Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's definitely true that Peter Grant's CV speaks for itself and he didn't have to bother submitting it, but I'm not sure he made that point from the correct perspective.

You really drove up and down the street looking for that punchline.

3 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

That was a disgrace of a performance, not a single positive can be taken from it

You'll win your next league match, so that's a positive. We are a stick on for automatic relegation with rubbish like Berra, Connolly and Zanatta in the team. Absolute poison. 

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You'll win your next league match, so that's a positive. We are a stick on for automatic relegation with rubbish like Berra, Connolly and Zanatta in the team. Absolute poison. 

Thank you.   Pretty down about our performance today,  but the idea you guys will help make sure we can achieve a play off spot at minimum is helpful.

Pity it’s to avoid league 1 tho.

Edited by parsforlife

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

ThanK you.   Pretty down about our performance today,  but the idea you guys will help make sure we can achieve a play off spot at minimum is helpful.

Pity it’s to avoid league 1 tho.

I expect you'll win by at least a couple of goals. So much so I'm just going to watch it on TV rather than waste my time attending in person. 

If we're going to back four I'd bring in Gaspuitis, Graham drops behind Breen in the pecking order after his performances... As for the bloke we've just signed? I've no idea, an utter waste of a wage unless he can play as a cdm. 

Mehmet 

Comrie - Watson - Gaspuitis - Edwards 

Kennedy - Pybus* - Dorrans - Thomas

Wighton 

O'Hara

Pybus in at centre mid the now, Wilson when he's back fit takes his place, no idea where Cole is meant to fit in, another waste of a wage. 

Upfront is competetive, could make a case for any of the front three to be starting at any point I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we're going to back four I'd bring in Gaspuitis, Graham drops behind Breen in the pecking order after his performances... As for the bloke we've just signed? I've no idea, an utter waste of a wage unless he can play as a cdm. 

Graham drops behind Breen, gasputis, Jones, Whittaker, shields, me and my gran.  He’s been fucking hopeless when asked to defend, and even his seemingly good ball playing attributes are quickly falling apart.  Regardless of formation he shouldn’t be playing.

An absolutely wretched performance today. The only positive was Ryan Dow coming on as a sub. Nothing apart from that.

A lot of us were absolutely against Peter Grant getting the job, and I have no doubt that his appointment cost the club quite a lot of season tickets. He might come good, but it isn't looking that way so far. Obviously I hope he does, but I have my doubts. Unsure why anyone said his Alloa team played good football last season. To me, you need to win to play good football (although you can play shite and win mind; my point is that winning is a prerequisite of 'good' football). Grant and his Alloa team won 5 league last season, the 5th being against us when we rested quite a few players for the playoffs in the very last game of the season. The club said he interviewed 'well', and I am not inclined to doubt that. However, I imagine a lot of us on here could interview 'well'. My impression is that he was the first guy they interviewed and thought he would do. I think they didn't bother to interview anyone else, as they thought (inexplicably) that they had 'their man'. The German lads don't get a pass on this, as 3 of them were on the board. Peter Grant strikes me as a total Taser Face of a manager. I hope I'm wrong and he gleefully gets it right up the many fans who have doubted him. I'd happily gorge on humble pie if that happened. He said he's entertain the fans, but so far he's only really entertained the away fans in the two league games.

We haven't kept a single clean sheet under Grant. It's all good and well playing an expansive formation against dross like Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton, but the warning signs were there against St Mirren and even Partick Thistle in the league cup group stage. Last week we were terrible, but grabbed a draw. The formation didn't work at all. We could barely string passes together and our central midfield was just puzzling. It was weak and disjointed and couldn't keep the ball. We punted the ball loads too. A big striker, Ugwu, terrorised out defence, especially Graham. When we have a central back 3 and someone runs at them, it seems like they don't know to do. Happened today with Rudden and Graham, especially Rudden in the first half. We again struggled with possession in the middle of the pitch. There were times we just needed someone to stop and look around, but that isn't Thomas' game, and Dorrans hasn't done it yet. Thomas should never be a central midfielder or, worse, a free role Zidane type. He's a winger, so fucking play him as one. We really need Wilson back, but who does he play with? Both Cole and Dorrans have looked rank so far. Ironically a good option was playing against us today (Turner). We have no balance in the centre of the pitch.

