Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Says he’s a fantastic boy then absolutely hung him out to dry. Come gayf DT

Yeah it another strange quirk I've noticed he spouts out.  He's always telling us how ''fantastic'' the boys are in training, then leaves them hung out to dry after the Ibrox debacle.

I see he's described the board as ''fantastic'' in his latest interview. Cleary doesn't rate them either.

As mentioned above, he can't whine about lack of work rate and players not carrying out defensive duties when you fill your team with attack minded players. I know he thinks every football player should have the ability to play anywhere(mair shite) but this was obvious when he build the squad that there would be a lack of dig in the team. Incredible that this is coming as a surprise to him.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I got a reply from my email today. Respectful (as was from my side initially) and I'm hoping I'm not breaking any confidence to say that the board aren't burying their heads in the sand as some may believe.

More than I got back, what email address did you use by any chance.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

He was about a minute away from being sacked. Think they scored a last minute winner in an FA Cup tie against someone and went on to win it and that was the turning point for him and United. Someone Robbins scored I think.

Mark Robins in 1990 against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup 3rd Round. It was widely expected that Sir Alex would have been sacked if they had lost that game.

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I got a reply from my email today. Respectful (as was from my side initially) and I'm hoping I'm not breaking any confidence to say that the board aren't burying their heads in the sand as some may believe.

Peter Grant has seen your email and will be sending big Gas round to visit you and collect my Euro on Saturday night. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Peter Grant has seen your email and will be sending big Gas round to visit you and collect my Euro on Saturday night. 

PG has sent DT out on his bike to collect; perfect way for DT to demonstrate his commitment to hard work and Grant has no intention of playing him either...... 

“I left him out because I didn’t think he was working hard enough when he lost possession of the ball. He lost it and everyone else was running back to get it for him.

“I can’t have folk running back 40 or 50 yards, speeding past someone who is walking. Maybe Lionel Messi can get away with it — but not many others.”

I’m in fucking bits at this quote from PG. He doesn’t have a Scooby.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s even more ridiculous when you think he was playing Dom Thomas in central midfield. The lad is a winger.

That being said, I’d still rather Thomas in the middle of the park than Dorrans or Pybus.

It’s pretty hilarious, that before your first game against Morton that I was able to see that your lineup was pretty wild in the centre of the pitch (having only seen the personnel a handful of times) but Peter Grant couldn’t. 

Talk about instant regret at backing a side for the title!

It just gets worse and worse. Not playing your best players, or playing our stronger players in positions that don’t suit them, just to fit your “ethos” via a self-inflated ego is lunacy. The man is a fucking tube. He should be hounded out EEP on Saturday.

Hopefully ICT do the business and end this pish. Even if we fluke a win, there isn’t going to be a marked improvement in results thereafter. The players clearly can’t be arsed playing for this moron.

I have no idea how he has been given this game when the board can clearly see what the rest of us can. The only negative with him being punted is them fucking up with another shit replacement. F*ck it, EEP is a total circus just now, get another clown in and hire Hopkin or Rice whilst we’re at it

I'd take Big Chipper over PG all day long.

I’d take Stevie Crawford back, or even take Craig Levein over PG. Doesn’t mean they’d be good appointments though. “Would they do better than Peter Grant?” cannot be the criteria. Otherwise just about anyone would be deemed a good candidate.