Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Got to wonder how you get rid of Grant - doubt he’s cheap and he definitely isn’t resigning this is surely his last shot at management.

The same way you get rid of any manager.  Pay up and hand over the p45.

Aye, it costs money,  but we’ve used that excuse before and ended up worse off through low crowds and dropped prize money than a compensation package ever would do.   

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Would be nice if we actual.opened the job up for aplicants and then actually interviewed a number of candidates.Something we've not done in over 6 years.

We did what you've done once; held no interviews and we appointed our just retired captain, and we got relegated.

Edit - Moyes to United was a high profile example of the same type of thing.

Edited by TheScarf

27 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Got to wonder how you get rid of Grant - doubt he’s cheap and he definitely isn’t resigning this is surely his last shot at management.

Maybe, but given that he thought his CV which consisted of “got Alloa relegated” blew everyone out the water, I doubt Peter Grant sees it that way.

And there’s almost certainly another chairman out there daft enough to give him a shot. 

1 hour ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I’d guarantee he was cheap. It’s one of the main reasons he was appointed.

Hiring Peter Grant for a lot of money when he was unemployed and achieved nothing in the game would be bordering on corruption.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We've conceded 8 league goals in 3 games, there's no run of games in this league where that's acceptable. This is not going to come good, get fucking rid.

We’ve lost 3 games in a row by 3 or more 4 times in 25 years(that’s as far back as COWS goes, I cba looking further back)

once under Calderwood,  which included 2 games vs Celtic.

Once under Kenny,  often brought up as the worst spell in modern times

Once under McIntyre when we were clearly out of our depth in the SPL.

The current shitstorm.

Thats it.  

The board can either pay him out his contract, which won’t be that dear as he won’t be on an awful lot more than what Alloa were paying him, or they can sit back watch crowds drop to about 2k every Saturday.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The board can either pay him out his contract, which won’t be that dear as he won’t be on an awful lot more than what Alloa were paying him, or they can sit back watch crowds drop to about 2k every Saturday.

Not attending games will spark the Board into action far quicker than folk shouting mean things at them inside EEP.

I promise I’ll go buy a ST if they sack Grant and hire Petrie before Christmas.

Reading Paul Watson's post match interview gives a truer version of what the reality is at the moment.

Describes the team as 'all over the place''. 

PG harps on about our league cup form but Watson points out that they were lesser teams. 

PG tried the Covid excuse, but Watson says that training was no different. Said that they prepared for the game the same but it's just not working.

Get a sense from that interview that Watson is not impressed with Grant. On being asked about 3 or 4 at the back he highlights ''it's not me that picks it. It's completely down to the manager. It's his decisions and he decides what go out and try to do''. Sounds more to that answer than him responding to the question.

Edited by Chubbychops

The Nisbet situation could go a long way to determine why happens with Grant. 

£1mil+ from Hibs and it’s “fire at will” for Grant. Without that? It’s either pay him off and promote from within or seek a handout from a director and is that really the business model we want to see?

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

£1mil+ from Hibs and it’s “fire at will” for Grant. Without that? It’s either pay him off and promote from within or seek a handout from a director and is that really the business model we want to see?

That is certainly the hope, and not them giving him funds to spend on more centre-halves. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Quite frankly whomever had a hand in the decision to bring him in should stump up the cash to release him from his contract. This should not reflect on our budget, given how awful a decision it was. 

If Grant isn't sacked today then I really don't know what to say. We have Paul Watson, on the club's official website, stating the following: "If I was out there I would have booed as well. It wasn’t good enough and as I said I just felt that the team was just all over the place".

He then goes on to state Grant is talking pish about Covid being a factor for the defeat a few paragraphs later, and that he was only playing yesterday because Ross Graham/Leon Jones/Rhys Breen have Covid symptoms or are having to isolate. We then leave our best right back on the bench for the entire 90 minutes, which is just baffling.

The warning signs are there in plain text, the board can't seriously read that interview from a player and think Grant can turn this around - he's lost the dressing room.

18 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

iT SEEMS OBVIOUS FROM WHAT DAFC FANS ARE SAYING ON HERE, COMBINED WITH RESULTS THAT GRANT HAS LOST THE DRESSING ROOM, HARD TO SEE YOU GUYS COMING BACK FROM THIS.....GET RID!! 

WHOEVER TAKES OVER HAS A REALLY BIG JOB ON THEIR HANDS MANAGING THE BIGGEST TEAM IN FIFE

FTFY