Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Great for club finances but pretty much guaranteed the end of our League Cup run. Think we’ve managed to get three OF away games after reaching knockout stages.

Last time we got battered at Ibrox I was standing in queue for ticket when 2nd goal went in and just said f**k it and went back to the pub.

His isolation period finished Friday. Will be announced officially today - everything has been sorted out between us and Rangers. 
Dorrans is an interesting one. Didn't think he looked too hot for Dundee tbh. 

If we’d signed Billy King and played him against Stenny then Nat, King and Cole would all have been on the pitch on Saturday.

I'd be willing to give Dorrans a chance. Similar to when we got Whittaker, best days are certainly behind him but he could add to what is a very youthful midfield. Might not have the legs but I'm sure will still be technically a very sound footballer.

Would be happy with Dorrans. A different option and would add a lot of experience to the midfield, when he plays. Think Grant would be more sensible than Crawford was with Whittaker and play him when needed, rather than squeezing him into the team whenever he can.

Defence has looked shaky, hopefully Breen adding competition will help out.

30 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

when i see this Dorrans link i cant get Dean Shiels out of my head, hopefully works out better than that did if he does sign.

At their best Dorran's was comfortably better than Shiels. Also, AJ weirdly signed Shiels as a CM when he had always played as a wide player/winger/forward before that. Dorran's is a CM and will play there if he signs. He'll also have legs of Cole/Thomas/Pybus/Allan around him. When we signed Shiels he had Michael Paton and big Nat.

I rated Shiels quite highly when he was with us. He was less effective during the second half of the season but then again the majority of the squad were like that.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fine with Dorrans as long as we’re not splashing the cash on an older guy whose best years are behind him.

Obviously his best days are behind him or he wouldn't be near the Scottish Championship and obviously he'll be one of, if not, the highest earner for you lot.

As is, he looked half arsed for us at times, but his quality was evident. Would have liked to have signed him on again even though we have an absolutely stacked midfield. Very much was a defensive player for us. Took the ball from centre defence and kept the ball ticking along nicely without creating too much. The type that does a job very effectively but isn't flashy and doesn't win the ball back. Something every team needs but not what you're wanting from such a name as Graham Dorrans when you know what he used to be able to do which leads to some of the support liking him and the other half thinking he's a waste of a wage.

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

I've not been to any of the cup games, what type of midfielder is Paul Allan?

Difficult to say vs Stenny as game had petered out by time he came on but against Dumbarton he was base of midfield, sometimes collecting the ball directly from Mehmet.