Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Someone on dotnet has posted to say Dom Thomas has asked to leave the club with immediate effect. [emoji51]

f**k sake. He’s been pish like but no been played in his position.
Get Grant to f**k and bring in Yogi.
Don’t trust our board with managerial appointments though, been fucking honking since Mcarthur took the reigns

Aye Wighton literally had his most prolific spell of his career in his loan spell last season with us,playing up front.

Thomas has been a class act when on the wing and more often than not plays well. I don't blame him if he wants out to be honest,but would he be able to play elsewhere before January? Not sure of the rules.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Aye Wighton literally had his most prolific spell of his career in his loan spell last season with us,playing up front.

Thomas has been a class act when on the wing and more often than not plays well. I don't blame him if he wants out to be honest,but would he be able to play elsewhere before January? Not sure of the rules.

Not in England or Scotland, I don’t think. There’s other countries where the transfer window is still open which I think would be fine though. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

If he's a free agent he can sign for anyone at anytime I believe.

Not if they are released after the end of the transfer window.

Otherwise we'd have players released from one club and signed by another shortly after year round, completely destroying the point of transfer windows.

Dom Thomas is an out and out winger. He can’t play any other position really. If it’s true, then it doesn’t surprise me in all honesty. It looked pretty obvious to me in the Arbroath game they weren’t playing for the manager at all; total down tools job.

Dom Thomas and Wighton are arguably our biggest attacking threats and he refuses to play them. The man is an absolute disgrace and the board need to take action pronto, regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Crowds are only going to get worse. Don’t think so many have ever been as disengaged as just now. Even the Potter days I was more into it than now.

Think that was due to the fact we nearly went bust a year before the season started. I can empathise there, though: I definitely had more an interest then than now. This is the result of years of stagnation and bad decisions by the board. It has finally caught up with them, and they’ll really feel the bite when crowds start to dip to about 2k in the coming weeks. Our shitiness this season was the catalyst to finally result in fans walking away from the club in very heavy numbers. Did we not have something like 4.5k season ticket holders in 2018? Maybe plucked that out the Jim Leishman book of facts and figures, but it was quite a high number.

Think that was due to the fact we nearly went bust a year before the season started. I can empathise there, though: I definitely had more an interest then than now. This is the result of years of stagnation and bad decisions by the board. It has finally caught up with them, and they’ll really feel the bite when crowds start to dip to about 2k in the coming weeks. Our shitiness this season was the catalyst to finally result in fans walking away from the club in very heavy numbers. Did we not have something like 4.5k season ticket holders in 2018? Maybe plucked that out the Jim Leishman book of facts and figures, but it was quite a high number.
Was comfortably over 3k anyway.

Announce Yogi and Big Chipper.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

If he's a free agent he can sign for anyone at anytime I believe.

No he can't. See below. If you are released from a professional contract after a window closes then you can't sign for another club professionally until the next window opens. You could though go abroad to somewhere with a currently open window of course if such a place exists. Or down to Lowland League level where windows don't operate.

He also could still go on domestic loan rather than fully released as long as he does so before the end of September, but not to the Premiership as they aren't allowed the extra month for loans.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Not if they are released after the end of the transfer window.

Otherwise we'd have players released from one club and signed by another shortly after year round, completely destroying the point of transfer windows.

Edited by Skyline Drifter