Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

In terms of who we’d want, Petrie tops the list, they’ll be a few others who will be worth seeking out.

In terms of who would be an improvement on this clown, the usual list of out of work guys, shields/Whittaker being kept on, me, most of the posters on this website, any amateur or non-league manager who’ll take it.  Any of the Joke suggestions opposition fans make, Anyone who has played football, anyone who has watched football, someone who has never watched/played or even heard of football.  It’s fucking bad m8.

You missed oot......aw, naw ye didnae.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

In terms of who we’d want, Petrie tops the list, they’ll be a few others who will be worth seeking out.

In terms of who would be an improvement on this clown, the usual list of out of work guys, shields/Whittaker being kept on, me, most of the posters on this website, any amateur or non-league manager who’ll take it.  Any of the Joke suggestions opposition fans make, Anyone who has played football, anyone who has watched football, someone who has never watched/played or even heard of football.  It’s fucking bad m8.

David Hopkin and Jim Duffy are free to a good home.

If we play anything like we did when McIntyre was first here, I’d be all for it. However, he has had some, erm, shaky spells since then…

Petrie would be the ideal man, but it won’t happen. Grant will get until Christmas where we will be lingering near the bottom until he is finally given the bullet.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we play anything like we did when McIntyre was first here, I’d be all for it. However, he has had some, erm, shaky spells since then…

Petrie would be the ideal man, but it won’t happen. Grant will get until Christmas where we will be lingering near the bottom until he is finally given the bullet.

Never mind near the bottom, he stays til Xmas and we’ll be in 10th and asking for a miracle to even get the chance to save ourselves in a playoff.

Just now, weetoonlad said:

Tell me something what has Petrie done at Montrose nothing. 

Did he not take them from the League Two relegation play off to the League one promotion play off in 3 years?

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If Petrie was an option would he not have been appointed instead of Grant earlier in the summer?

That's precisely the point. I don't think he is an option, given he wants to stay part time by every account I've ever seen on the matter.

Just now, TheScarf said:

That's precisely the point. I don't think he is an option, given he wants to stay part time by every account I've ever seen on the matter.

Yeap, considering the job he has done I don’t believe for a second that no full time team has asked the question when they have had to look for a new manager.

21 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeap, considering the job he has done I don’t believe for a second that no full time team has asked the question when they have had to look for a new manager.

Exactly. He’s been the outstanding candidate for any full time club for a couple of seasons now and there are plenty of full time teams who have fired and hired. If he wanted to manage full time I imagine he’d be doing it by now. I think he’s pretty well tied down at Montrose, it wouldn’t be a cheap exercise punting Grant and hiring Petrie. I think unless there’s some German left field appointment we’re looking more at a Yogi Hughes type coming in.