Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1574 in February 2015 against Brechin. We lost, obviously, 1-0.

That was a Tuesday night right enough, and by far the worst we got. Lowest after that was 1951 against Stranraer on 11 April 2015.
Fais scored a beautiful solo goal. Miss him so much.

1574 in February 2015 against Brechin. We lost, obviously, 1-0.

That was a Tuesday night right enough, and by far the worst we got. Lowest after that was 1951 against Stranraer on 11 April 2015.

Ah, thank you. I did have it in the back of my mind that there was a couple of games where the attendance really was pathetically low! We’ll be getting crowds like that shortly the way we are going.

8 hours ago, JessieField said:

You've got to admire the loyalty of the Dunfermline Board towards their manager, they know that he will turn things around before long. I remember when Man Utd fans were baying for Alex Ferguson's blood and look what happened to them!

Sir Alex Ferguson had won a European Cup with Aberdeen by that point in his managerial career. Enough of the p*sh SAF comparisons. 

I am planning to protest by not going to the game. As a season ticket holder I think having those who have already paid their money not show up on match day is the most effective protest.

A crowd of 1k will say more than walking out before the board even take their seats and I won't be able to stick to the fan code of conduct by not swearing 🙄

It sucks not supporting the players (or the ones that at least deserve it) but doing nothing as fans is simply echoing what the board are doing!

14 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I am planning to protest by not going to the game. As a season ticket holder I think having those who have already paid their money not show up on match day is the most effective protest.

They won't care, you will be counted as in attendance as the seat is already bought and paid for. 

3 hours ago, Heaton said:

If the majority of ST holders didn’t show up then this would be effective but otherwise they have your money and you’ll be included in the “official” crowd.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If the majority of ST holders didn’t show up then this would be effective but otherwise they have your money and you’ll be included in the “official” crowd.

Sounds like I need to go and raise my blood pressure then. Im off to find a old bed sheet.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

They won't care, you will be counted as in attendance as the seat is already bought and paid for. 

They already have your money as a season ticket holder. It is more about making a statement in front of the board so they can see in full view the fans' disappointment after years and years of poor decision making. 

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Think I'll watch Downton Abbey tomorrow afternoon.

Fantastically underrated TV series enjoy!

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

New Q&A with Meggle has been posted by the club. Basically, he’s blaming the players as well.

He talks a lot about individual errors no one has made more costly individual errors than Graham and yet the manager picks him. 

I'm giving it a miss mainly due to not wasting another afternoon watching the rage inducing mess of a team, but it will also be breeding ground for the smarmy self righteous arseholes that shake their head anytime somebody get animated.

They will be out in force tomorrow. They spend more time rubber necking to see who offended them by raising their voice than watching the game. 

The final paragraph talks about the role of the fans. Thomas Meggle wants us to back the team even when they lose, I fully understand that is the best thing to do, you see it all over Europe with teams losing and still going over to their supporters before getting clapped off. It creates a really good connection between fans and the club. If we were turning in decent performances with a bit of fight, getting a few wins I’d take a defeat better.

The difference here is we’ve been absolutely sh*te since season 2017/18. This team are walking on thin ice mainly caused by bad decisions at the club and the absolute crap served up across the last 3/4 years. A small run of bad form and we’re screaming for change and it’s completely justified on this occasion. The poorest team in years yet we’ve actually a good core of players.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

Aye it’s very annoying. I remember being at a supporters council meeting and it was discussed by Ross McCarthur. From what I recall he said other teams do it so why don’t we? It’s stupid. If the fans don’t turn up tomorrow then the real attendance should be there for all to see. At least the board will see the real number. 

The old Covid excuse getting rolled out by Meggle.

How does that explain the Partick debacle, the 3 up front at Ibrox. The pish defending at Morton and even the cup games. How did the defence get in such a state in the first place? It's made up of similar players and it was fairly tight last season. He then had two weeks after the covid outbreak before the Ayr shambles on Saturday, where the defending was probably even worse than previous games.

There's not a jot of improvement in the team. Get him out and stop making excuses for him.

The clubs not gonna put out meggels proper thoughts on the team this season let’s be honest. 

we’ve been shite all over the pitch for the players that we have in the squad and was the same last year too. 

I can’t understand why grant is still in a job. I have a season ticket but can’t go tomorrow but I think it could be a horrible atmosphere at the club and rightly so as this isn’t just now it’s been happening the past few years. There is nothing positive coming out the club just now nothing the fans can grab onto that the worrying part.