Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dom is probably just the first to take a stand and make a move. Got that about him I think. 

Have to say good luck to him, its not fair for such a short career to be blighted with the likes of Peter Grant. 

A series of damaging events for decades now. 

I think that is what you have to try to get into the individual - just do your job well.
People say ‘what would you take on Saturday? A victory and not playing well?’ Yes I would, I wouldn’t tell you a lie, I would take a victory without playing well 100 per cent.
Nobody can hand you a plate of confidence, nobody does that.
Just a few of the latest nuggets of pure football knowledge from our fearless leader, Peter Grant.
I feel emotional and humbled by his expert guidance.

When somebody hits out with the “people always ask me..” you can absolutely guarantee that nobody has ever asked them whatever it is they’re about to answer. He’s more Brent than Grant at this stage.

That would be utter pish if we had to lose a player of Dom Thomas’ quality due to the sheer ineptitude of Peter Grant. On form, Thomas is probably in the top 5 players in the division and you couldn’t blame him for not wanting to play for that utter w**k.

"Nobody hands you a plate of confidence" is inspired. I'm going to use it in conversation as it makes me smile and stimulates the imagination. I'm thinking alphabetti spaghetti for tea tonight already. 

Definitely the work of a man on a higher plain than others, one who stands aloft from the crowd. Years from now this nugget one-liner will be used in everyday society and PG, the Scottish national team manager, will smile inwardly as the press hang on his next public utterance. 

I like Quaich of Cockiness but I wouldn't presume to put words in his mouth. Or on a plate and hand it to him.

Edited by pantene proV

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is John Robertson a viable candidate? He's always impressed me.

Almost certainly not. He stepped away from the ICT manager's job in part because of the mental health issues he experienced last season, and he still has a significant role with us. He's also been based in Inverness for years and seems to love it.

Someone suggested Hughes earlier in the thread, and I don't think actually he'd be a bad fit for Dunfermline (certainly a better fit there than at Ayr, who he's being linked with) because you have some genuinely talented players and he has got a track record of improving already good players. Unfortunately you'd then have to deal with the thorny issue of what happens when you let him spend money on players.   

If McArthur cared about the club, he’d resign. He keeps telling us he’s a fan, time to do what’s best for the club then. His decision making has left us where we are. At this point, I genuinely don’t think sacking Grant is enough. He cannot be trusted to be involved in picking the new man, or we’ll end up with someone like Hopkin.

McArthur is a spineless tube. He’s going nowhere and Grant will still be given time. Disgusted with this club now. It stinks from the very top. The only way it can be salvaged is the new owners taking proper control, binning these jobs-for-the-boys idiots on the board as well as Grant, and getting someone competent in. Won’t happen though.