Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If Petrie was an option would he not have been appointed instead of Grant earlier in the summer?

No-one was interviewed or head-hunted for the job apart from Grant. He was the number one choice from the get-go. It’s madness.

Petrie would jump at the Pars job btw. Not claiming to be ITK but you can take it how you want. It won’t happen, however. I believe we won’t be able to spend an awful lot on paying off Grant and buying out Petrie’s contract. I think we are stuck with Grant tbh. The board have went all in with this dud and never consider if (lol if) it would go tits up. Long old season ahead lads.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

No-one was interviewed or head-hunted for the job apart from Grant. He was the number one choice from the get-go. It’s madness.

That is madness. If that is the case there is no way he will be gone anytime soon imo. It also wouldn’t leave me with much confidence that whoever is in charge would make the right appointment next time round either.

Decided to take the wee man to his first game today and he absolutely hated every minute of it (maybe the NW wasn’t the best idea). The atmosphere at games is only going to get more poisonous as the weeks go on, the crowds are already shite & they’ll get worse. Wouldn’t even bet on us to beat Elgin next week, it’s an absolute travesty if he isn’t relieved of his duties on Monday morning.

10 minutes ago, OwenDAFC said:

Decided to take the wee man to his first game today and he absolutely hated every minute of it (maybe the NW wasn’t the best idea). The atmosphere at games is only going to get more poisonous as the weeks go on, the crowds are already shite & they’ll get worse. Wouldn’t even bet on us to beat Elgin next week, it’s an absolute travesty if he isn’t relieved of his duties on Monday morning.

That’s tragic.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's precisely the point. I don't think he is an option, given he wants to stay part time by every account I've ever seen on the matter.

I think we've got the best chance than any other full time club(unless someone with a crap load of cash offers him a job, but those clubs wouldn't likely be interested),  however the only thing we can offer other clubs can't is that he'll get more time due to his playing days and he might get all misty eyed about that time and take a chance with us.  Probably not enough,  but its certainly worth having that conversation with him.

That is madness. If that is the case there is no way he will be gone anytime soon imo. It also wouldn’t leave me with much confidence that whoever is in charge would make the right appointment next time round either.

That’s pretty much spot on tbh. They have went all in with this clown and I really can’t see him being binned. The only hope is that they swallow their pride, admit mistakes were made and relieve him of his duties, a la Stubbs with St Mirren.

The NW was absolutely poisonous. Haven’t felt like this since the dark Kenny days. Just a total clown in charge, way out his depth with the players clearly downing tools as soon as they concede.

The crowd of <3000 should concern the club even more than the result. How low will they allow numbers to dip before they realise what a massive error they’ve made with this appointment?

Can you imagine what it will be like when AJ is pumping us with his Queens team on a freezing December afternoon? Atmosphere won’t be toxic at least but that’s only because even the diehard fans will have found something better to do.

Get rid ASAP, issue a mea culpa and actually put some work into getting the supporters back on side. Just half-heartedly asking fans to buy STs out of sheer loyalty doesn’t cut it any more. We can’t be expected to keep covering for the poor running of our club, especially when we’ve abandoned the owned by the fans schtick.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Feel like the first quarter is what he will be given, but he can't afford many more abject performances.

As for the recruitment process I agree very strange as the last time we ran a proper campaign we appointment the perfect man for the job and yet both Crawford and Grant have been brought in too quickly without testing the field.

How can a man who's been involved around football for so many years be so inept and blind to the obvious when building a squad.

He came in saying that he knew where we needed improvement. If he did, he would see that goalkeeper and midfield were serious issues last season. Somehow he has gone on to make both areas worse (and lot more expensive). It was clear as day to regular punter like me that the midfielders he's signed would never compete physically with teams in this division.  If he wanted to play with two in the central midfield then Pybus, Cole and Dorrans a clearly not the type of players to do battle in there. It's frightening how this guy thinks telling them to win battles will change who they are as a footballer.

The goalkeeper. A guy who has played very few games in his 28 years and we can all see why. How much scouting went into that signing? 

We have wide options and strikers that are easily good enough to challenge at the top end of this league, but all means nothing if there's no foundation to build from. Twice yesterday we came close to scoring, but pretty much lost a goal straight after. It's like a hot knife through butter when attacking us.

The defence from day one has been a mess and it only looks like it getting worse. Grant has pointed out the poor defending since the opening friendlies. I see enough there to get at least a competitive back line together, but still we seem to be going backwards. It's scary how fragile they still are. Can't remember aPars defence looking so disorganised, what the hell are they working on during the week?

I genuinely think we have blown it here. The budget has been spent and the team if just not near fit for purpose. All the attacking options mean nothing when the keeper, defence and central midfield are in such a terrible state.  Even if we sack Grant, the new manager is stuck with the imbalanced squad. An imbalanced squad that even joe public was calling out pre-season. Utterly depressing. 

‘I find this thread quite sickening, it is nothing but a personal attack on Ross McArthur. If certain people think they can do as much for the pars..........then post your names here please.!‘

Took this wee gem from dot net when a poster requested a board statement  for yesterday’s atrocity. The board are responsible for appointing shitey managers I’m afraid to say, regardless of whether they’re ‘a pars man’ or not. Apathy is sky high at the moment. Crowds will continue to drop and the board will come under immense pressure. There’s no coming back from yesterday for PG I’m afraid. 

Heard stories of the chairman asking the stewards to remove certain people from the main stand, as they were being too negative/vocal. He keeps telling us that he used to sit in the north west, I can’t imagine how he’d react if he was back there now…

16 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Even if we sack Grant, the new manager is stuck with the imbalanced squad.

Feel like Wilson and Martin if they can get to the levels we know they can help the squad, but yes we don't have a goalkeeper capable of winning the league and you're probably right the budget will be spent

As much as Meggle agreed to the Grant appointment, I find it hard to believe that he suggested the appointment. 

McArthur and co need to stay away from footballing decision from now on. Think we have far too many folk in the board room to be honest, some need cut loose.

Give the only football man on the board free reign to find the next manager.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Think we have far to many folk in the board room to be honest, some need cut loose

Who on earth is going to take on the duties of the folk that get punted? If you were to do that you would need a Chief Exec and more staff.

I get that the football is atrocious but let's take a breath

There probably is money, I am guessing the Rangers game will contribute at least £200k to the coffers which wouldn't havde been forecast. Against that you have the expense of the floodlight replacement (£100k was mentioned?)  so there is some cash around I suspect.