Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Would bite your hand off for Yogi right now. A proven manager at clubs a similar size to ours. Could even say his CV would blow everyone else out the water..

Just don't let him sign anyone and you'll be fine.

36 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I could see them going for big chipper, another utterly uninspiring appointment.

If we were to get rid of PG say within the next month then I think the board would have to accept the failure lies with them, and they'd then try everything possible to get someone good in, get the fans back on side. Replacing AJ with Crawford was uninspiring but we got on with his because it was Stevie and it sounded nice, he's a club legend and already an employee. You could kinda see the logic behind it. Replacing Stevie with PG still doesn't make sense to me and likely never will. If we replaced PG with Chipper I think I'd genuinely shred my season ticket, have my stupid tattoo lasered off and burn my Pars kit collection.

6 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

Would bite your hand off for Yogi right now. A proven manager at clubs a similar size to ours. Could even say his CV would blow everyone else out the water..

We said same thing when we were in process of punting Locke and managed to get him. Rest is history. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just don't let him sign anyone and you'll be fine.

This.

I think yogi would do a good job for Dunfermline. You’ve got a squad that should be challenging at the top of the league and he is a fantastic coach so he would get results. 

The only issue is, as above, I wouldn’t let him anywhere near the recruitment side of things.

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We said same thing when we were in process of punting Locke and managed to get him. Rest is history. 

His interview after the St Mirren game was incredible. Think it was so mental that the players weren’t criticised by the fans nearly as much as they deserved.

Hughes wouldn’t work,  it’s clear the squad don’t respect grant and if someone is going to come in and get them on board we really could do without it being another arrogant manager.  

As for our squad,  it’s certainly capable, but I think opposition fans don’t recognise how unbalanced our midfield is,  I think when we get a new manager in they’ll be desperately trying to get a couple of ball winning midfielders in.

People look at our forward options and think we’re in a great place, but we’re regularly seeing far too many of them on the pitch at the same time,  Dorrans as the one of the most defensive minded players on the pitch is insane.

This.
I think yogi would do a good job for Dunfermline. You’ve got a squad that should be challenging at the top of the league and he is a fantastic coach so he would get results. 
The only issue is, as above, I wouldn’t let him anywhere near the recruitment side of things.
A fantastic coach? Are you mental? A HUGE part of the role is people management. Hughes demonstrated on tv that his people skills could easily be eclipsed by those of a phone box, and that's before we consider the post match dressing room confrontation which saw an ex goalkeeper almost skelp his big desperate dan jaw.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, PB1994 said:
This.

A fantastic coach? Are you mental? A HUGE part of the role is people management. Hughes demonstrated on tv that his people skills could easily be eclipsed by those of a phone box, and that's before we consider the post match dressing room confrontation which saw an ex goalkeeper almost skelp his big desperate dan jaw.

Didn’t he relegate Rovers by loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton so poster has a point re recruitment, or should that be de-recruitment, not being his forte. 

I remember the Yogi for Scotland campaign, initiated by and supported…by Yogi. It’d be a laugh but I’m clean out of humour.

11 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Didn’t he relegate Rovers by loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton so poster has a point re recruitment, or should that be de-recruitment, not being his forte. 

I remember the Yogi for Scotland campaign, initiated by and supported…by Yogi. It’d be a laugh but I’m clean out of humour.

That was Gary Locke. 

Our midfield is a shambles. Without Wilson we are so unbalanced.

Yogi wouldn’t work. We’d end up in the same situation Raith were in. The board have to push the boat out and get Petrie, don’t care what anyone says about his job outside football. At least attempt to get him. It would galvanise the place for the first time in YEARS. A bit of a coup, if you will.

If we’re stuck with looking at unemployed candidates, then there really isn’t much to inspire you. The board have fucked up big style yet again.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

His interview after the St Mirren game was incredible. Think it was so mental that the players weren’t criticised by the fans nearly as much as they deserved.

Aye, a lot of what he said after that St Mirren game was probably spot on and I've no doubt a few players would have thought "acht well, I'll find another club anyway". It was the rumours of what was going on behind the scenes that was crazy. Prior to Davo's testimonial this year he done a fairly lengthy interview and touched on Hughes's era when he was our manager. Hughes was adament he wanted the team to play a particular way and Davo and a few of the senior more experienced players were contemplating chapping the chairmans door to tell them that it was not working and that the players at the club weren't good enough to effectively try and play like Barcelona. Think a fair few of the players were shit scared of Hughes. It was well known that Hughes and Bobby Barr had some bust up when they were both at Livi and naturally Barr started to find himself shunted out the team when Hughes took over. As a revolt the players all voted for Barr as their players player of the year to get it up Hughes. Think Barr did an interview on some podcast where he spoke about Hughes and basically said neither of them liked eachother and that when Hughes came to Livi when Barr was there basically told Barr to go home and he'd be in touch when he was to return. On top of that I think after the last home game of that season Hughes was ripping into the players, Kevin Cuthbert snapped back and it ended with Hughes offering the whole team outside for a square go. No doubt Hughe's ego would have taken a dent as I'm sure he waltzed into his role thinking it would be a stick on he'd keep us up with a view to then getting a bigger gig elsewhere.