Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Had absolutely no idea this was happening otherwise I would have been.

That must have been well advertised…

Think it was invite only. 

f**k me. I was expecting to be ecstatic about the fans being allowed back in. Particularly as it's been a quick jump from some to all fans back, I thought there was going to be an extremely exciting build-up to the first big one. Yet here we are, just over a week from a restrictionless visit to Stark's and it's just a bit.. underwhelming. 

It's incredible how much a shite start develops almost sheer apathy towards the football. A win/decent showing at Ibrox would work wonders, right enough. 

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You're going to finish comfortably in the promotion play-offs.

Grant has been very clear that he’s going for the title so I’d have to consider finishing lower than 2nd a failure tbh.

4th place means absolutely nothing, especially when no side finishing there has even won the first play-off tie.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Based on?... 

As things stand Partick and Killie seem in a much better place, while Inverness also had a very good summer. 

You seem very Dundee-y this season - a good Championship squad but a fucking shite manager, but the squad quality will counter that enough.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Grant has been very clear that he’s going for the title so I’d have to consider finishing lower than 2nd a failure tbh.

4th place means absolutely nothing, especially when no side finishing there has even won the first play-off tie.

That was very naive of him to say that, given the reason I gave above.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

You seem very Dundee-y this season - a good Championship squad but a fucking shite manager, but the squad quality will counter that enough.

That was very naive of him to say that, given the reason I gave above.

it isnt naive at all when you look at the full interviews and comments which can be long but there is far more to what was said than just one line that people keep selecting.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Think you can say that about our attacking options, but not the rest of the team. 

40 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Out of interest, what groups are they meeting and what are they discussing?

From what I know they have met/ are meeting Stadium Maintenance, Former Players, CC Lifeline, PST, DAHT & Young Pars although because of the nature of who are the trustees and committee members of the above I'm sure there is much more folk represented.

All I've been told is it's an introduction following up from zoom calls.

1 hour ago, The Great Cornholio said:

it isnt naive at all when you look at the full interviews and comments which can be long but there is far more to what was said than just one line that people keep selecting.

Are you Peter Grant’s son or something? 

He said his aim was to win the league. He didn’t say “but we’d settle for top four” or anything like that so I think it’s been repeated in a fair enough context.

If you feel otherwise then share the quotes and maybe change people’s opinions.

Edited by Cardle is Magic