Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Definitely sounds as if they have had words and he has been given an ultimatum to win on Saturday or he is out the door. Draw isn’t a bad result on the face of it, but it still leaves us in a really shite position: we need to start winning games and it needs to start this Saturday. Won’t happen, however, and he will be gone on the Monday. Hopefully the board have got the wheels in motion to get someone in place when it happens. They can’t be that stupid not to have those plans in place, surely?

A draw isn't enough,  it would have been enough had we started better. but we haven't. Win or walk grant.

He was pulled in for an emergency meeting yesterday. I imagine they told him straight it is win or bust. So, with that being the case, looks like we will be seeking a new man on Monday. Fire up the signal…

IMG_8450.jpg

The biggest problem when Dunfermline take to the pitch is that they have made too many individual errors that have cost them dearly with the consequence of only one point taken from the first four league games. Asked if any points or win targets had been set by the board for the next few weeks, Peter replied:-

“The support from within, from the chairman and from the board has been fantastic but I know as a manager you have to win games. They’re all fantastic people but if they sacked me on Saturday or they sacked me on Monday, I could never say I’ve had anything but the utmost support from them. I would have no qualms. 

this reads to me that he has Saturday to win or he’s away, can’t believe the board are still backing him tbh, spineless the lot off them 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2532056/dunfermline-peter-grant-dom-thomas/

So he’s dropped Thomas, because he doesn’t work hard enough when we lose the ball. I have to say, certainly in the Arbroath and Partick games, Dorrans hasn’t worked particularly hard, out of possession.

The manager has refused to use a system that allows Dom to play in a position he’s suited to. He then decided to use him as a scapegoat/to try and send a message out to the rest of the team. It seems to have ended up with fans and players turning on the manager though.

That’s always going to be the problem when you appoint a manager with “a philosophy”. It means their ego is too big for them to actually manage the team properly. Instead of getting the best out of the available talent by playing folk in roles that suit them and delegating responsibility to properly talented and experienced guys like Dom and Dow he’ll simply try and play his system. Kenny did it too. Guys on the park looking to the bench for guidance when things were not working and getting blanked the manager. 

Would be delighted to see him turn it round but I fear that if too many players think you’re a wee fanny then your “philosophy” is never going to work. 

What was it he said when he came in about players not having positions? Something about nobody has a fixed position? 

That's great if you've got the Brazil 94 team in front of you and even then, you're hardly going to throw Roberto Carlos on the right wing and stick Rivaldo at centre half. He's a slavering fucking idiot. 

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Cant access either Courier article as I've reached my limit apparently but that is some take by the bold PG.

Open it in an incognito tab.

10 hours ago, Wardy said:

Wasn’t Sir Alex Ferguson like one game away from the sack? 😂 I’m quite surprised he’s not away yet to be fair. Ayr were fucking terrible last week against us, so I was a wee bit surprised they turned you lot over. Having said that we couldn’t even win at home at the weekend either….

He was about a minute away from being sacked. Think they scored a last minute winner in an FA Cup tie against someone and went on to win it and that was the turning point for him and United. Someone Robbins scored I think.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He was about a minute away from being sacked. Think they scored a last minute winner in an FA Cup tie against someone and went on to win it and that was the turning point for him and United. Someone Robbins scored I think.

Hardly. Robins scored in the 56th minute. against Forest in January 1990. Link

Forest missed several chances to equalise later in the game. Various United Directors have since denied that his job was under any threat even if they'd lost that game but of course nobody knows for sure how true that was.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Mark Robins - credits himself with saving the career of arguably the greatest club manager in history 😄

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s always going to be the problem when you appoint a manager with “a philosophy”. It means their ego is too big for them to actually manage the team properly. Instead of getting the best out of the available talent by playing folk in roles that suit them and delegating responsibility to properly talented and experienced guys like Dom and Dow he’ll simply try and play his system. Kenny did it too. Guys on the park looking to the bench for guidance when things were not working and getting blanked the manager. 

Would be delighted to see him turn it round but I fear that if too many players think you’re a wee fanny then your “philosophy” is never going to work. 

Peter Grant isn't clever enough to have a philosophy. 

Based on your team's showing at Cappielow he's right about not working hard enough off the ball being a problem with the side, but he is the one who packed your starting eleven with attacking players in the first place. 

Peter Grant is expecting people to believe that he told Dom Thomas he wasn’t playing because he doesn’t work hard enough and Dom Thomas *agrees* with this and is quite happy to not start football matches.

Is he thick or does he just assume everyone else is? Man just can’t help spouting pish every time he opens his mouth.

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hardly. Robins scored in the 56th minute. against Forest in January 1990. Link

Forest missed several chances to equalise later in the game. Various United Directors have since denied that his job was under any threat even if they'd lost that game but of course nobody knows for sure how true that was.

No need to take it to heart m8. It probably hasn't affected your life in any way.