Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Little mention of your German overlords so far. Are they culpable for sanctioning the appointment or was their controlling interest immaterial at the time? What part do they have to play now? Or is their whole occupation some mastery of smoke and mirrors?

Decision was made by the board and Meggle interviewed him along with McArthur. I guess it's a wait and see if this is typical appointment. Hopefully not 

Mass walkout if he is still here on Saturday. Get the word out on social media. Have no problem giving the club my money as they rely on the fans, but enough is enough and we need to get the message across good and proper. Pish-stained bedding for banners the lot.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

So the fans are looking to start a protest?, administer some co-ordinated revealing of their collective displeasure.

Turning your back on the team coming onto the park. Walking out 15 minutes before the 90 minutes is up. Options are many.

Personally I'd like to see Grant gone. This situation is not sustainable.

But, be mindful he's a guy attempting to do a job after the club employed him. He hasn't shat in your breakfast or knobbed your partner. I'd be careful of getting abusive and reverting to vile bile. That's not required.

The Board have fucked up here and they can secure some level of redemption if they act swiftly this week.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You'll beat us on Saturday, guaranteed.

No we won't.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but you've not seen how poor this team is.

Was at this pish yesterday. Left early, with about 5 minutes to go. First time I've left a game early since a pre-season friendly against Gretna in 2007 where I ripped the gusset of my shorts after vaulting a row of seats.

Anyway, we were absolutely rank once again.

What does Grant see in Graham? I genuinely think we never played the 3 at the back against Arbroath because Graham wasn't available. It's like Graham is his boy and he doesn't trust playing the formation without him, for some mad, inexplicable reason. Graham really is awful. Unreal he keeps any other defender out of the team. Talking of which, what's the deal with Breen? Still injured? Jones, Watson and Gaispuitis are all capable I believe to make up a decent centre back pairing. Get Graham punted from the team, the squad and the club.

It's been touched upon, but plying your best players in their best positions is just such a basic thing. Our player of the year last season was Comrie and the young player of the year was Edwards, yet neither are getting played in their natural position. Likewise Dom Thomas and Ryan Dow, and our best striker sits on the bench most weeks. Todorov is actually a decent signing I think, but Wighton is a better player than both he and O'Hara and should be starting ahead of them both, with they having to compete to start alongside him.

What is our style of play? I'm confused as to the intent. There is so much pointless passing around the defence who are looking for a forward pass but finding none on, often resulting in an aimless long punt, giving away possession. I don't have the stats to hand, but I think in all our league games so far the opposition will have had more possession that us throughout the game, and the way we play is a huge part of that. Our rank midfield is a big part of that too. Pybus is rotten and Dorrans isn't far behind him. They are so ineffective and slow and seem to have no understanding with the defence or attack. Dorrans was, at times yesterday, looking for passes, but often found none on. Is this down to the confusion of our shape? 

We haven't had a good centre midfield in years. Crawford struggled loads with, culminating in the dreadful line up at Starks with a midfield full of loan players. To think he chucked Tom Beadling, Joe Thomson and Paul Paton (as much as I wasn't particularly a fan of Paton, he's streets ahead of what we currently have). Then Turner fell out with Crawford too. Imagine having those four still at the club. Would make a big difference. I'd like to see Paul Allan given a chance, as not only would he struggle to do worse, but I thought we were supposed to be developing younger players? Also, what happened to Cole?

The confidence seems non existent in the squad just now. We are so soft to play against. Not only are we easy to score against, but the heads go down right away when teams do. I also think there's still a lot of uncertainty, with numerous lads not knowing what they should be doing. See the defence, where far too often players are unmarked. It's like they don't know who should be picking up what opposition player. 

The board must answer serious questions about this farce. As has been said before, they need to explain why they thought Grant was the man for the job. They need to explain what about his loser record made him the ideal candidate, and what games his shite, relegated Alloa played last season that impressed them so much. They should answer why they apparently rejected every other application and apparently didn't even bother interviewing anyone else. Is that extreme naivity or extreme arrogance? Either way, if/when Grant is punted, they can't be allowed to get away with not answering those, and other, questions about the hiring.

Furthermore, I thought that the club was supposed to be signing and developing younger players. I get that not every signing can or should be a younger lad we can develop, as experience is also needed, but which of Grant's signings are supposed to be developing? Jones maybe? That's one of out of 7, not including loans. What is Grant's track record of bringing through younger players? Did the board consider this when he was appointed? Or have they just abandoned this ethos for no reason all of a sudden? But then you consider that an academy is seemingly being built. Did they consider this when hiring Grant? Again, what about his record shows that he would be the ideal man to blood players from an academy system in to the first team? Was this even considered? If not, why not?

