Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think Crawford was hung out to dry a wee bit by the board. Fans were not happy with him but he did what was asked of him and that was to reach the play-offs. I couldn’t really cope any more trying to run a busy company under COVID rules and Craw talked about how hard it was and how he just needed to take some time to decompress after the season. 

Look at Hearts. Robbie Nielsen did as expected yet still got a hard time and this year looks to be addressing the issues from last season.
Crawford was never a joke figure like Grant. Don’t think he had many duff major signings/big money flops. Perhaps the board could have said “we know the football was gash but Stevie has worked wonders under the circumstances, we’ve given him a few months off, will bring in some back room fresh blood etc and I reckon we’d have genuinely been contenders. Too late now but for all the talk of the plans for the club, appointing someone who you could generously call a maverick on a one year deal doesn’t really scream “long-term planning”.

Always felt Crawford needed someone experienced in as an assistant/director of football, to help guide him. When he was given the job, I kind of expected Jimmy Nicholl to come back and work with him. Even that summer, when Davidson left, I thought JN (or someone similar) would have been the best option for an assistant.

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Always felt Crawford needed someone experienced in as an assistant/director of football, to help guide him. When he was given the job, I kind of expected Jimmy Nicholl to come back and work with him. Even that summer, when Davidson left, I thought JN (or someone similar) would have been the best option for an assistant.

Totally agreed. I mentioned Gerry McCabe somewhere on here recently, he was perfect for McIntyre when he started out. 

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Exactly.

Football is also the only industry where this is deemed to be some heinous act. If I took a job and was offered a better one a couple of months later then no chance would I stay.

Good luck explaining that to a future employer, who will have highlighted it on your CV and then file your application in the bin straight after interview (if you get that far).

So it's really not just football where employees are expected to contribute a reasonable commitment of time before jumping ship. 

52 minutes ago, virginton said:

Good luck explaining that to a future employer, who will have highlighted it on your CV and then file your application in the bin straight after interview (if you get that far).

So it's really not just football where employees are expected to contribute a reasonable commitment of time before jumping ship. 

I'm led to believe that submitting CVs is no longer the done thing. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Cheers grandad, I’ll keep that in mind.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The same Levein who took the Raith Rovers job as a favour and walked out of it a month later when a full time role at Dundee United became available? Don't kid yourself. If a full time role at the likes of Dunfermline came up tomorrow and was offered to him he'd be out of Brechin before the door hit him on the backside! He'd still get plenty of media work if he wanted it on top.

To be fair Levein was, as far as I recall, literally doing the Rovers job for nothing. He didn’t have a contact, certainly. When he came in he was upfront about how if something came along he wasn’t going to be hanging around.

To be fair Levein was, as far as I recall, literally doing the Rovers job for nothing. He didn’t have a contact, certainly. When he came in he was upfront about how if something came along he wasn’t going to be hanging around.
And considering his replacement was mcglynn we did not too bad out of it.

Just now, grumswall said:
11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

And considering his replacement was mcglynn we did not too bad out of it.

Did Levein not recommend McGlynn to the board?

Staggering, yet not at all surprising, he is still in a job.

Fans need to take a stand on Saturday and make our feelings known. This truly is unacceptable. From the transparency and feel-good factor in 2016 to this garbage in the space of 5 years. Fans once again out the loop with no transparency at all.

You don't half talk some pish, and this is right up there with your usual.

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well without being yer da about it all, I've sent an email off to the board. Can't really do much more from here, but we need to share the feelings clearly whether we get to games or not. 

Did you write it in English or German?

I emailed “the board” when Kenny was in charge. Can’t remember what it said but was probably not too complimentary about him. 

41 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well yes, it wasnt a criticism of Levein. And by the same token, if he is offered a decent full time management role now he will bite at it and be away from Brechin within 5 mins. The notion that he wouldnt take a job at Dunfermline because of a hobby project with his pal at Brechin is fanciful.

Just watched the goals from Saturday. Holy shit. OFW just giving us a reminder that he's every bit a shite as last season. Two utterly shite goalkeepers we have

Graham has got to be up there as the worst defender to ever play for the Pars. Those mistakes a truly awful.

How the board can watch the weekly keystone cops act at the back every week and not act upon it is mind boggling. Ineptitude throughout the club from players, coaching team and board room.

What a shambles.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you write it in English or German?

I emailed “the board” when Kenny was in charge. Can’t remember what it said but was probably not too complimentary about him. 

Bully

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Staggering, yet not at all surprising, he is still in a job.

Fans need to take a stand on Saturday and make our feelings known. This truly is unacceptable. From the transparency and feel-good factor in 2016 to this garbage in the space of 5 years. Fans once again out the loop with no transparency at all.

There's noises about some fans getting ready to protest at this coming home game. Not sure what it'll entail.

The SLO Drew Main can be easily contacted if fans want to make their feelings known. Not sure what he can do about anything being honest but at least he's contactable.

I think it's going to get pretty ugly pretty quickly if Grant is still here on Saturday and we end up skelped again.