Which brings us to the biggest issues, heavily hinted at above. The formation. I fucking it when some formations become popular and jobber managers think they fancy it. The 3-5-2/5-3-2 is quite the thing in international football just now, but those players are the best of their country, and not Scottish Championship players. You can't expect to crowbar players in to a formation and for it to work. You need to sign the players for that formation, and drill them on it. We don't have the players against Championship teams. Against League 1 teams it looked great, but it hasn't worked against teams a level above. As noted before, what is our central midfield?! The back three has a total jobber and right back in it. They aren't skilled enough to pass it around when pressured. AJ tried this formation, and whilst it worked for one game (2-3 at Tannadice), it was very quickly exposed and, because he signed players for that formation, when he changed back to 4-4-2, he struggled, and ultimately it was a big part of him being punted. 

Also, if we're signing players because they are left or right footed and therefore can only play in the right or left of a central defence, then we're signing the wrong players. It's fine to have a stronger/dominant foot, but it is absolutely unacceptable to have players who are can't use their 'other' foot, or are so uncomfortable doing so that they can't pass with it (or aren't confident enough to try it). What utter prehistoric pish. It's 2021. Any c**t who is one footed is simply lazy. It takes 20/30 minutes of work a day to practice with your weaker foot. That's all. Any player too lazy to do so needs to f**k off. It's unreal how widely accepted this bullshit is. No one is asking for or expecting every player to be brilliant with both feet, but we absolutely should expect full time players to be able to comfortably pass the ball with both feet.

We need to settle the f**k down. Send Graham back to Dundee United. He is nowhere near good enough. Why is he starting before Gaspuitis?! Vytas should be starting every game. Him and Watson should be the central pairing as part of a back 4. Vytas has looked solid in every game he's played for us, and he's and experience international player. Why the f**k is he behind a shite LOAN player?!!!

Craig Wighton, our best striker, should be starting almost every game. Todorov is a good player and a good signing, but no way he should be in before Wighton. Either start Wighton and Todorov, start Wighton and O'Hara, or start just Wighton alone. Don't give me the pish about a small and big guy, or bollocks about 'holding play up' or, even worse, 'winning flick ons'. Todorov flicked the ball on a few times right to the Thistle defence, because he was the furthest guy forward.

The captaincy changed arms twice today. When Thomas was subbed it went to Comrie, and when Comrie was subbed it went to Watson. That's an issue. Give it to Watson for f**k sake, and reinstate Dow as VC.

P.S. Is the East End Bounce now in the business of censoring criticism? I noticed there was a thread on there called 'Fans moaning' which was a rant about fans questioning the performances and the manager, and also noted my post on here asking questions about the finances of the club. Apparently some folk were saying that the club were spending irresponsibly, or something to that effect. Either way (*), that thread was deleted from the EEB forum. Very .net behaviour. I still haven't heard anything about the (what I thought were at least) reasonable questions about the club finances. Worth noting that they posted a huge loss a couple of years back that was more than all of the profits of recent years combined. There are absolutely questions to be answered and it doesn't help if folk choose to attack other fans over legitimate questions.

Talking of which, that's why I don't post there. I used to post on that site. One day I was discussing something with another member. They started in the in on the 'seething' patter, so I called them out on it and told them to f**k off with that nonsense. Turns out it was an admin, who started with the "How dare you! Do you know who am I?! You can't dare question admin" pish, then banned me for a day or 2 (can't mind the exact time) so that I could 'cool off' (code: so he could 'win' the discussion as I couldn't respond). I could not be fucked with that .net level of admin c**t behaviour, so never posted since, and won't again (but obviously still read it on occasion).

P.P.S. Folk who have 'inside knowledge' and post it here are utter rats. Just utter snitches who betray the confidence of the person who has told them stuff (or even if they've overheard it). They betray the confidence of the person they know for attention on a football forum.

Edited by DA Baracus

Wighton is our best striker. Should be the other place that is up for grabs if we aren't playing all three. 

O' Hara needs service into the box, if we aren't bothering with that, he can't play. 

Rangers -7 is the bet for Friday. 

An absolutely wretched performance today. The only positive was Ryan Dow coming on as a sub. Nothing apart from that.

A lot of us were absolutely against Peter Grant getting the job, and I have no doubt that his appointment cost the club quite a lot of season tickets. He might come good, but it isn't looking that way so far. Obviously I hope he does, but I have my doubts. Unsure why anyone said his Alloa team played good football last season. To me, you need to win to play good football (although you can play shite and win mind; my point is that winning is a prerequisite of 'good' football). Grant and his Alloa team won 5 league last season, the 5th being against us when we rested quite a few players for the playoffs in the very last game of the season. The club said he interviewed 'well', and I am not inclined to doubt that. However, I imagine a lot of us on here could interview 'well'. My impression is that he was the first guy they interviewed and thought he would do. I think they didn't bother to interview anyone else, as they thought (inexplicably) that they had 'their man'. The German lads don't get a pass on this, as 3 of them were on the board. Peter Grant strikes me as a total Taser Face of a manager. I hope I'm wrong and he gleefully gets it right up the many fans who have doubted him. I'd happily gorge on humble pie if that happened. He said he's entertain the fans, but so far he's only really entertained the away fans in the two league games.

