Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
34 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:
Peter Grant is the worst c**t in Scottish football an that's difficult when that includes Craig Levein Stevie Frail Davie Irons Neil Lennon and finally Malky McKay.  I'm delighted it's went to shit for him at Dunfermline.  Sack the c**t and bring in Yogi.  

Yogi is coming home to Somerset.

That wilnae day for me.  He will want Pat McGinley as number 2. 

The crazy thing here is that you do have a good squad on paper. The situation IS fixable, but only once you get rid of the cancer managing them.
Worse hiring than Hopkin at Ayr, worst since we hired McIntyre imo. Genuinely hilarious he was even brought in in the first place.

We’re talking as if he will be sacked. He is absolutely here to stay and EEP is going to be a ghost town next Saturday, with the ones actually there probably just booing constant.

Going to be an expensive sacking isn’t it? Can’t see you going for a manger at a club after forking out the compensation for Grant. I predict Yogi (if he doesn’t go to Ayr) or McCann.

Compensation for an out of work manager? What planet are you living on? [emoji23] Alloa managed to go through a proper recruitment process and had Ferguson appointed before we gave Grant this job ffs.

But I agree, I doubt we’ll buy a manger, unless it’s for some nativity scene.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Going to be an expensive sacking isn’t it? Can’t see you going for a manger at a club after forking out the compensation for Grant. I predict Yogi (if he doesn’t go to Ayr) or McCann.

Get Celtic to give him a job.  They are good at giving a bunch of diddy ex players jobs for f**k all.  I'm sure he would go. 

I don't know how much of a difference it will make but I'm going to email the chairman tomorrow. If enough of us do that, it should help push this forward.

Didn’t want to sound all Karen and “can I speak to your manager” but was thinking how you do something like this to at least get their attention? If enough fans done it surely they’d have to make a statement.

If you sack Grant you will have to buy out his contact, no? That is how it normally works, right?

He is on a yearly rolling contract. I’m not going to act like I know employment law, but I would safely assume the board would have to buy out the rest of his contract if they want to relieve him of his duties.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

He is on a yearly rolling contract. I’m not going to act like I know employment law, but I would safely assume the board would have to buy out the rest of his contract if they want to relieve him of his duties.

Interesting, thought he was on a two year deal. Still, I imagine he’s on a decent wedge.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nah, thank f**k he isn’t. That would be a lot worse.

Is there any email online that you can send to get the attention of the chairman? I can see a customer service one but I imagine anything sent to that would largely be ignored. Possibly the old fashioned written letter job then?

Bedsheet outside EEP would be most effective/appropriate I think.

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The crazy thing here is that you do have a good squad on paper. The situation IS fixable, but only once you get rid of the cancer managing them.

Worse hiring than Hopkin at Ayr, worst since we hired McIntyre imo. Genuinely hilarious he was even brought in in the first place.

Wouldn't go as far as calling him a cancer but apart from that you have hit the nail on the head

If you sack Grant you will have to buy out his contact, no? That is how it normally works, right?

My bad, thought you meant we’d paid compensation to bring him in. Yes, we’ll need to pay compensation for him, but he’s on some sort of rolling contract. No idea of the terms.

49 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't know how much of a difference it will make but I'm going to email the chairman tomorrow. If enough of us do that, it should help push this forward.

I was thinking off doing the same thing haha. How the board think this acceptable is beyond me and the rest off us. The clubs in a right mess just now the worst I’ve seen it in 25 years bar the administration.

I just don’t see how Grant will be sacked after 4 games. I’m not saying all the fans are wrong, normally they are always bang on when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I don’t think the board will do anything until the end of the first quarter at the earliest. No matter how badly it’s going.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I just don’t see how Grant will be sacked after 4 games. I’m not saying all the fans are wrong, normally they are always bang on when it comes to this sort of stuff, but I don’t think the board will do anything until the end of the first quarter at the earliest. No matter how badly it’s going.

This is the big concern.  We are out of the title race,  well behind in the play-off hunt and needing a few positive results to get out of the relegation spots.

We leave it another 5 games and we're out the play-off hunt and desperately hoping to put a strong run together to avoid relegation.  Every single game he gets is a game less to save our season. 

If he's in charge next week enjoy the easiest 3 points you can ever get.