Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

I assume there is some kind of minimum game time clause in his contract because I can't figure out any other reason for playing him so often.

He's unbelievably out his depth.

If so, they just need to send a message to United and ask them to look at our "highlights" and request they recall him due to the loan doing more damage to us ans the player, than good.

Lads Petrie's not coming. He wants to stay part-time. Every single time his name is mentioned when a full time club empties a manager, every single time he doesn't move. It suits him at Montrose which is clearly a far smaller club than Dunfermline but, dare I say it, much better run. Although he's not got Montrose up yet his situation at Links Park is not 100% dissimilar to Dick Campbell's at Arbroath. 

In the same way Levein has committed to a project as a football consultant with a very good personal friend (Kevin Mackie) and he won't be walking for the Dunfermline job two months into it. He has a nice gig trying to re-build Brechin which also enables him to keep his hand in with Sportsound.

I think Dunfermline need something imaginative and new when the Arnold Clark salesman finally gets his jotters- which can't be too far away with results as they are. Which probably means you'll appoint Jimmy Bone.

No point giving him matches to improve. This isn't bad results due to things not going our way. There is still the exact same problems that were visible from the start. He's had 2 weeks to improve this during a covid break, he then had another two weeks after the Raith debacle. Not one jot of improvement. Still as hideously bad as ever.

That man is a deluded mouth piece. A complete charlatan. A bag of wind. I can't wait till we get him the f**k out of our club.

Was that going to be a shock to you?

McArthur has probably called an emergency meeting today. They’ll be giving him the rest of the month with an ultimatum of at least 6 points from the remaining 3 games, or it’s Goodnight Vienna. McArthur hasn’t got the guts to tell him straight that it’s a disaster and we must part ways. McArthur probably knows he has made an arse of it but will be too scared to give him his jotters and will just shut his eyes and hope for the best. Spineless. You’d hope that the new owners would step up to the plate, pull McArthur to one side and tell him to get his act together and fire this clown. That’s the hope anyway. If they aren’t influencing McArthur then I seriously doubt McArthur will fire him this early on, even though we all know it is the right thing to do.

Honestly, I think I’d convinced myself that anyone who cared about the club would want him out as soon as possible. If the board can’t see that, their stubbornness is costing us dearly. I don’t know a single person who thinks Grant should get more time. The biggest issue is potentially that nobody wanted him, because this is probably how most of us thought it would turn out. Admittedly, I thought it would be bad, but not as horrific as it is. Having said that, I wanted to give him time, but his attitude and persistence with failing tactics/players, along with his genuinely bizarre interviews (tactics don’t win games, blaming everyone but himself etc) has made it impossible to support him.

Ross McArthur has been chairman for 5 years and I think most/all of the old board members have been there since 2013/14. By now, they should be well aware that their positions come with great responsibility. As with any company/business, mistakes will be made by those in charge. That’s totally normal and to be expected. But if you refuse to acknowledge your mistakes and don’t take steps to rectify things, you become a large part of the problem. These are all experienced businessmen. They know this. They will have made many mistakes in their own careers, but would have had to accept that and rectify them. I don’t know why they seem incapable of doing this, when it comes to the football club.

I assume there is some kind of minimum game time clause in his contract because I can't figure out any other reason for playing him so often.

I’ve actually just looked up this Alloa v Cove game, that convinced Grant to bring Graham in… Graham gave away a penalty and was caught in no man’s land for Alloa’s 2nd goal.

Lads Petrie's not coming. He wants to stay part-time. Every single time his name is mentioned when a full time club empties a manager, every single time he doesn't move.

Has Petrie told you this personally? When has he genuinely been mentioned for a “bigger” job? Serious question. The only time I’ve seen him in the bookies odds as a true favourite was for us. He was well down the pecking order for Dundee United’s vacancy in the odds. That was a far bigger job and he was never going to be considered for that anyway from the Dundee United hierarchy. Hamilton, Falkirk, Partick, Ayr etc in the past 3 seasons have all binned managers and I have never seen him mentioned by the respective clubs fans or in the bookies favourites.

Of course he has had season after season of success and it begs the question why he hasn’t moved on to a bigger club? Maybe no-one has enquired about him? Maybe he is waiting for the right club if he is cosy? No-one truly knows, unless you have heard from him personally with your statement there that he wants to stay part-time. All the club can do is ask him. The worst he can say is no.

For what it’s worth, I personally think he does want to stay part-time but surely it is worth having that chat with him and offering the best package possible (within our means)? Again, he can only say no.

brian, Mon 13 Sep 08:15

I certainly don`t agree with your proposal.

would it not be better to be less confronational and do something positive.

if you have something constructive to say then why not send a reasoned letter to the Chairman/SLO. ask him for a meeting or call or whatever

If you are argumentative then I`m sure it would go straight in the bucket but if you had serious suggestions then I`m sure you would be heard’

This is in regards to a protest/walk out on Saturday. A reasoned letter? Jesus wept. Get that website taken down, this guy is wired to the moon, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in one of the board members pockets tbh. 

Don’t use that website: it is 99% moon-howling, boot-licking simpletons.

