Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

As much as Meggle agreed to the Grant appointment, I find it hard to believe that he suggested the appointment. 

McArthur and co need to stay away from footballing decision from now on. Think we have far too many folk in the board room to be honest, some need cut loose.

Give the only football man on the board free reign to find the next manager.

Thought one of the articles mentioned he’d been at our game at Alloa early last season and had been impressed by Alloa. Can only presume he was hammered. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Who on earth is going to take on the duties of the folk that get punted? If you were to do that you would need a Chief Exec and more staff.

I get that the football is atrocious but let's take a breath

I'm not saying get rid of all of them but we have just had another 3 new members join the board, when we already have McArthur, Hunter, McBay, Braisby, Leishman, Garmory and Main. No sure how they all fit in the boardroom. Is 10 board members normal for a company the size of DAFC?

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I'm not saying get rid of all of them but we have just had another 3 new members join the board, when we already have McArthur, Hunter, McBay, Braisby, Leishman, Garmory and Main. No sure how they all fit in the boardroom. Is 10 board members normal for a company the size of DAFC?

The existing, bar Leish are all pretty hands on which isn't typical of a company the size of Dunfermline.

The 3 new directors because they aren't here week to week can't take on the duties of a typical week and have different skills which was the forte and therefore not as significant in the previous regime.

15 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Tell me something what has Petrie done at Montrose nothing. 

Aye, he's only taken them to their highest league position in over 25 years and matched it three seasons running, having won a trophy for the first time in over 30 years.

You continue to be the thickest poster on this whole website.

Heard stories of the chairman asking the stewards to remove certain people from the main stand, as they were being too negative/vocal. He keeps telling us that he used to sit in the north west, I can’t imagine how he’d react if he was back there now…

It was a fella who I see at every home and away game. He is a proper diehard and was rightfully venting his anger.

Kim Jong McArthur got a steward to shut him down and was rightfully told to f off.

Him and the other proper diehards will be the only ones left. Club is a million miles away from the one I fell in love with in the 90s.

Aye, he's only taken them to their highest league position in over 25 years and matched it three seasons running, having won a trophy for the first time in over 30 years.
You continue to be the thickest poster on this whole website.

Just ignore him: he’s a puddle-drinker.

It was a fella who I see at every home and away game. He is a proper diehard and was rightfully venting his anger.

Kim Jong McArthur got a steward to shut him down and was rightfully told to f off.

Him and the other proper diehards will be the only ones left. Club is a million miles away from the one I fell in love with in the 90s.

Assume it’s Davy Crowe, going by what you’ve said. Very passionate man. But the club needs fans who care like him. Trying to shut down negativity, when we’re getting pumped 3-0 at home to Arbroath (could/should have been more as well) is not a wise move. If he’d been in other stands, I can guarantee the abuse/criticisms of the team/manager/board would have been much worse.

He’s made a right mess of the managerial appointment and needs to correct it. Removing loyal, passionate fans because they are voicing displeasure at a pathetic performance is just going to drive fans away, and will certainly not fix any of the issues we currently have.

I can’t say I’m surprised though, based on what I’ve heard from previous players/employees about our chairman.

45 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That’s nonsense. He over stepped the mark with his outburst. The main stand is full of young kids. They shouldn’t have to witness that sort of behaviour. By all means vent your frustration, but not like that.  

32 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Assume it’s Davy Crowe, going by what you’ve said. Very passionate man. But the club needs fans who care like him. Trying to shut down negativity, when we’re getting pumped 3-0 at home to Arbroath (could/should have been more as well) is not a wise move. If he’d been in other stands, I can guarantee the abuse/criticisms of the team/manager/board would have been much worse.

He’s made a right mess of the managerial appointment and needs to correct it. Removing loyal, passionate fans because they are voicing displeasure at a pathetic performance is just going to drive fans away, and will certainly not fix any of the issues we currently have.

I can’t say I’m surprised though, based on what I’ve heard from previous players/employees about our chairman.

Couldn’t hear any booing where I was sitting. Maybe the chairman could have sat beside us.

2 minutes ago, kdypar said:

That’s nonsense. He over stepped the mark with his outburst. The main stand is full of young kids. They shouldn’t have to witness that sort of behaviour. By all means vent your frustration, but not like that.  

Post null and void after saying the main stand is full of young kids. Don’t talk shite.

What did he say or do that was out of line? I didn’t hear/see anything, so am genuinely curious. I’ve also never seen very many young kids in the main stand. Our family section is in the Norrie. If you don’t like bad language at the football, that’s maybe the section to take the kids to. If he’s done/said anything ridiculously out of line though, that’s a different story.

If anyone fancies a game of 7s a Pitreavie let me know a few of our regular players stopped during the pandemic. 

It's not a league or anything particularly competitive, 7-8 on Sundays £3.

Feel free to drop me a PM if anyone is interested.

Not sure what he was saying as he was just ranting. But the manner of his outburst isn’t going to be tolerated in 2021. There’s a clear code of conduct that all fans need to abide by. He overstepped the mark and was rightly spoken to. 

Not sure what he was saying as he was just ranting. But the manner of his outburst isn’t going to be tolerated in 2021. There’s a clear code of conduct that all fans need to abide by. He overstepped the mark and was rightly spoken to. 

But what did he do that broke this code of conduct? That’s what we’re asking you. Were there any personal attacks? Was he threatening anyone? Or was it just a typical long incoherent rant, which happens every week and hasn’t been an issue until yesterday?

20 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Ranting won't be tolerated in 2021? Really?

I've never read the fans code of conduct either, so it can't be that clear.