Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What's the issue with Dom Thomas? I've seen him play v us a few times and he always impressed. Definitely a player that could make a difference even from the bench, yet he didnt get on v us when you were playing so poorly. As an outsider its perplexing he isnt getting games

Edited by Thereisalight..

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What's the issue with Dom Thomas? I've seen him play v us a few times and he always impressed. Definitely a player that could make a difference even from the bench, yet he didnt get on v us when you were playing so poorly. As an outsider its perplexing he isnt getting games

Peter grant happened.

Any other questions about the mad state of affairs, please use that as the answer,  its nearly certainly him.

Peter Grant being a complete tool and playing tactics that don’t suit 90% of our players whilst also not playing our best players (Dom Thomas included) might have something to do with the “issue”

One of the few encouraging things about Peter Grant at the start of the season was his insistence that he was going to play a system that suited the players, not shoehorning them into a system he wants to use.

…that is precisely what he’s done.

2 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

There's noises about some fans getting ready to protest at this coming home game. Not sure what it'll entail. 

The SLO Drew Main can be easily contacted if fans want to make their feelings known. Not sure what he can do about anything being honest but at least he's contactable.

I think it's going to get pretty ugly pretty quickly if Grant is still here on Saturday and we end up skelped again.

Bedsheets!

A'm tellin' ye all! Buggering about with emails disnae do it.

Bedsheets is the way tae get noticed!🤗

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Peter grant happened.

Any other questions about the mad state of affairs, please use that as the answer,  its nearly certainly him.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Peter Grant being a complete tool and playing tactics that don’t suit 90% of our players whilst also not playing our best players (Dom Thomas included) might have something to do with the “issue”

Cheers lads. For what it's worth, I think you're one result away from a decent season. Far too good a team (on paper) to be in the relegation places 

I'm as fucked off as anyone about the current state of affairs but I won't be walking out and i hope those who walk out respect the right of those who choose to stay and watch the game.

Good luck to those who take this stance tho. I just want to watch my team.

No-one should be told to leave when fans walk out. It’s up to that individual if they want to stay and watch the team. If someone starts at folk staying and vice versa they should be shouted down. We’re all hard-working Pars fans contributing our money to the club. That’s all that matters at the end of the day.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

Pretty embarrassing stuff. Toys out the pram four games into a season where you haven't seen your club in the flesh for 18 months.

A walk out is just self entitled nonsense from wee fannies. Old Firm type patter that.

Just lucky to have a team etc. 

Walking out of a game in the fourth minute is a ridiculous way to protest. Just don't turn up in the first place if a near empty stadium is what you want; a reduced attendance is surely a better way of sending a message to the board than giving them £20 just to leave immediately. If you're going into the ground in the first place you should be staying to deliver some kind of hounding.

Walking out of a game in the fourth minute is a ridiculous way to protest. Just don't turn up in the first place if a near empty stadium is what you want; a reduced attendance is surely a better way of sending a message to the board than giving them £20 just to leave immediately. If you're going into the ground in the first place you should be staying to deliver some kind of hounding.

I think a walk-out is more noticeable tbf. McArthur and co sit in the Main sand and I’d imagine the majority of folk who walk out will be in the North West or the Norrie, i.e. in full view of the Main stand. I’d hope the effect would be that the board can see folk actively getting up and fucking off, rather than just a low attendance.

As for paying £20 to do it, I think most folk would rather still give the money to the club as the club does and always will need the funds. Of course you could argue that you could just buy a ticket/donate £20 and not go, but it doesn’t have the same effect I’ve just mentioned above.

23 minutes ago, smpar said:

I think a walk-out is more noticeable tbf. McArthur and co sit in the Main sand and I’d imagine the majority of folk who walk out will be in the North West or the Norrie, i.e. in full view of the Main stand. I’d hope the effect would be that the board can see folk actively getting up and fucking off, rather than just a low attendance.

As for paying £20 to do it, I think most folk would rather still give the money to the club as the club does and always will need the funds. Of course you could argue that you could just buy a ticket/donate £20 and not go, but it doesn’t have the same effect I’ve just mentioned above.

Agreed. A walk out is far more visually noticeable than a few more empty seats.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Pretty embarrassing stuff. Toys out the pram four games into a season where you haven't seen your club in the flesh for 18 months.

A walk out is just self entitled nonsense from wee fannies. Old Firm type patter that.

I don't think happily lapping up the shite on show is going to bring much change though. Not sure what difference the 18 months away makes to accepting failure to be honest.

You can see from our early games that the team is screwed. You don't have clue how bad it is clearly. Waiting til it's an acceptable time period to get rid of an awful manager will just do the club more harm.

Think we've won about 6 league games since November last year. Not toys out the pram if you consider the bigger picture.