Walking Down The Halbeath Road

32 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

i take it if you got the ticket email confirmation despite the error, those seats are still yours and dont have to do it again

Yes I would assume so as they still seem to be showing up on the seating plan

That's good for them. We've still done well IMO. More than 2000 was going to be a great achievement with all the uncertainty. I think you'll see a lot more people buying them after payday tbh this month. I think we could be touching 3000 possibly by end of August. Hopefully the impressive signings and positivity in the background the past week will mean more people get season tickets after they get paid. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It will quickly increase if it’s clear we can go to games and team looks decent.

Indeed, and a lot of people paid on the last day of the month. If we go back to the last day of June we didn’t have a midfield and hadn’t played any proper games. The early form, goals and good signings will get bums on seats. I’m not sure we’ll get 3000 but certainly nearer 2500. 

7 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

thats an understatement, suppose if you say something often enough it might happen one day.

Seems to have gotten some Partick fans in a state because they thought that they were signing both players.

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see you are apparently after McDaid and Hastie. Source is Twitter so massive pinch of salt etc.

Somebody on .net seems confident about McDaid coming.

Never heard anything about Hastie, but we do seem to have a penchant for current/Ex Rangers players at the moment.

Really not sure we need anybody else to be honest.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seems to have gotten some Partick fans in a state because they thought that they were signing both players.

A couple of daft wee spice boys who piss the bed over the most ridiculous of things.

No one else is bothered.

Todd and Fenton will go out on loan so probably need another 1 player in.

We now have Dorrans, Wilson, Cole, Pybus, Dow and Thomas for the 2 midfield roles. I’m wondering if we can add Paul Allan to the list of players we might look to loan out?

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We now have Dorrans, Wilson, Cole, Pybus, Dow and Thomas for the 2 midfield roles. I’m wondering if we can add Paul Allan to the list of players we might look to loan out?

That’s assuming we are going to play 3 strikers every week in the league, I don’t think we will. In my view we have Cole, Dorrans, Wilson, Pybus, Kennedy, Allan and Thomas for the 3 positions in midfield (2 CMs and 1 in the 10 role)

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many teams actually play a number 10 though? Seems to be a role that’s dying out in the modern game.

I guess by that I meant the role that Wighton/Ohara has played, we haven’t had 3 out and out strikers. Ohara and Wighton have been floating in the space behind toddy. Interested to see how we line up on Saturday, regardless these are nice problems to have.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

no chance Dow as an option in a midfield 2, if its 3 then yes. i dont include Fenton and Todd in the squad so they have never been part of it but if we do sign another winger as rumoured then certainly one of Allan or McCann, if not both should go out and play.  having options is one thing but you can have too many sometimes and that can lead to problems especially with no reserve team.