Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1000 tickets sold for Saturday. 

Pleased with that considering 920 were sold for the Dumbarton game on the morning of the game.

If we have our own training facilities and youth set-up, then that would be absolutely fantastic in the long run. We spent all that time in the noughties spunking cash we never even had on useless duds and pretty much disregarded local talent. We weren't the only club doing it mind you. 

Maybe we were waiting on this going through before making proper headways in the signings department?

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we have our own training facilities and youth set-up, then that would be absolutely fantastic in the long run. We spent all that time in the noughties spunking cash we never even had on useless duds and pretty much disregarded local talent. We weren't the only club doing it mind you. 

Maybe we were waiting on this going through before making proper headways in the signings department?

not sure what proper headways is, more and/or better signings? i highly doubt it going by the comments last summer about no big spending, no open cheque books etc.

this has gone through now to get the training ground going, going to guess they have been surprised at how quickly they have secured the site which is why as it says in the report the board requested the takeover to be brought forward ie need the cash now to make sure they get it.

Gabby McGill signs for Airdrie. Bit surprised at that, assumed he’d move back to England. Maybe he’ll prove us all wrong, but he offered absolutely nothing in his time with us.

Aye, I'm surprised he's got a half decent gig up here. He's young, though, and I'm not surprised some club has taken a chance on him - not exactly going to cost a lot is he?

Really can’t be arsed Googling different dates and potential caveats or changes to the level system but the 9th august is the next planned change on Covid restrictions, including no limitations on football attendances, so are we looking at a full house for the Rovers game at San Starko for the first game without restrictions?

Really can’t be arsed Googling different dates and potential caveats or changes to the level system but the 9th august is the next planned change on Covid restrictions, including no limitations on football attendances, so are we looking at a full house for the Rovers game at San Starko for the first game without restrictions?

Win on Saturday and the league cup 2nd round will be our first game with no restrictions - weekend of 14th August. This is, of course, assuming there’ll be no changes between now and then.

Win on Saturday and the league cup 2nd round will be our first game with no restrictions - weekend of 14th August. This is, of course, assuming there’ll be no changes between now and then.

I really hope it does all go to plan - no reason why it shouldn’t. Interestingly, I see Rangers have somewhat promised their fans a full house for their first(?) European game of the season, with only the Scottish Government in their way if the road map is altered, giving them a good “the SNP is anti-Rangers” platform if there are changes.

I really hope it does all go to plan - no reason why it shouldn’t. Interestingly, I see Rangers have somewhat promised their fans a full house for their first(?) European game of the season, with only the Scottish Government in their way if the road map is altered, giving them a good “the SNP is anti-Rangers” platform if there are changes.

I’m of the opinion that it will change, and big crowds like that won’t be permitted. If that is the wording their admin have used, then they have played a blinder because it’ll reinstate to their fans that their club absolutely despise anything other than right-wing, zealot, bigoted Tories.

Early on the year they put a tweet up saying (verbatim) “We have written to Her Majesty’s Government” Absolute freaks.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

That should be the case....but by f**k you never know

Game is now on the Friday live on Bbc so full house unlikely

That should be the case....but by f**k you never know

Game is now on the Friday live on Bbc so full house unlikely

I think there’s a good chance that, even with the game on a Friday, all available tickets will be sold (even if it is full capacity). Agree with smpar above though, I fully expect there to be some form of restrictions in place still.

19 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think the result on Saturday and the fact there were no real issues with the organisation on the day will have given more people confidence about going to the game.

Would be terrific if we sold all 2000 tickets.

Beyond the lack of Turnstile on the tickets but hopefully they sort that basic asf error. Having to queue at 3 turnstiles and hoping you have the right one is shite.