Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
9 hours ago, airdrieman said:
Gabby McGill folks? 

Scored the scrappiest goal you'll ever see down at Palmerston. Won 3-2 with him and Jonny Afolabi upfront. Unreal patter.

What is this madness? 

My gast has been flabbered. 

Guest Axle Grease
32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Been lots of personal and admin issues with Breen signing so will just be done and dusted asap. 

Okay m8. Good to have a board membeg on here 👍👌👍👌

Rhys Breen all but confirmed 
22829A2B-06D6-445B-9DC6-564ACB2202DA.thumb.png.f74eabc9326a91447084a421bf6da688.png

Good news. Think I saw somewhere that Breen’s contract expires in November or something, since it was extended to allow him to finish the US season on his loan spell there. Perhaps agreeing a sell on % or something is the issue, I don’t know. Pure speculation on my part. Looks like he’s planning to come here though, which suggests it’s almost done.

Got tickets for me and my mate for tomorrow’s game but they’re both on my phone.
If I send him a screenshot of his ticket will that work or do I just need to pass my phone back through to him after I’ve scanned mine?

I bought for me and my friend. Forwarded the email to him and agreed which ticket was his and which was mine. Should work no bother.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Got tickets for me and my mate for tomorrow’s game but they’re both on my phone.

If I send him a screenshot of his ticket will that work or do I just need to pass my phone back through to him after I’ve scanned mine?

I bought tickets for 2 mates, screenshot one of the QR codes and send it to him then you use the other, worked fine for Dumbarton game. Just make sure you zoom in enough and the code is clear on the screenshot.

No reason why a screenshot wouldn’t work unless the image blurs or loses quality when you send it. I’m going with the old boy and the tickets are on my phone so I’ll be passing it through the turnstile.

17 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Gabby McGill folks? 

Eh.... 

He ran around allot, scored 1 goal, never at any point looked like he was going to seriously be a championship striker. 

What I would say is that he's a big lad, might take him time to grow into that and use his physicality how he should, others like Jordan White and Blair Henderson looked very gangly as Dunfermline youths and went on to have good careers. 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Eh.... 

He ran around allot, scored 1 goal, never at any point looked like he was going to seriously be a championship striker. 

What I would say is that he's a big lad, might take him time to grow into that and use his physicality how he should, others like Jordan White and Blair Henderson looked very gangly as Dunfermline youths and went on to have good careers. 

He looked utterly hopeless. The game against Partick where he came on as a sub was typical of his performances, we went from looking like scoring every time we went up the park to being utterly rudderless up there. I don't think he's ever going to make it above League 2 level, although I'd happily be proven wrong. 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If it’s through Total Tickets , the company we use at Ayr , a screenshot of the ticket scans at turnstile with no issues 

On 22/07/2021 at 17:19, The Great Cornholio said:

some random foreign player, sadly unlikely with the Brexit rules 😞

if they did find one they would have pretty much all options covered in the middle but does Grant want anyone like that? he didnt have one at Alloa although that might have been through circumstances rather than choice, he also might really fancy Thomas playing in there and that would make up 5 options albeit a bit lightweight.

Stevie Hetherington did that role for Alloa the last few seasons and played every week under Grant. Tidy midfielder too but was our main ball winner in midfield. Great for a crunching tackle and picked up a yellow almost every week. He was well worth a deal with someone in the Championship this season but has unfortunately ended up at Falkirk.

On 23/07/2021 at 00:04, Chubbychops said:

Plantar fasciitis is not pleasant and unpredictable. 

Must be a nightmare for a young footballer.

I've only know folk a bit older to get it. Horrible pain shooting through the bottom of your foot, I've had it in the last year but I'm 44. Runners, fat folk or wearing the wrong shoes can cause it apparently. 

Will be same as Sean Murdoch then, been out ages then gone when out of contract. We don't have money to spare unfortunately

11 hours ago, Fungi said:

Will be same as Sean Murdoch then, been out ages then gone when out of contract. We don't have money to spare unfortunately

He’s been kept on despite his contract been up in may.  Club obviously feel he has a chance of being fit relatively soon.

Grant’s worse than Crawford for switching keepers. At least he’d switch between Gill/Scully when they made mistakes, rather than switching every game. Good to see Cole starting, but seems harsh for Allan to be dropped. Hopefully Kennedy comes on too.

Also hoping Watson’s injury is nothing serious.