Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 hours ago, smpar said:

Really can’t be arsed Googling different dates and potential caveats or changes to the level system but the 9th august is the next planned change on Covid restrictions, including no limitations on football attendances, so are we looking at a full house for the Rovers game at San Starko for the first game without restrictions?

Hoping so. Will be some atmosphere and game if we can all go. Getting aroused at the thought here.

52 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Beyond the lack of Turnstile on the tickets but hopefully they sort that basic asf error. Having to queue at 3 turnstiles and hoping you have the right one is shite.

Just now because you have to select your seat you would have to be a bit daft to go in completely the wrong turnstile.

But yes when things are more normal hopefully it's sorted. 

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just now because you have to select your seat you would have to be a bit daft to go in completely the wrong turnstile.

But yes when things are more normal hopefully it's sorted. 

Not sure, I used the turnstyle at the away end of the main stand as it had a far short queue. Logically it made more sense to go in there and walk along the stand than walk outside and wait at a turnstile.  Got an error code but was waved in anyway. 

Doesn't make sense to me that they'd restrict what turnstiles you can use as long as its for the right stand. 

He's a very talented player and I was somewhat hoping we would being him back. Alas, not to be. 

I don't think he was as effective as he could've been for us and arguably we got more out of Ethan Ross. However, this was due to other teams (probably correctly) identifying him as the danger man and subsequently doubling up and/or marking him out the game. Any player is going to struggle a bit with that sort of attention focused on them. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He's a very talented player and I was somewhat hoping we would being him back. Alas, not to be. 

I don't think he was as effective as he could've been for us and arguably we got more out of Ethan Ross. However, this was due to other teams (probably correctly) identifying him as the danger man and subsequently doubling up and/or marking him out the game. Any player is going to struggle a bit with that sort of attention focused on them. 

Fair assessment. Very promising player, no doubt, but equally teams seemed to be able to nullify him fairly easily by doubling up and also using a bit of physicality against him. I’d take him over Zanatta any day of the week though.

Guest Axle Grease
4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Hopefully our team selections help him show his potential. 

Where did you play him?

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Where did you play him?

Initially on the wing, although laterally behind the strikers. 

I'd say he's about as good a loan player as you're going to get. That said, I think he was better for Caley than he was for us, and he was better for us at the start of his spell than at the end. His debut at Tynecastle was probably his best game. 

Largely, though, that lack of impact was because teams were doubling up on him, and that's going to create spaces and opportunities elsewhere. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes on to have a great season. With another year's experience he could be exceptional at this level. There's a chance he might continue to struggle now that teams have worked out how to stop him, but I think he's good enough to overcome that. 

I think our attacking options could make this quite difficult for opponents. Teams can’t double up on both Thomas and Kennedy. Would leave everyone else with a lot of space. When you also consider we have O’Hara, Wighton and Todorov it’ll be hard to keep all of them quiet. Appreciate the summary though, as I haven’t seen too much of him. Seemed to do brilliantly at Inverness and certainly a positive sign that Raith fans would have wanted him back, particularly given we’re looking to play a similar brand of football this year.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The two in this week has been really pleasing. We've that much dangerous attacking players that teams shouldn't be able to afford to double up. And if they do that's just more space for O'Hara, Wighton, Thomas, Dow to take advantage of.

We might not win every week but it's going to be an exciting team to watch. 

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think our attacking options could make this quite difficult for opponents. Teams can’t double up on both Thomas and Kennedy. Would leave everyone else with a lot of space. When you also consider we have O’Hara, Wighton and Todorov it’ll be hard to keep all of them quiet. Appreciate the summary though, as I haven’t seen too much of him. Seemed to do brilliantly at Inverness and certainly a positive sign that Raith fans would have wanted him back, particularly given we’re looking to play a similar brand of football this year.

That's a fair point. Despite finishing second, we struggled with our strikers for various reasons. Ugwu offers something but is static, Duku just lost it and the less said about Abraham, the better. There was no real need to put a lot of effort into stopping these players so you could allow others to mafje out the danger man.

It got to the point that if you stopped our wingers (Kennedy and Armstrong) then you stopped us entirely. Hence McGlynn changing it up towards the end of the season. 

A very good signing and unlike a lot of the Murray Park products we have had over the years, a player who is very highly regarded at Rangers too. 

In attacking sense, this as good a team you could hope for at this level. We'll have Breen coming in to give us him, Gaspuitis, Graham, Martin and Watson as our centre-halves. Comrie is possibly the best full-back in the league and this is Edwards 3rd season, so you are hoping he will cut out some of the silly, needless mistakes he makes, because there 100% is a talented player in there. We have a decent defence but OFW is the absolute fear. I really hope Mehmet keeps his place and doesn't pick up any injuries. 

Edited by DAFC.