Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If he's in charge next week enjoy the easiest 3 points you can ever get.

You say this… I know we have changed manager as well in the summer but Grant had us sussed last year. We didn’t beat Alloa last season. 1 defeat and 2 draws I think it was.

We are flying just now though and after today’s second half performance I would be very disappointed if we don’t get all 3 points. I didn’t think I would be saying that at the start of the season that’s for sure!

4 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Wouldn't go as far as calling him a cancer but apart from that you have hit the nail on the head

Yea, to be honest it’s not fair to cancer to compare it to what Grant has done at Dunfermline so far. I was in the potentially good hiring camp, holy s**t was I wrong! What I can’t understand is how successfully he’s dragged a team, with some pretty good bits, down into the gutter in such a short time. Even strategy doesn’t explain what the hell is wrong, and it makes me wonder if it is even recoverable at this point, which is insane after only four games. The rot in the dressing room must be deep, and I have no idea how anyone coming in would be expected to paper over it, let along fix it, in less than half a season…and that leaves the Pars in very dicey territory.

The board will allow him to manage the games before October starts, however urgent action is needed now. The alarm bells have been in place for months now and if we are relegated as a consequence of their ineptitude, then I won’t be the slightest bit surprised. Very St Mirren 2017 except we’ll not take early action. St Mirren done the right things to get themselves clear of danger and shot right up to where we want to be. We won’t do that though, because reasons.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

You say this… I know we have changed manager as well in the summer but Grant had us sussed last year. We didn’t beat Alloa last season. 1 defeat and 2 draws I think it was.

We are flying just now though and after today’s second half performance I would be very disappointed if we don’t get all 3 points. I didn’t think I would be saying that at the start of the season that’s for sure!

You need to read the Ayr v Dunfermline thread.

They thought the same and didn't believe we were as bad as us Pars fans made out. Then they witnessed it themselves. You could play no attackers, (I include attacking midfielders in that btw) and you'll still score goals against us.

Come down and enjoy yourselves. Get a bridie and a few pints. Even stick the mortgage on a win. Easiest win you'll get all season.

Edited by Heaton

14 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Are you guys confident that a competent manager could get a tune out of your current squad?
Or is it imperative that a new man has at least the remainder of the loan window to work with?

Having access to loans would help. Can we loan Graham out elsewhere or is loaning a loanee not allowed? 🤭

Edited by Heaton

23 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Are you guys confident that a competent manager could get a tune out of your current squad?
Or is it imperative that a new man has at least the remainder of the loan window to work with?

That back four is pretty much the same team that finished last season and Crawford managed to squeeze them into 4th, attacking options we are better off. Grants Midfield is very unbalanced once Wilson is fit the squad looks okay until January. 

But I wouldnt bet on Grant ditching the players and system he's been using just because someone comes back from injury.

Having had time to sleep on it, I’ve woken up this morning and still can’t believe how shambolic our club is.

Peter Grant is still our manager, which is inexplicable. The appointment baffled so many fans, due to how poor his Alloa side were. Good football gets results. Trying to force players to play a style that doesn’t work for them is poor management. Simple as that. His attitude and performances to date have been nothing short of a disgrace. But this is in line with what most fans expected of him. I don’t know what the board expected at all.

The chairman and other board members should be considering their positions. I think the chairman needs to go. His decisions since taking over in 2016 have been very poor and he has definitely been holding us back. If he does love the club, it’s time for him to think about what’s best for the future. That would be him stepping down as chairman.

The chairman has refused to consider applications for the manager’s job, both times it has been available under his stewardship. The summer was the perfect opportunity to take ample time to consider all applications and find the right man. No excuses can be made for his interview where he bragged about ignoring 80 applicants (which included Dick Campbell, by the way) to headhunt Grant.

Little mention of your German overlords so far. Are they culpable for sanctioning the appointment or was their controlling interest immaterial at the time? What part do they have to play now? Or is their whole occupation some mastery of smoke and mirrors?

They have literally just became the owners and Grant’s appointment was down to him hoodwinking McArthur, which isn’t a difficult task in all honesty. The hope is they take proper control of the situation and bin McArthur as well as Grant. Failure after failure.

Cant wait to give them it all both barrels next saturday.

I’ll not be surprised if he is still here by Saturday, but it will be a disgrace and the fans will rightly be angry (all 1500 of the home support)

Should do a mass walk out as soon as the game kicks off to let them see just how disgusted we are with them.