Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Well, here's hoping he's decent. No clue about him other than he played for Thistle recently.

If Dom continues like he is, I think him and a fully fit (such a thing?) Wilson would be perfect.

I think we’d have to be very clinical this season to be successful with that system. It’s too easy to reach our box and better teams will take advantage.

I’d hope that Wilson or another defensive minded midfielder would help with that obviously but I can’t see us keeping many clean sheets. We do seem to have a very exciting front line so it should be interesting.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, here's hoping he's decent. No clue about him other than he played for Thistle recently.

If Dom continues like he is, I think him and a fully fit (such a thing?) Wilson would be perfect.

I would like to see Dom play in behind 2 strikers don't feel like it's wise to have no options on the bench to change the strike force.

43 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Reece Cole signed. Is he any good? Don't think I've seen him play before. 

Reece Cole is a very good signing for you. Would have been happy to have taken him back at Firhill but we need bodies in other positions more urgently. Skilful player!

Scored a cracker when we beat Partick 5-1 a couple of years back (I think?). Doesn’t exactly have to be great in the middle of the park to improve on our current options. Hopefully he does well.

Wasn’t that when Cammy Gill played? Not that it was a poor free kick but it should never have gone in IIRC.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I would like to see Dom play in behind 2 strikers don't feel like it's wise to have no options on the bench to change the strike force.

I think you can make quite a few changes without especially making a sub with the three we have.  They were much more a flat 3 against Dumbarton vs having a deeper number 10 and 2 further up against st mirren and Partick.  You can also bring one off and play Thomas /Dow at 10. We have attacking options,  tho a pacy winger would help, which is where Kennedy would come in.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think we’d have to be very clinical this season to be successful with that system. It’s too easy to reach our box and better teams will take advantage.

I’d hope that Wilson or another defensive minded midfielder would help with that obviously but I can’t see us keeping many clean sheets. We do seem to have a very exciting front line so it should be interesting.

if you want a more attacking system and style compared to the last couple of seasons then you will concede more chances and goals as a result.

im not sure another midfielder will come in now to be honesT, i could see them going with what they have now unless someone far too good to turn down pops up, some random internationalist or something. Breen and Kennedy positionally make sense, after that is anyones guess.

Declan McManus scored for TNS tonight as they won 5-0 away from home in Europe.
Seems like that deal is working out well for both parties.

Glad to see he’s doing well. Hopefully he’s enjoying himself and continues to do well. I don’t think he’d be a great fit for us this year and I like the look of Todorov - who wouldn’t have been signed if McManus had stayed. As you say, working out well for all parties.

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd prefer Todorov to McManus with what I've seen so far.

Absolutely. Said it at the time that it was a stupendous bit of business, Got a fee for McManus and Todorov cost us nothing. Fantastic stuff. 

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Declan McManus scored for TNS tonight as they won 5-0 away from home in Europe.

Seems like that deal is working out well for both parties.

That is an extremely impressive result away from home. 

On 20/07/2021 at 00:09, parsforlife said:

Aye 2000 limit,   Given how long it took for the Dumbarton game to sell out with 1000 and that historically we don’t get big crowds for cup games against lower league opponents I’d be surprised if we sell that.  I think it will be sensible to make some offer to Stenhousemuir fans to use the NE or a part of the main stand.  

What is stopping Stenny fans buying tickets? other than being no official away end the tickets are on general sale to anyone who wants one.

11 minutes ago, The Saline Hill Puma said:

What is stopping Stenny fans buying tickets? other than being no official away end the tickets are on general sale to anyone who wants one.

Nothing I suppose. Unless you want a Chelsea smile off the CSS when Stenny score. 

4 hours ago, The Saline Hill Puma said:

Nothing,  stenny fans can buy tickets and i'd have no problem with them being within the home support( there is absolutely no need for segregation at the vast majority of matches)