We haven't kept a single clean sheet under Grant. It's all good and well playing an expansive formation against dross like Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton, but the warning signs were there against St Mirren and even Partick Thistle in the league cup group stage. Last week we were terrible, but grabbed a draw. The formation didn't work at all. We could barely string passes together and our central midfield was just puzzling. It was weak and disjointed and couldn't keep the ball. We punted the ball loads too. A big striker, Ugwu, terrorised out defence, especially Graham. When we have a central back 3 and someone runs at them, it seems like they don't know to do. Happened today with Rudden and Graham, especially Rudden in the first half. We again struggled with possession in the middle of the pitch. There were times we just needed someone to stop and look around, but that isn't Thomas' game, and Dorrans hasn't done it yet. Thomas should never be a central midfielder or, worse, a free role Zidane type. He's a winger, so fucking play him as one. We really need Wilson back, but who does he play with? Both Cole and Dorrans have looked rank so far. Ironically a good option was playing against us today (Turner). We have no balance in the centre of the pitch.
Which brings us to the biggest issues, heavily hinted at above. The formation. I fucking it when some formations become popular and jobber managers think they fancy it. The 3-5-2/5-3-2 is quite the thing in international football just now, but those players are the best of their country, and not Scottish Championship players. You can't expect to crowbar players in to a formation and for it to work. You need to sign the players for that formation, and drill them on it. We don't have the players against Championship teams. Against League 1 teams it looked great, but it hasn't worked against teams a level above. As noted before, what is our central midfield?! The back three has a total jobber and right back in it. They aren't skilled enough to pass it around when pressured. AJ tried this formation, and whilst it worked for one game (2-3 at Tannadice), it was very quickly exposed and, because he signed players for that formation, when he changed back to 4-4-2, he struggled, and ultimately it was a big part of him being punted. 
Also, if we're signing players because they are left or right footed and therefore can only play in the right or left of a central defence, then we're signing the wrong players. It's fine to have a stronger/dominant foot, but it is absolutely unacceptable to have players who are can't use their 'other' foot, or are so uncomfortable doing so that they can't pass with it (or aren't confident enough to try it). What utter prehistoric pish. It's 2021. Any c**t who is one footed is simply lazy. It takes 20/30 minutes of work a day to practice with your weaker foot. That's all. Any player too lazy to do so needs to f**k off. It's unreal how widely accepted this bullshit is. No one is asking for or expecting every player to be brilliant with both feet, but we absolutely should expect full time players to be able to comfortably pass the ball with both feet.

We need to settle the f**k down. Send Graham back to Dundee United. He is nowhere near good enough. Why is he starting before Gaspuitis?! Vytas should be starting every game. Him and Watson should be the central pairing as part of a back 4. Vytas has looked solid in every game he's played for us, and he's and experience international player. Why the f**k is he behind a shite LOAN player?!!!
Craig Wighton, our best striker, should be starting almost every game. Todorov is a good player and a good signing, but no way he should be in before Wighton. Either start Wighton and Todorov, start Wighton and O'Hara, or start just Wighton alone. Don't give me the pish about a small and big guy, or bollocks about 'holding play up' or, even worse, 'winning flick ons'. Todorov flicked the ball on a few times right to the Thistle defence, because he was the furthest guy forward.

The captaincy changed arms twice today. When Thomas was subbed it went to Comrie, and when Comrie was subbed it went to Watson. That's an issue. Give it to Watson for f**k sake, and reinstate Dow as VC.

P.S. Is the East End Bounce now in the business of censoring criticism? I noticed there was a thread on there called 'Fans moaning' which was a rant about fans questioning the performances and the manager, and also noted my post on here asking questions about the finances of the club. Apparently some folk were saying that the club were spending irresponsibly, or something to that effect. Either way (*), that thread was deleted from the EEB forum. Very .net behaviour. Talking of which, that's why I don't post there. I used to post on that site. One day I was discussing something with another member. They started in the in on the 'seething' patter, so I called them out on it and told them to f**k off with that nonsense. Turns out it was an admin, who started with the "How dare you! Do you know who am I?! You can't dare question admin" pish, then banned me for a day or 2 (can't mind the exact time) so that I could 'cool off' (code: so he could 'win' the discussion as I couldn't respond). I could not be fucked with that .net level of admin c**t behaviour, so never posted since, and won't again (but obviously still read it on occasion).

