Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye, we stopped that last season I’m sure.

Just seen Meggle’s Q&A. Lot of shite. Aye, the players have made mistakes, however Grant insists on starting the same players every game and playing them out of position to suit his football fantasy formation. He’s either too stubborn or he’s learnt nada from the tankings we’ve received this season, probably a concoction of both. The blind leading the blind.

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

Then use it as propaganda to show how well supported they are by the local region to gain positive press. I think we all know who I'm talking about.

52 minutes ago, JFPar said:

The final paragraph talks about the role of the fans. Thomas Meggle wants us to back the team even when they lose, I fully understand that is the best thing to do, you see it all over Europe with teams losing and still going over to their supporters before getting clapped off. It creates a really good connection between fans and the club. If we were turning in decent performances with a bit of fight, getting a few wins I’d take a defeat better.

Fanbases in Europe tear the shirts off the back of players and ransack the training ground on a fairly regular basis whenever the team is doing shite. The idea that they 'back the team when they're losing' - or that Scottish football supporters are any more critical than elsewhere - is utter nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didnt find that at all reassuring tbh. 

The bit were he's still talking about how we want to play. As if we have to have an identity like the Barca team of 10 years ago. 

Think he needs to realise how wee a club we are and the level of player we can attract. It seems to be all philosophies and ideas above our capability. Exactly what's got us into this mess. We need to get real and work at the basics of being a good Scottish Championship side before all these big ideas.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Having watched Championship football the majority of my time supporting this rabble, let me be clear: you do not need a "style of play" to do well in this league.

That's why I'm glad we have Wright. His style of play has always been "defend well and try to score goals" rather than making any grand claims about trying to do anything else fancier than that.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Christ I hope that's not a drinking game. Instant liver failure.

I would play, but I don't want to put pressure on an already struggling NHS by hospitalising myself within 5 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Having watched Championship football the majority of my time supporting this rabble, let me be clear: you do not need a "style of play" to do well in this league.

The season we won it, we played attractive football, and although Raith never won it, they pushed us all the way playing a basic 4-4-2 with the wee man/big man combo up top and a pool of solid professionals at this level. No flair, but it was effective. You absolutely can do well in this league without "playing football the right way"

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

You’ll see clubs in various sports talk about “paid attendance” in an effort to play that game, which is why it’s always important to read exactly what they said.

4 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is nothing too concerning in that Meggle Q&A, doubt he could really say anything else. 

He is hardly going to throw the manager or named players under the bus in public like Peter Grant did with Dom Thomas. 

What happened with Dom Thomas?

What happened with Dom Thomas?

Rumours of a falling out between him and Peter Grant. He hasn’t started the last few games and the other day Grant, trying to defuse the situation, says that Thomas doesn’t work hard enough and that’s why he’s been dropped. Rumours that Thomas handed in a request to leave the club immediately and he didn’t come on at all at the weekend against Ayr.

Grant has literally singled out about 4 or 5 players already this season without taking any accountability himself.

Just now, smpar said:

Rumours of a falling out between him and Peter Grant. He hasn’t started the last few games and the other day Grant, trying to defuse the situation, says that Thomas doesn’t work hard enough and that’s why he’s been dropped. Rumours that Thomas handed in a request to leave the club immediately and he didn’t come on at all at the weekend against Ayr.

Grant has literally singled out about 4 or 5 players already this season without taking any accountability himself.

Tbf Thomas has had this following him around at Killie and Well. Bit of a character and really good on his day unfortunately that isn’t consistent.