If you are looking to organise something, you’re best just doing it through social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. If you use .nut, your best just to state what the intentions are and to check social media for the arrangements with links. Probably get took down in all fairness.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Don’t use that website: it is 99% moon-howling, boot-licking simpletons.

If you are looking to organise something, you’re best just doing it through social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. If you use .nut, your best just to state what the intentions are and to check social media for the arrangements with links. Probably get took down in all fairness.

I don’t post on .net neebs, I went on to see if anyone was thinking the same when I noticed that thread. I reckon there’ll be plenty fans interested in a walk out. Flirting with the idea of sorting something on social media, however I’m on standby on Saturday which if I’m called out I won’t make the game so trying to get that covered first.  

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Lads Petrie's not coming. He wants to stay part-time. Every single time his name is mentioned when a full time club empties a manager, every single time he doesn't move. It suits him at Montrose which is clearly a far smaller club than Dunfermline but, dare I say it, much better run. Although he's not got Montrose up yet his situation at Links Park is not 100% dissimilar to Dick Campbell's at Arbroath. 

In the same way Levein has committed to a project as a football consultant with a very good personal friend (Kevin Mackie) and he won't be walking for the Dunfermline job two months into it. He has a nice gig trying to re-build Brechin which also enables him to keep his hand in with Sportsound.

I think Dunfermline need something imaginative and new when the Arnold Clark salesman finally gets his jotters- which can't be too far away with results as they are. Which probably means you'll appoint Jimmy Bone.

The same Levein who took the Raith Rovers job as a favour and walked out of it a month later when a full time role at Dundee United became available? Don't kid yourself. If a full time role at the likes of Dunfermline came up tomorrow and was offered to him he'd be out of Brechin before the door hit him on the backside! He'd still get plenty of media work if he wanted it on top.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The same Levein who took the Raith Rovers job as a favour and walked out of it a month later when a full time role at Dundee United became available? Don't kid yourself. If a full time role at the likes of Dunfermline came up tomorrow and was offered to him he'd be out of Brechin before the door hit him on the backside! He'd still get plenty of media work if he wanted it on top.

Exactly.

Football is also the only industry where this is deemed to be some heinous act. If I took a job and was offered a better one a couple of months later then no chance would I stay.

I think Crawford was hung out to dry a wee bit by the board. Fans were not happy with him but he did what was asked of him and that was to reach the play-offs. I couldn’t really cope any more trying to run a busy company under COVID rules and Craw talked about how hard it was and how he just needed to take some time to decompress after the season. 

Look at Hearts. Robbie Nielsen did as expected yet still got a hard time and this year looks to be addressing the issues from last season.

Crawford was never a joke figure like Grant. Don’t think he had many duff major signings/big money flops. Perhaps the board could have said “we know the football was gash but Stevie has worked wonders under the circumstances, we’ve given him a few months off, will bring in some back room fresh blood etc and I reckon we’d have genuinely been contenders. Too late now but for all the talk of the plans for the club, appointing someone who you could generously call a maverick on a one year deal doesn’t really scream “long-term planning”.

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think Crawford was hung out to dry a wee bit by the board. Fans were not happy with him but he did what was asked of him and that was to reach the play-offs. I couldn’t really cope any more trying to run a busy company under COVID rules and Craw talked about how hard it was and how he just needed to take some time to decompress after the season. 

Look at Hearts. Robbie Nielsen did as expected yet still got a hard time and this year looks to be addressing the issues from last season.

Crawford was never a joke figure like Grant. Don’t think he had many duff major signings/big money flops. Perhaps the board could have said “we know the football was gash but Stevie has worked wonders under the circumstances, we’ve given him a few months off, will bring in some back room fresh blood etc and I reckon we’d have genuinely been contenders. Too late now but for all the talk of the plans for the club, appointing someone who you could generously call a maverick on a one year deal doesn’t really scream “long-term planning”.

Crawford plus a better assistant manager would have been an improvement I think, certainly on Grant. Also feel there is a place for his good recruitment Gabby McGill aside.

He’s laughably bad. Destined to be in the juniors in 2 years. He almost single handedly conceded all 3 on Saturday and he’ll still start this weekend.

I know we’re all piling on to smack Grant but let’s not revise history regarding Crawford. He was fairly hopeless and well out of his depth.

Last season we won 10 of our 27 league games, including just once away from home (against Peter Grant’s Alloa). We finished closer to 10th than 1st and were dismissed from the play-offs quickly and feebly.

We almost certainly have one of the larger budgets in the division but still we have some people treating a title push as some distant dream. Top 4 should be the bare minimum expectation.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Craig Levein and John Hughes are massive upgrades on Stevie Crawford and Peter Grant.

That being said I’d probably let Baracus take the gig at this point if it meant Grant got punted.

FWIW

Yogi IS NOT the guy to bring any confidence back to your dressing room...

...quite the opposite (as he did with us) very dodgy if you bring him to EEP.

Edited by Wee Sandy

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I know we’re all piling on to smack Grant but let’s not revise history regarding Crawford. He was fairly hopeless and well out of his depth.

It was nice having a likeable guy in the post rather than just jumped up David Brent chancer.

But yes to take the club forward we need better.