Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

That’s assuming we are going to play 3 strikers every week in the league, I don’t think we will. In my view we have Cole, Dorrans, Wilson, Pybus, Kennedy, Allan and Thomas for the 3 positions in midfield (2 CMs and 1 in the 10 role)

missing Dow for the no10 role if want to call it that too, him and Kennedy the most suited for it.

no chance Dow as an option in a midfield 2, if its 3 then yes. i dont include Fenton and Todd in the squad so they have never been part of it but if we do sign another winger as rumoured then certainly one of Allan or McCann, if not both should go out and play.  having options is one thing but you can have too many sometimes and that can lead to problems especially with no reserve team.

Only mentioned Dow, as Grant mentioned him as a central midfielder. Agree that he would be best suited to an attacking role in a midfield 3 though, assuming we keep playing with wing backs.IMG_2156.jpg

Do we benefit from this financially or does it all go into a big pot?

We do. Every team taking part in a cup game shown on tv gets a set amount of money, depending on the round. Plus we’ll get about 40% of ticket revenue.

6 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Hopefully that game is after the next set of restrictions are released. I'm pretty sure the Rangers fans will want to get back to Ibrox in big numbers after missing out last season, could be a tasty sum of £££ for us.

Unless there’s a pause announced on Tuesday, most restrictions should be removed on Monday 9th August.

Superb interview, I expect we’ll be hearing news on the new training ground soon. Whilst he may not have always got it right on the playing side, Ross is a superb chairman and without him I don’t think we’d have been able to secure this investment.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Superb interview, I expect we’ll be hearing news on the new training ground soon. Whilst he may not have always got it right on the playing side, Ross is a superb chairman and without him I don’t think we’d have been able to secure this investment.

Main points:

- Trusts new owners are getting involved for the right reasons and reiterated that they won’t be splashing cash on new players. It’s about “future-proofing” the club. Steven Mill hinted than an interview with the Germans will be happening soon, which is definitely one to watch. They are also making plans to come over to Scotland, potentially “within a week”.

- Floodlights have been “condemned” as they weren’t installed correctly initially. Club having to fork out six-figure sum to rewire and rebulb all four pylons. Ouch. Work should be finished by September, so shouldn’t affect kick-off times as we get closer to winter.

-Club running behind ST budget, with just under 2000 sold. Had clearly anticipated the rush to get back inside EEP would have been a lot greater than it’s been. (I don’t think they understand how damaging the last couple of years of apathy have been, without adding in the uncertainty over crowds and dissatisfaction with managerial appointment)

- Couple of options for new training ground, with a final decision likely soon.

- Pars hope to have own academy back by 2022, after we leave Fife Elite.

- Ross confirms he and rest of Board will be staying on. He’s happy to stay on if new owners want him to.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Floodlights have been “condemned” as they weren’t installed correctly initially. Club having to fork out six-figure sum to rewire and rebulb all four pylons

It's taken nearly 25 years for somebody to notice this?

Surely there has been regular maintenance over that time that would've pick up on such a thing. A safety certificate would been issued after installation too. 

35 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Surely there has been regular maintenance over that time that would've pick up on such a thing. A safety certificate would been issued after installation too. 

Could be stricter standards have been brought in since installation? All I know is it’s apparently going to cost the club a fortune to sort out.

35 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

that was my first thought too, crazy.

2 other ones, Rosyth for the training ground is well known about  but i cant say ive seen/heard anything on anywhere else as possible locations, i wonder where else 🤔

also the physio, the guy they announced as taking the role hasnt been at the club as far as i know and was taken off the official website listings weeks ago. Karen Gibson, ex Hearts physio, has been doing the job in the meantime so when Ross says a new physio is in place, which one? :lol:

Guest Axle Grease
2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ffs, that's all we need with a 6 figure sum fixing the floodlights. Who the hell was responsible for the maintenance? Stadium manager? Very frustrating.

How many things have cost us money because of negligence of the previous regime, certainly a huge amount. 

1 hour ago, Axle Grease said:

How many things have cost us money because of negligence of the previous regime, certainly a huge amount. 

I've had the thought for a long time that many people within the previous regime (no longer with the club themselves) who were in WAY over their head, or just plain negligent in their duties.