’d heard anything about the Pars being in financial difficulties. He’s a Jambo and had been at a foundation of hearts meeting last night where one of the finance advisers speaking at the event had mentioned alot of Scottish clubs were struggling financially, including us.

I told him we were probably as sound financially as we’d been in the last 15 years. Explained the German investment, imminent training ground/academy announcement etc.

I’m sure with a year of closed doors a lot of Scottish clubs are a little poorer than they were, but I don’t think we’d be in any real difficulty. 

Watching that appallingly bad BBC documentary on Hearts last year, the Foundation of Hearts guys looked like some sort of bowling club or golf club committee.

They're talking the talk, but would be absolutely goosed were it not for James Anderson being a benefactor.

I'd imagine it's a bit of wishful thinking on their part, hoping that clubs who voted to call the league in 2020, resulting in their deserved relegation, are in some sort of financial difficulty.

He’s bought himself the rest of the month in the hot seat, but it is hardly Earth-shattering stuff. We’re still absolutely miles off of it. We can’t keep shitfesting draws forever. We need to beat Hamilton and at least draw v Raith. I think the board will have told him he needs to get 4 points at least or he is out.