Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If I go, which looks likely, I'll no be walking out and anyone giving me grief for that (which wont happen) will be telt to do one but if folk want to do it, I don't see a problem with it.

Probably would send a message but I think its a message that the board are already fully aware of.  

William Hill has us and Inverness on the same odds for the game. 8/5 each...The Pars games are free money until bookies cotton on. 

Edited by Stoo61

17 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

If I go, which looks likely, I'll no be walking out and anyone giving me grief for that (which wont happen) will be telt to do one but if folk want to do it, I don't see a problem with it.

Probably would send a message but I think its a message that the board are already fully aware of.  

William Hill has us and Inverness on the same odds for the game. 8/5 each...The Pars games are free money until bookies cotton on. 

Why would would anyone give you grief for staying? Second time I’ve seen that mentioned. Strange assumption to make. 

The club already have my money from my season ticket, I'll be going out in Edinburgh instead rather than participating in the walkout. It's baffling that Grant was given the Ayr game, and it's even more baffling that he's still in charge.

9 hours ago, JFPar said:

Seen this on twitter. I’m visiting family in Ireland so missing the game or I’d definitely be up for this. Be nice to see as many as possible walk out. 

ED0AD134-6868-48EF-B146-9B24EF15FF56.jpeg

I'm not against this (although won't be there anyway), but there's a couple of things I take issue with here.

The first is the 'lack of transparency' stuff. I don't agree, unless you genuinely expect the board to make a statement after every single defeat. It comes across as a bit childish, as if they've taken the previous talk about 'transparency' and thrown it back in the board's face since things are going shit. Should there be a statement after every win from the board (a hypothetical situation with a different manager!), saying that the board is happy with the manager and have no intentions of sacking him, just to be 'transparent'?

I'm not sure what a board statement would do here? The board could announce that they are behind the manager and wish to give him time. What will that change? There's only one statement we want to see from the board, and that's one announcing the removal of Mr Grant.

The second issue with this is that it doesn't really state what the walkout is hoping to achieve. They need to state what the aim of this is, what they hope to happen as a result.

Ok, I lied, I have a third issue. The fourth paragraph, where it states that 'the majority of Scottish football' can see that his position is untenable isn't true. It hasn't been mentioned once in any media. I doubt that fans of most Premiership clubs even know or care. I think that fans who do know the situation would agree, but we just aren't important enough for most fans to have even noticed. If/when Grant gets punted, you know that the media will rally round him and talk him up and us down, totally ignoring the facts, and will try and make out that he wasn't given enough time and that this is how football is these days (despite, again, the evidence to the contrary). Grant will be full of excuses. I can see it being a bit like Gary Caldwell. I can easily imagine Grant being invited on to Sportsound, and the usual morons will gush about what a great coach he is and how big bad Dunfermline have treated him terribly (I can almost hear Chick Young saying this sort of pish; perhaps he'll make up some nonsense like he did when Partick Thistle punted Gerry Collins?).

Oh, one last thing. I had a dream last night that Grant was sacked. This dream also involved velociraptors though, so not sure of it's accuracy.

5 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Why would would anyone give you grief for staying? Second time I’ve seen that mentioned. Strange assumption to make. 

Not my assumption shagger, I also seen it mentioned, so mentioned it myself.

Although I do like the thought of it, bit of needle is good for ya sometimes. 

Absolutely no-one will be given grief for staying ffs. This isn’t an ultimatum for Pars fans; it’s an idea to at least do something the board will see in full sight to notice our disgust (as it’ll mostly be NW fans doing it)

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I think a walk-out is more noticeable tbf. McArthur and co sit in the Main sand and I’d imagine the majority of folk who walk out will be in the North West or the Norrie, i.e. in full view of the Main stand. I’d hope the effect would be that the board can see folk actively getting up and fucking off, rather than just a low attendance.

As for paying £20 to do it, I think most folk would rather still give the money to the club as the club does and always will need the funds. Of course you could argue that you could just buy a ticket/donate £20 and not go, but it doesn’t have the same effect I’ve just mentioned above.

I agree generally that a walk out is more noticeable and hard to ignore. I'm not sure what the significance of the number 4 is that's referenced (is it McCathie's number?) but 4 minutes is far too early for it though. You get a few traffic problems or turnstile queues and half the fans aren't in by then anyway. It's far from a stretch that some Directors may also be dealing with something on matchday and not in their seat by 3:04 either.

It would be far more noticeable half an hour in. I guess the risk of doing that is the however unlikely possibility that Dunfermline are by then a couple up and flying. At least 4 minutes makes it unlikely anything of note will have happened by the time it's done.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm not against this (although won't be there anyway), but there's a couple of things I take issue with here.

The first is the 'lack of transparency' stuff. I don't agree, unless you genuinely expect the board to make a statement after every single defeat. It comes across as a bit childish, as if they've taken the previous talk about 'transparency' and thrown it back in the board's face since things are going shit. Should there be a statement after every win from the board (a hypothetical situation with a different manager!), saying that the board is happy with the manager and have no intentions of sacking him, just to be 'transparent'?

I'm not sure what a board statement would do here? The board could announce that they are behind the manager and wish to give him time. What will that change? There's only one statement we want to see from the board, and that's one announcing the removal of Mr Grant.

This.

You can be unhappy they haven't taken action if you like, although sacking someone after 5 league matches is a huge call and I can understand the hesitation but I haven't been watching the games. Expecting them to make some sort of statement short of sacking him along the lines of "As supporters ourselves, the Board understands the frustration of all supporters, with the start we've made but Peter Grant retains our support and we're confident things will turn round soon. Or else!" is complete fruitloop behaviour.

35 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

It's equally as strange to assume that every single protestor will walk out on 4 minutes quietly without making comment to anyone who stays. 

Have to say I admire anyone who takes a stand against the state we're in just now, it all just seems a bit pointless, I fear they'll just carry on as is. It's like we're stumbling around in the dark just now. To think we were all dying to get back to EEP a few weeks ago & now we're talking protests & walk-outs. Grim.

Has he gone yet?

Edited by da_no_1

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's equally as strange to assume that every single protestor will walk out on 4 minutes quietly without making comment to anyone who stays. 

Have to say I admire anyone who takes a stand against the state we're in just now, it all just seems a bit pointless, I fear they'll just carry on as is. It's like we're stumbling around in the dark just now. To think we were all dying to get back to EEP a few weeks ago & now we're talking protests & walk-outs. Grim.

Has he gone yet?

Reason I find it strange is because it’s not about getting on each other’s backs, it’s about taking a stand. Anyone giving fans shit for staying is a moron. Although I have only seen this mentioned from people who aren’t interested in walking out, which is absolutely fine no issues at all with that. I just can’t see how fans walking out would lead to them giving grief to the ones that’s staying, can’t recall anything like this happening before.

Fascinated that supporters of other clubs think any Pars fan would give a single f**k about their thoughts on all this.

You could literally say that about any issue in football. If fans just kept to their own forums, then P&B would be pretty pointless.

Thanks for your input to the other fans, but leave this to the supporters of the club. You haven’t had the misery of watching this shambles.

I think the board will have sat down with Grant yesterday and told him that we need to pick up at least 6 points in the remaining games of September or he will be sacked.

Wonder what the away support will be like for the Rovers game if he is still here? Midweek and probably sitting rock bottom. I’d wager it’ll be something like Cowden take to these games, maybe worse.