Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Ffs, that's all we need with a 6 figure sum fixing the floodlights. Who the hell was responsible for the maintenance? Stadium manager? Very frustrating.

It's the light output that's the issue so they need to cast more light for TV coverage and the company who was going to fix it uncovered the issues but yes, since admin the stadium has been looked after by volunteers with Purvis helping out on the big stuff as far as I'm aware.

14 hours ago, The Great Cornholio said:

also the physio, the guy they announced as taking the role hasnt been at the club as far as i know and was taken off the official website listings weeks ago. Karen Gibson, ex Hearts physio, has been doing the job in the meantime so when Ross says a new physio is in place, which one

Karen has been helping out in the interim a permanent announcement will be made in due course. So perhaps Ross was alluding to that.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's the light output that's the issue so they need to cast more light for TV coverage and the company who was going to fix it uncovered the issues but yes, since admin the stadium has been looked after by volunteers with Purvis helping out on the big stuff as far as I'm aware.

It would be great if we could do up behind the north stand and away end. It's badly needing done up. 

Wonder if the club need that space for car parking? Otherwise it would be a great place for a fanzone a la Ayr United's plan for one. 

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

I meant before admin, I think anyone volunteering their time for the club in any way should be knighted.

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

it would be a great place for a fanzone a la Ayr United's plan for one. 

As somebody who follows Scotland abroad, the fanzone is a pretty standard thing at every ground I go to. Really adds to the pre-match atmosphere.

The problem with Scotland replicating it, is that you are treated like a child and they probably won't sell alcohol, then you have the issue with our crap weather during the season.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

As somebody who follows Scotland abroad, the fanzone is a pretty standard thing at every ground I go to. Really adds to the pre-match atmosphere.

The problem with Scotland replicating it, is that you are treated like a child and they probably won't sell alcohol, then you have the issue with our crap weather during the season.

There is definitely ways around that. My local has a back beer garden that gets used for outdoor gigs. They have this extendable sort of canopy that covers the crowd of it is raining. Something like that makes perfect sense. I think, like you say, the problem is that football fans in this country are treated like convicts so might not even be worth the bother. 

42 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It would be great if we could do up behind the north stand and away end. It's badly needing done up. 

Wonder if the club need that space for car parking? Otherwise it would be a great place for a fanzone a la Ayr United's plan for one. 

Yes I agree hopefully when the Germans arrive there will be a chance to put suggestions to them.

Top of my list would be a marquee for the summer months to sit on the tarmacked bus/car park also redoing the seats with rail seating in at least the Norrie and NW

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I meant before admin, I think anyone volunteering their time for the club in any way should be knighted.

Ah yes, they threw the stadium up some of the corners they cut are unbelievable for instance the undercroft in the Norrie only goes between 2/3s / half way along the stand and they filled the rest in with concrete/ rubble to save fitting out costs same with under the away end, it wouldn't have taken a genius to think it would be good to have additional space on the plot.

Forgetting of course that the redevelopment probably ruined the stadium.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

EEP is too big. A permanent reminder of the folly of asking clubs to have 10,000 seater stadiums.

Somewhere between 6,500-8000 would be more than big enough for us.

That was a brutal rule.  Presumably the only reason it was at at 10k instead of, say, 6k, was to allow more Celtic and Rangers fans in.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That was a brutal rule.  Presumably the only reason it was at at 10k instead of, say, 6k, was to allow more Celtic and Rangers fans in.

Most rules brought into force in Scottish football are to benefit two clubs.

Our TV deal is worth £20-£30 less than the Polish league because those in charge sell it like only 4 games matter all season. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy that when you treat your own “product” as sub-par, that’s the perception people will have.

Even the names of our leagues - just copying those in England - absolutely screams inferiority complex.

The days of us getting regular crowds of 12,000 are long, long gone. Halcyon days of Leishman.

If we deliver on the pitch and get back in to the Premiership and play regular, top-flight football, we'll be doing well to get an average of 6000 a game. EEP is far, far too big. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The days of us getting regular crowds of 12,000 are long, long gone. Halcyon days of Leishman.

If we deliver on the pitch and get back in to the Premiership and play regular, top-flight football, we'll be doing well to get an average of 6000 a game. EEP is far, far too big. 

If we're being honest, it was for only a few years under Leishman when we were getting such high crowds. I think over our history, regular crowds of between 4 and 6k for games against e.g. Motherwell or St Johnstone are decent and more for the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Sevco and Celtic. 

Guest Axle Grease
30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Graham Dorrans talking about Dunfermline being in the top flight “when I grew up” was distressing. 

I know we’ve been shite for a long time but it’s still a jolt when you remember we’ve had one season up there in 14 years.

Yeah, sobering thought. 

Have we under achieved, probably, but we've got to obviously earn it. Hopefully this is our year. 

Graham Dorrans talking about Dunfermline being in the top flight “when I grew up” was distressing. 
I know we’ve been shite for a long time but it’s still a jolt when you remember we’ve had one season up there in 14 years.
Got our timings way off to f**k silly money at it. Or probably shouldn't have done it at all [emoji23][emoji23]