Grant announced he was leaving Alloa in April. How many teams approached him from then until we appointed him? Is it zero? Zero other teams enquired about him becoming their manager? Zero because he's shite?

The club is an a downward trajectory. The board can try and hide behind COVID for the shite crowds, but they're just lying to themselves and us. Just a quick look around at other clubs quickly exposes that nonsense. Season ticket sales are way down because the appointment of Grant just deflated so many people. I bet we all know multiple fans who said they were no longer getting a season ticket once he was announced. Even before COVID, crowds were only going in one way. Very troubling, but a good managerial appointment after Crawford, combined with fans being allowed back, could really have seen a good increase in season ticket sales and walk up sales too. Fans were itching to get back, but once Grant was announced the enthusiasm was absolutely killed, and now there's utter apathy amongst the fanbase. Once you lose fans, it's very hard to get them back. The prices don't help either. It's already too expensive but the prices are only going to go one way. A couple of years ago they said that prices had to be raised to cover costs, but a big loss was down to them handing out a 2 year deal to Johnston and sacking him 6 months in. Then they have the audacity to chuck a two year deal at Dorrans and ask us to continue paying inflated prices for utter muck. A huge two fingers up to the fanbase.

Talking of Johnston, that 2 year deal and their appointments of Crawford and Grant show that those responsible cannot be trusted to make the next appointment. In fact they should have nothing to do with appointing Grant's successor.

I've seen chat about appointing John Hughes. Abysmal shout. If the aim is only to do better than Grant, then fine, but if that's the case then why not ask Crawford if he'll come back, or phone up Queens and ask about Johnston? What we need to do is write up a proper brief for the role. What do we want from a manager? Invite applications and interview them, asking them to demonstrate how they meet the brief, using their experience at previous roles. It doesn't need to be one of the usual boring failures. When you invite applications you can often find a gem. Look at Motherwell with Robinson, St Johnstone with Lomas (and then Wright, who came with Lomas) or even Celtic with Postecoglu. The likes of Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre, John Hughes etc might apply for it, but when you ask for applications you often get guys you've never considered.

The longer Grant is in place the more likely we are to go down and the more fans we hemorrhage. Change is needed, and perhaps not just at the level of manager.

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Little mention of your German overlords so far. Are they culpable for sanctioning the appointment or was their controlling interest immaterial at the time? What part do they have to play now? Or is their whole occupation some mastery of smoke and mirrors?

Are you the same moron who posted the ludicrous theory that the German lads invested in the club so that they could steal the money from a potential transfer of Nisbet? Or are you another xenophobic p***k?

However, your general point about them answering about the appointment of Grant is valid. If they had any role they too should be held responsible and answer questions.

The German investors/board/whoever the f**k appointed that utter buffoon need to explain the reasoning behind it. We are falling further and further down the shite pipe each week and the signs were there for all to see. 

Heavily unbalanced team, best players being played out of positions, ridiculous formation with the squad we have, the sheer lunacy in insisting playing Ross Graham whenever he can, I bet Peter Grant has him out with him picking up his dug shit as well. I could go on and on but it is draining.

If he’s still here on Saturday the chairman can bolt anaw. Thanks for all you’ve done but time to move on. Not having this happy to have a club pish, it’s 2021. Fans didn’t save the club for a smug, useless dick to steer us into domestic fixtures with Kelty Hearts. 

19 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

No we won't.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but you've not seen how poor this team is.

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Are you playing your under 16s squad ? 

We have to lose sometime lads.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
5 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

If he’s still here on Saturday the chairman can bolt anaw. Thanks for all you’ve done but time to move on. Not having this happy to have a club pish, it’s 2021. Fans didn’t save the club for a smug, useless dick to steer us into domestic fixtures with Kelty Hearts. 

I think he'd like to step away from it all, but that's highly unlikely for the foreseeable. It's apparent he's made errors that have got us into this current position. Not good enough. Fans are right to be up in arms and the Chairman and Board need to hear it, they need to get us out of this hole.

However I don't think resorting to name calling is the answer. If you're that upset and you're sure he's what you say he is, why not walk up and tell him to his face. Total respect if you do.

Are you the same moron who posted the ludicrous theory that the German lads invested in the club so that they could steal the money from a potential transfer of Nisbet? Or are you another xenophobic p***k?
However, your general point about them answering about the appointment of Grant is valid. If they had any role they too should be held responsible and answer questions.
No I'm not, and neither am I xenophobic. I have, on the other hand, occasionally been called a p***k, though haven't we all? One of your mates, DAFC, managed a civil reply, so I'm pleased you eventually managed one too, Captain Salty.