Walking Down The Halbeath Road

you missed out Graham and Watson at centre half...and Murray is not our player any more....

going by whats in the Dunfermline Press, Grant said before Cole signed three more, maybe four so it could be one more signing now and thats us done, presumably Breen going by the rumours. 

i expect Todd and Fenton to go out on loan, neither would need replaced in the squad

15 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

you missed out Graham and Watson at centre half...and Murray is not our player any more....

I had an image of Watson in my head wearing number 44 and I still typed out Murray. Forgot about Graham. We are well sorted now in defence. Maybe two or three more signings as back up still to go. 

I would like to see a physical, tenacious central midfielder come in

Cole looks a decent signing, he 's attacking. Pybus was apparently brought in as an attacking CM going by PG's comments at the time.Question marks over how good he's going to be. Wilson is box to box (good player) and it leaves Paul Allan as the only holding midfielder and he's still to prove he good enough.

If Wilson got injured again we would look very lightweight in the middle of the park and possibly a bit low on quality.

some random foreign player, sadly unlikely with the Brexit rules 😞

if they did find one they would have pretty much all options covered in the middle but does Grant want anyone like that? he didnt have one at Alloa although that might have been through circumstances rather than choice, he also might really fancy Thomas playing in there and that would make up 5 options albeit a bit lightweight.

Guest Axle Grease
20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bloody hell, these new owners aren't messing about.

image.png.38334b3cd1ddf7992bc61447a477d0b3.png

Where did that come from? 

Guest Axle Grease
22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Shite headline. He'll get over it. 

However what Ross has done should never be forgotten as far as Pars fans are concerned. He (and one and two others) took that initial risk in bringing our plight to the fans attention, then won the club back from a precarious situation. He seems relieved now to have brought us to this point with new investors effectively taking over. He's done a great job. 

2 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Shite headline. He'll get over it. 

However what Ross has done should never be forgotten as far as Pars fans are concerned. He (and one and two others) took that initial risk in bringing our plight to the fans attention, then won the club back from a precarious situation. He seems relieved now to have brought us to this point with new investors effectively taking over. He's done a great job. 

Happy he's staying on as chairman and keeps the continuity from old to new regime. What a fantastic outcome after what we have been through. To find investors who are putting big money into infrastructure projects, instead of short term ego trips is quite remarkable.

We can never forget the people who acted and took a leading role and I applaud them, but should always remember that the club would've died regardless if the fans didn't collectively  put their hands into their pockets and backed the  community owned club. Great achievement by all Pars fans rich or poor.

Can't wait to see what the next chapter brings.

Edited by Chubbychops

6 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Gabby McGill folks? 

Done well at reserve level, never anything when he got a chance in the first team.  

I think he had a slight edge in pace at reserves but when he played first team he looked like he was towing a caravan and would often looked the most tired player on the pitch despite only being on for a few minutes.

Reasonable touch and decent finisher but he’s only going to be able to do that when he’s not being physically dominated.  Got a bit of game time at Edinburgh city,  they’ll probably know more.

14 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Gabby McGill folks? 

Very young still at 20,  but couldn't  see much to get excited about.

He only came on as a sub most times,  not sure if he ever started a game. He was really slow. Looked like he was running through tar.

Edited by Chubbychops

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Interesting comment from grant in his video interview regarding Martin..   ‘ just monitoring cos with him it’s not an injury’. 

Plantar fasciitis is not pleasant and unpredictable. 

Must be a nightmare for a young footballer.

I've only know folk a bit older to get it. Horrible pain shooting through the bottom of your foot, I've had it in the last year but I'm 44. Runners, fat folk or wearing the wrong shoes can cause it apparently.