P.P.S. Folk who have 'inside knowledge' and post it here are utter rats. Just utter snitches who betray the confidence of the person who has told them stuff (or even if they've overheard it). They betray the confidence of the person they know for attention on a football forum.

Can't disagree with much of that tbh. If Graham is meant to be a ball playing centre half, it would help if he could pass the ball or bring it out from the back and if he can defend. Looks like he can do neither. Big Vytas might not spray passes about but he can defend. Comrie is not a centre half. MacDonald is not a wing back. Thomas is not a deep lying playmaker. Cole is not a central midfielder (he looked barely a footballer this afternoon). Keeping possession and looking to move the opposition around is great if you have the players who can then do something in the final third. That ain't happening in this league. I dread to think what the next two results will be. What a depressing start to the season.

When fans of other teams say they have bet on us winning the league; why? We appointed a guy who won five games in the league last season and saw his team comfortably relegated .

I've seen folk say we have a good squad/made good signings. Have we? I think Todorov has been a good signing. That's it. The rest have a lot to prove. Mehmet had looked suspect. Dorrans has looked inconspicuous. Graham had been awful. Pybus has done nothing and looks like he'll do nothing. Likewise Breen and Cole. Jones has yet to appear. Kennedy looked like an average jobber last season, save one excellent game at Palmerston. That was just the games of him I saw to be fair, so he might have been great in the ones that weren't on TV or a stream when he played against us.

They could all of course come good, or even some of them could, but I can't see that being enough to have us be consistent enough to challenge for the title. I hope I'm wrong and Peter Grant is DX crotch chopping in front of me after they all prove themselves to be great players.

We could sort the defence (since we have about 89 defenders), but if we are to persist with the current formation(s), where are the goal chances coming from? 

In the League Cup home games we were firing in loads of crosses, but our two league games haven't allowed that, which is no surprise given we've not only played better opposition but also teams who can read our intent like a large print book and take easy appropriate action to stop it.

Edited by DA Baracus

You know a performance is bad when it inspires one of your fans to write 1,500 words over two posts. Can’t fault your passion @DA Baracus

Peter Grant has been very up front in saying he wants Dunfermline to compete for the title. There’s every chance we’ll be 8 points off the pace after 3 games. Derby - quite stupidly I’ll admit - feels quite important.

It’s still very early days to make any sweeping judgement on players. Even if they’d have produced the two worst performances of all time, it’s still just two games. 

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

P.S. Is the East End Bounce now in the business of censoring criticism? I noticed there was a thread on there called 'Fans moaning' which was a rant about fans questioning the performances and the manager, and also noted my post on here asking questions about the finances of the club. Apparently some folk were saying that the club were spending irresponsibly, or something to that effect. Either way (*), that thread was deleted from the EEB forum. Very .net behaviour. I still haven't heard anything about the (what I thought were at least) reasonable questions about the club finances. Worth noting that they posted a huge loss a couple of years back that was more than all of the profits of recent years combined. There are absolutely questions to be answered and it doesn't help if folk choose to attack other fans over legitimate questions.

Talking of which, that's why I don't post there. I used to post on that site. One day I was discussing something with another member. They started in the in on the 'seething' patter, so I called them out on it and told them to f**k off with that nonsense. Turns out it was an admin, who started with the "How dare you! Do you know who am I?! You can't dare question admin" pish, then banned me for a day or 2 (can't mind the exact time) so that I could 'cool off' (code: so he could 'win' the discussion as I couldn't respond). I could not be fucked with that .net level of admin c**t behaviour, so never posted since, and won't again (but obviously still read it on occasion).

Agree with most of that.

Talking about the new found popularity of the EEB, from what I've seen it is just bitter old .net folk from yesteryear.

Cliquey as f**k on both forums. That Kaiser Soze is a drain on the brain cells. Destroys every thread with shite trolling.

Edited by Chubbychops

You seem to suffering potentially the same as us. Good squad but a shite manager.  Except your manager is confirmed shite, ours just looks to be heading that way.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

One reason I quit EEB is because every thread was being strangled by shite trolling from one poster. Bollocks to that, it was meant to be a nonsense-free alternative to dot net. Now, I haven't visited either for years.

EEB seems to have a core of 10 or so regular contributors. Sadly many threads are destroyed by one poster who seems to get off on being an absolute roaster. There have been several new names on EEB in the last couple of weeks - mostly refugees from the shit storm that is daft.net.

Guest Axle Grease
6 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

watching folks heads explode at the idea of 3 at the back is quite funny actually. 

Heads exploding all over the place last night. Some premium manic issues exacerbated by a poor result on display on all social media outlets.