Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We’re actually going to keep this fud aren’t we? 😭

Thought I had maybe read too much into the Watson interview but looks like everyone is of a similar opinion.   Fed up of being chucked under the bus by the manager they have decided to fight back.

He'll get the first quarter. He shouldn't, but he will get it. We've done an Alan Stubbs. The only hope is that Morton and Ayr aren't too far ahead of us at the foot of the table before he inevitably gets punted and replaced. This is fucking murder. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He'll get the first quarter. He shouldn't, but he will get it. We've done an Alan Stubbs. The only hope is that Morton and Ayr aren't too far ahead of us at the foot of the table before he inevitably gets punted and replaced. This is fucking murder. 

Stubbs was emptied on the 3rd of September...

As you say, any delay just makes things worse.  

Think I'm going to stay away from East End till Grant's gone.

I'll just moan my puss off and get into an argument with some cunto that can't see no wrong with the club.

Loads of potential at the club but incapable people making footballing decisions is becoming really damaging.

They are putting droves of fans off with their car crash running of football affairs. Dwindling crowds, folk pulling out of the lifeline due to their hard earned being wasted every season by shite board decisions. Yeah they helped stabilise the club, but they are now starting to damage it with their half arsed approach to appointing managers.

1 hour ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

The board have no back bone

Isn't that exactly the one thing they do have, standing behind folk and decisions long after public opinion has turned, often in my opinion far too long.

But I agree with you first quarter seems logical doesn't even bear thinking about the attendance levels for the last game.

It'll be the most ardent of diehards that will be left going to the games. I think our travelling support for the Ayr game will be embarrassingly low. Once we get buried in that game, it's a home game against ICT, who could be sitting pretty at the top still, and I'd suspect there will be a crowd of no more than 2300. What a fucking shite state of affairs. 

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It would be most unsporting to get rid of Grant before teams who haven't played you yet have had the chance to pump you. Having said that QoS have a habit of losing to perceived "shite" teams. 

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

You've got to give Grant time to get his tactics across! He proved he's a good manager at Alloa with a part time team and a small budget. He kept them up didn't he?

200.gif

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

You've got to give Grant time to get his tactics across! He proved he's a good manager at Alloa with a part time team and a small budget. He kept them up didn't he?

They got relegated after that. That's what happens when you give him time. 

This isn't just a few tweeks required. This is a monumental fck up. We even have a player commenting about us being all over the place.

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Isn't that exactly the one thing they do have, standing behind folk and decisions long after public opinion has turned, often in my opinion far too long.

But I agree with you first quarter seems logical doesn't even bear thinking about the attendance levels for the last game.

Stubborn to the point of delusion doesn’t equal “having a back bone” IMO.

It’s far easier to pretend nothing is wrong than admit they’ve made a mistake.

I left the military last March before covid hit and was genuinely like a little kid again to get back to football most weekends. Got my first season ticket due to being back in fife and having the finances.

that feeling has been ripped clean out of me with the appointment of Crawford then Grant. 

ive been to the relegation games and the lows and the highs of cup finals and Europe but this is the worst I’ve felt as a pars fan in the 25+ years of being a fan.

ive nothing against the board and what they have done for the club and where we are now in terms of a club and structure but the football side the past few seasons has been mind boggling. For a club that says they are community driven and appreciate the fans they certainly don’t listen to the fans in regards to what they want.

I have my season ticket for this year and will buy again next year and so forth whilst continuing to pay into the life line as believe it’s right thing to do. I doubt I’ll be at much games if this is what’s being offered up by someone who is not wanted.

I find it hard Dunfermline fans who act on the board accept this and the ex players who are close to the club do too. 

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

Depends what way you look at it. Easy enough for the board to plod along with their finger in their ears pretending everything’s hunky-dory whilst the ship is clearly sinking so that they avoid the backlash of yet another dreadful appointment. For them to open their eyes and act now and admit they’ve got this one wrong requires a back bone. There’s not going to be a miraculous turnaround whilst PG is in charge. Either he walks or he gets punted after the first quarter, which will be too late IMO.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Stubborn to the point of delusion doesn’t equal “having a back bone” IMO.

It’s far easier to pretend nothing is wrong than admit they’ve made a mistake.

I don't think anyone even the board can say nothing is wrong after Saturday's display they perhaps disagree that sacking the manager is the correct response. That is of course their call.

One that I hope they make before any real damage is done.

I'm not sure we would have a football club if the board truly don't have a backbone, I know they can't dine on that forever and it doesn't absolve them of the mistakes made over the last nearly 10 years but it's an important distinction all the same.

4 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

There’s not going to be a miraculous turnaround whilst PG is in charge. Either he walks or he gets punted after the first quarter, which will be too late IMO

Think I addressed the rest of your comments in the other reply so won't repeat myself.

I agree a turnaround is unlikely but I guess this is where we have to trust Thomas in particular who is at training sessions and the like he will know if the system is madness, I believe it is and if Grant is the man to turn it round, I personally don't believe he is. But that call is best left with Thomas and his expertise.

I disagree that the first quarter will be too late for promotion as Dundee turned it round after the 1st Quarter and went up but I would say automatic promotion would be unlikely in the extreme.

When we had our stint in league 1 post admin I could sense a real togetherness off the pitch. Fans were travelling all over the country in their thousands, good Dunfermline people were involved at the club and you felt like we were really going places off the park. I'm not sure when or where but somewhere down the line that has disappeared. Ross McCarthur used to go on about being transparent but I feel it's back to a them and us situation between fans and board. The relationship is pretty sour just now and has been for some time.

I don’t understand why Ross McArthur would be expected to make great managerial appointments in the first place tbh.

I’m sure he’s done some great work in saving and stabilising the club but, other than being a long-time fan, did he have any football experience before this role?

Not sure where the faith in Thomas Meggle comes from either, considering he’s the one credited with pushing to appoint Grant in the first place. Anyone involved in that decision has to accept there will be questions about their judgement.

I know there are plans for new training ground and Youth Academy but on the pitch we are nowhere right now. They should embrace the anger while it lasts because at least that means some people still care.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

56 minutes ago, 101 said:

Think I addressed the rest of your comments in the other reply so won't repeat myself.

I agree a turnaround is unlikely but I guess this is where we have to trust Thomas in particular who is at training sessions and the like he will know if the system is madness, I believe it is and if Grant is the man to turn it round, I personally don't believe he is. But that call is best left with Thomas and his expertise.

I disagree that the first quarter will be too late for promotion as Dundee turned it round after the 1st Quarter and went up but I would say automatic promotion would be unlikely in the extreme.

Automatic promotion/title was gone the second Peter Grant signed his contract.

We could scrape another Top 4 but we aren’t going to be promoted.

What was noticeable as well before a ball was kicked on Saturday was the general apathy around the place. There wasn’t that buzz you sense at EEP at all. Just total drawl and that sort of acceptance that we are in for a bad performance and just hoping for the best. It makes me sad just how bad things have got the past couple seasons after it appeared we were moving in the right place, especially in 2018. Crowds were great, good buzz about East End and a proper “togetherness” Absolutely nothing of the sorts at the club now. It’s so depressing.