Walking Down The Halbeath Road

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, you aren't. He actually totally misses the ball after swinging at it with his right foot, and it hits the inside of his left leg and goes in to the net.

He wasn't the only one at fault there. Thistle smash a long ball from well inside their own half. Comrie headers it clear to Macdonald, who gets dispossessed far too easily. They pass it back then pass inside to Cammy Smith, who is allowed to run in to the box and put the ball across the goal almost unchallenged by Cole, with Cole making no effort to stop the ball across the goal.

Horrible defending with three guys at fault, all from an aimless long ball.

For the first I first thought that no one tracked the run of Docherty. Not true. He actually stands still and absolutely no one bothers to mark him. When the corner is put in he takes two steps forward and, remaining utterly unchallenged and unmarked, has an easy header.

For the second Graham, Dorrans and Watson are standing just behind the penalty spot with two Thistle players, one of whom is Holt. When the corner is put in, Dorrans stands still and Graham and Watson both follow the same Thistle player. Holt simply runs to the back post and has a totally unmarked header in to a totally unguarded net, as Mehmet appears to have hands made of smoke since he flaps at the ball and it goes right through him.

Three desperately poor goals to concede, all easily preventable and down to abysmal defending.

Todorov attemted to mark him after that but looking at the 2nd goal he didnt even bother there either. a different issue, no one on the back post has it gone out of fashion?

Watson was on Holt or meant to be, not the last time he will lose his man far too easily at a set piece. 

Guest Axle Grease
46 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

emoji848.png

I told you, fuckin mental. 

Not got my ticket yet, the lure is not strong, but arm twisting 😂

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We don’t have a home game until the 28th August so there’s no rush but I’d imagine it’s just a formality.

Decent, canny wait to be frothing at the mouth in utter rage, walking along the Halbeath Road on Saturday at 4.50 again it’s been too long 😍

Todorov attemted to mark him after that but looking at the 2nd goal he didnt even bother there either. a different issue, no one on the back post has it gone out of fashion?
Watson was on Holt or meant to be, not the last time he will lose his man far too easily at a set piece. 

Shouldn’t even be too hard for defenders to not lose their man at a corner. Defenders have so much freedom to literally hold a striker in place without the ref blowing for a penalty.

Not saying we should be fouling players as not to lose them, but defenders more or less have a free pass to be able to track their man by just having an arm on him.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’ll be watching Brentford vs Arsenal and enjoying my evening.

As will I, before the season started I reckoned Dunfermline could go for promotion while Brentford will probably still go down, I might be utterly wrong about the Pars so hopefully Brentford surprise me. 

Mad idea, but maybe dropping a defender that has been poor every game he has played so far and move our best defender to the position he plays might help?

Gaspuitis and Breen will be perplexed if neither start ahead of Graham on Friday.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As will I, before the season started I reckoned Dunfermline could go for promotion while Brentford will probably still go down, I might be utterly wrong about the Pars so hopefully Brentford surprise me. 

I think they’ll finish 13th/14th. Probably not as good as Wolves or Leeds but they’ll be better than Newcastle, Watford, Norwich, Brighton & Palace.

At the very least, it’s a new team in the division which should be fun.

10 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Makes no real difference. Whether we’re allowed 5k or 11k, the available tickets will not sell out.

You’ve got the wrong end of the tooter here chief. I’ve been holding off on buying a season ticket until I know I’ll actually get in to see the games. I’ll be surprised if there’s not more than 5k at EEP a few times this season if the powers that be allow it. 

1 minute ago, JFPar said:

Possibly doesn't matter for East End but we could potentially take 2500-3000 to Starks next week, do Raith not have about 2000 home fans? Likely that could hit the 5000 mark.

With the game on BBC, I doubt it will reach 5k. I suspect us to apply for permission or whatever they call it just in case tho 

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Possibly doesn't matter for East End but we could potentially take 2500-3000 to Starks next week, do Raith not have about 2000 home fans? Likely that could hit the 5000 mark.

I was going to laugh off the idea we could bring 2500 but I suppose it would be the first away game in 18 months.

49 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I was going to laugh off the idea we could bring 2500 but I suppose it would be the first away game in 18 months.

Aye that's purely what I'm going on. Was forgetting it was on the telly so that may have an impact but I'm sure most will be itching to get to an away game, especially a derby.

Regardless of how long it's been, I think we would struggle to even get have of that 2500 figure. 

On T.V, very slow response to go the first home game and likely to be going into this off the back of two heavy defeats.

The Partick game has been such a kick in the sack after all the big talk pre-season.

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I honestly cant see where our first win comes from right now, unless we go 442, ditch the clown shoes on loan defender and play Wighton where he's been most dangerous.

4-4-2 would mean dropping either Todorov, Wighton or O’Hara. It would’ve been nice to see a 4-3-3 formation but there’s not enough tenacity or bite in midfield and too much of an imbalance in the squad which would mean we’d have 3 wingers sitting on their jacksi. 

4-1-3-2 seems to be the only decent formation I can make from the pool of players we’ve got.

The 5 at the back needs thrown in to the sea immediately. I fear, however, that Grant is going to continue to deploy it. He has signed a few centre halves to fit that system, yet still plays Comrie as one, which is quite odd.