Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 23/08/2021 at 19:12, embow said:

Following on from the Rovers' statement issued today regarding what caused Friday's problem, I hope that roaster of a fan who had his letter published in today's Courier is now suitably embarrassed. No mention of your new floodlights and electronic ticketing etc. Only RRFC referenced, supposedly thinking it is bigger than it should be. Obviously fully infused with the 'wee team' mentality nonsense. He even tried to disguise his DAFC allegiance by declaring that the match experience was far superior at Central Park! You have to wonder what hole the like of that crawls out of..... Ah! His address?  Nothing like giving Rosyth a bad name!😊

Yer Da vibes off the scale with this post, including the passive aggressive smiley at the end.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Here’s hoping we don’t end up with any postponements/re-arranged games any time soon, meaning we have to play an evening game…

We shouldn't need them until the 18th September so hopefully it's all done and tested by then, although Brexit is still causing havoc in supply chains so let's hope there isn't a delay.

Just now, JFPar said:

What's the score with our floodlights? We got new ones in recent years but they actually don't all work and now need completely redone? 

Think it goes back to masterton era electical work that’s been discovered that is seemingly a total mess.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

What's the score with our floodlights? We got new ones in recent years but they actually don't all work and now need completely redone? 

They weren't providing enough illumination for the grade of stadium that we want to have can't remember if that's gold and there is a platinum level or if we are silver and gold is as high as you can get.

The pylons are staying just the lights that are being changed.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

If there are any issues, surely games could be brought forward to 1pm kick offs, obviously with a few days notice?

Or is that too sensible?

We'll just groundshare with Raith. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Think it goes back to masterton era electical work that’s been discovered that is seemingly a total mess.

Ah right, as long back as that. I must've dreamt that we'd had them updated a few years back.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

The pylons are staying just the lights that are being changed.

Cheers. Glad that is the case, our pylons are quite iconic for me.

8 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Ah right, as long back as that. I must've dreamt that we'd had them updated a few years back.

Cheers. Glad that is the case, our pylons are quite iconic for me.

My understanding(which could be wrong) is we got funding a season or two ago to upgrade, and during that upgrade we uncovered the electrical problems. Making it a bigger and more expensive job.

I recall being at a supporters council meeting one night and RM mentioned that we were due to be a stadium hosting the Woman's World Cup/European Championships and as a result we'd be getting new floodlights and a scoreboard. Potentially that's what I'm thinking of.

I’ll accept maybe I’m missing something…but what the f**k is Grant talking about here in the piece on OS about Lewis Martin?

We don’t know if someone has changed mentally or physically, maybe your heart rate changes in that period of time. You just need to be very careful. 

“Look at the case of Christian Eriksen when his heart rate got too quick — that’s just an example of why you must monitor everything the players do and make sure you are doing the right things, based on how they are responding to every type of training.”

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’ll accept maybe I’m missing something…but what the f**k is Grant talking about here in the piece on OS about Lewis Martin?

We don’t know if someone has changed mentally or physically, maybe your heart rate changes in that period of time. You just need to be very careful. 

“Look at the case of Christian Eriksen when his heart rate got too quick — that’s just an example of why you must monitor everything the players do and make sure you are doing the right things, based on how they are responding to every type of training.”

Assume Martin had heart trouble which has kept him out? Does seem to down play the Eriksen situation though.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Assume Martin had heart trouble which has kept him out? Does seem to down play the Eriksen situation though.

Has that been made public before? It’s a serious thing to just chat about in a press conference and I’d never heard that Martin had heart problems before.

I also thought the issue with Eriksen was his heart stopped. Kinda scary to compare the two.