Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Utd fan in peace here. The coaches here think a lot of Ross Graham and see a bright future. How has he been getting on for you guys?

He was the main protagonist in all three goals we conceded on Saturday. Then there was the penalty he gave away at Morton and the OG he scored in his first home league game. Make of it what you will.

Have just seen Grants comments about Thomas, nothing like throwing a player under the bus after playing a player out of position. I like Thomas as a player but I definitely wouldn’t be sticking him in the middle of the park and then complaining about his work rate when he is known for that issue.

Looking at clips from the weekend, you can't see a way back.  Once the fans are lost like that, it's game over.

Feel a wee bit of sympathy in the same way I did towards Locke.  Not really the managers fault, they should never have been appointed in the first place.  Once it gets this far, the shouts can get a bit personal and its a bit much.

Utd fan in peace here. The coaches here think a lot of Ross Graham and see a bright future. How has he been getting on for you guys?

Honestly, he’s the weakest link in the worst defence I think the league’s ever seen. In his 6 games in all competitions, he’s been actively involved in at least 9 or 10 opposition goals. That’s not even accounting for the amount of times his constant mistakes/poor positioning have resulted in chances that have been missed.

It has become very clear that opposition managers and players target him and it is a very effective for all of them.

In short, he has been terrible.

Been following the Pars since 1998 and he is maybe the worst centre-half I’ve seen pull on the jersey for us. Stuart Urquhart probably takes that title, but Graham isn’t far off it. He is really, really bad. He has chucked away a couple of goals a game, on average, and was humiliated for the full 90 minutes in the game against Morton off of the donkey that is Gozie Ugwu.

He must have a clause that says he has to play a certain amount of games or United will be due compensation. If not, then Grant is an even bigger imbecile than any of us think he currently is.

I can’t wait for this to be all over. We’re only 5 games in and we are absolutely not getting promoted this season. We will be lucky to scrape a play-off, IF the board take urgent action after Saturday and appoint someone that has a smidgin of tactical nouse. That will seriously be pushing it though, even getting this lot to finish 4th. As much as Grant is a clown and needs punted, there is genuine concerns about the centre of the midfield and our goalkeeper options. Complete farce what has been allowed to happen at EEP.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
On 14/09/2021 at 14:35, Neilly said:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. That'll make all the difference.

We never won any of our first four league games either and also have a new manager. We will have a top four budget for our league and that is our aim but absolutely no need to be panicking like little bitches after four league games.

Give the manager time. Its very clear he wasn't wanted at the start and those feelings are still there. It's pathetic stuff really.

Walk outs and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH banners outside the ground by wee fannies is just mega cringe but each to their own guys.

Give the Manager time, aye well that's commendable but it's also bullshit. He's not performing, he's struggling to get a team of competent players to understand their respective roles on the pitch. He has berated his players in public after utterly woeful and incompetent team performances.

We'll see though, the club will back their chosen Manager, and rightly so, but there's a huge amount of fans just not buying it. Hence some of the younger element looking to demonstrate their collective frustration at the situation, which they're fully entitled to do.

You calling them wee fannies wasn't necessary, but that's your prerogative. What I will say is being young doesn't always lead to the best decisions but I fully back their stance. Bitter scudbooks like yourself just sound ....well, bitter I suppose.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I got a reply from my email today. Respectful (as was from my side initially) and I'm hoping I'm not breaking any confidence to say that the board aren't burying their heads in the sand as some may believe.

Discrete grassing, love it.

Dont mind Pybus tbh, I dont class him anywhere near the bracket of Mehmet, Graham and Dorrans. Todorov has had an easy ride of it but christ hes missed some sitters the last 2 games and he seemingly can't do anything wrong(for the record I actually really like him but it's funny this never gets a mention)

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Whenever a pars fan does a worst eleven in the future, Graham is an absolute stick on to be include, he's awful.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

He’s crap, really crap. The worse defender I’ve seen in 25 years of watching the Pars. I know he’s just a kid, but he’s never going to play for Dundee Utd’s first team.

Graham looks like a victim of modern day coaching of young centre backs. 
So much time spent on playing the ball out like Beckenbauer, but not enough time on the basic art of defending.

That is exactly the problem and you can say the same of goalkeepers - Managers expecting them to thread passes through opposing forwards in their own box is absolute madness. It gains very little and on the many occasions that they trip over their own feet a goal is invariably conceded.

55 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That is exactly the problem and you can say the same of goalkeepers - Managers expecting them to thread passes through opposing forwards in their own box is absolute madness. It gains very little and on the many occasions that they trip over their own feet a goal is invariably conceded.

You see the really top class teams make an arse if it reasonably often so anyone that thinks Scottish lower league players who are one rung away from part time can execute it successfully needs a spell in Carstairs.