Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 hours ago, JFPar said:

Bizarre to read Peter Grant has again blamed COVID for last weeks 0-3 humping by Arbroath. We were without two defenders that have played a combined amount of 13 minutes this season, what difference were they going to make? Shambles. 

I wish Graham had only played 13 mins!

Any decent manager coming in could target the play-offs and target actually winning them. I don’t buy the extra games being the difference, it’s the quality and teams finishing 3rd or 4th in our league are probably not that good. 

A manager with “a philosophy” at our level should set alarm bells ringing. The philosophy should be getting in players with the fortitude not to fold in big games. A new manager coming in wouldn’t necessarily need to wow fans with fancy football, it could be a win at all costs salvage mission and fans would surely buy into it. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wonder what the odds would be on Meggle himself taking over in the short-term if Grant was let go?

You would imagine he might if he wanted to get a European coach in which will obviously be a slower process than getting McIntyre or someone of that nature in.

Lose to Ayr and the crowd will be less than 2000 regardless of what they read out as the official attendance. That level of interest isn't sustainable lose to Inverness which looks likely you are really toiling at the foot of the table as well as the crowd losing the place.

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Hahahaha aye right - good one.  

Don’t try that mate.  You might be pish,  but I don’t think it’s possible to conceive how shite we are without witnessing it.   This isn’t your normal fans unhappy at some bad form stuff,  this is reacting to some of the worst attempts at playing football in decades,  including when we 7th in league 1.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Don’t try that mate.  You might be pish,  but I don’t think it’s possible to conceive how shite we are without witnessing it.   This isn’t your normal fans unhappy at some bad form stuff,  this is reacting to some of the worst attempts at playing football in decades,  including when we 7th in league 1.

Ditto, our game is going to be a battle of the titans. 90 minutes of McGinty and Fjortoft trading 60 yard punts with Watson.

39 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Ditto, our game is going to be a battle of the titans. 90 minutes of McGinty and Fjortoft trading 60 yard punts with Watson.

That’s not what’s going to happen. You’ll punt it long, we’ll arse around with ball, make a basic f**k up and concede. 
You don’t need an attacking game plan to score against us.  Just get the ball in our defensive third and we’ll do the rest for you.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We’re nowhere near as bad as that yet.

It’s been atrocious, don’t get me wrong, but that L1 season reached depths I don’t think we’re likely to touch again.

1 hour ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

There’s a chance one of your punts will end up in the back of the next, our keepers plays with oven gloves on his hands.

I noticed Grant slaughtered Mehmet in this week’s Dunfermline Press.

He’s been terrible but why he believes publicly shaming players will help turn things around is probably best left to a trained psychologist.

I noticed Grant slaughtered Mehmet in this week’s Dunfermline Press.
He’s been terrible but why he believes publicly shaming players will help turn things around is probably best left to a trained psychologist.

He’s really inconsistent. Mehmet’s howlers against Partick and Rangers were just as bad as his one at the weekend, if not worse. No idea why he’s now taken to publicly shaming him. He’s still never hung Graham out to dry, despite being our worst performer. Instead, he suggested that Graham’s absence was an excuse for last week’s result/performance.

4 hours ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

There’s a chance one of your punts will end up in the back of the next, our keepers plays with oven gloves on his hands.

We have keepers? I thought it was the tea lady in goals this season.

OFW and Mehmet are both utter shite. Ideal if OFW just stuck to the coaching side and we got a loan in. We haven’t really delved much in to that market. Can’t find any info on the maximum amount allowed, but we definitely can have at least 2 more. Get a keeper in and a defensive midfielder ffs and try and make us solid for the time being. For as much Grant is a bawbag, some of the goals we have given away have been individually very poor.

I’d drop Watson as well because he looks like he can’t be arsed and get Breen in beside Gaspuitis. Hopefully Lewis Martin is back soon to take over from Edwards. He also needs to get Comrie back in to RB. One of out best players sitting on the bench is criminal. Same with Thomas, although Dom looked totally void of ideas when he played against Arbroath. Unsure if that is also down to the manager.

Pissing against wind probably, because Ayr will no doubt sneak a win to give them a massive boost (we’re the team that gives out gifts after all) and ICT should dispatch us fairly comfortably, as should Accies. I’d then expect him to be given his jotters at that point when we’re barely breaking 2k in attendances. Hopefully the board have plans in place already for that happening, because I don’t see any situation where we miraculously pick up results between now and, for example, end of October which fires us up the table.